Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ban this bloke for life

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
How upsetting for children to see manager holding a bottle top. Are there no stewards there to clamp down on this

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How upsetting for children to see manager holding a bottle top. Are there no stewards there to clamp down on this

For some of the kids it would have been their first time at the Amex. All they will remember is “the thug with the bottle top”.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I actually found out why they remove bottle tops at sports events recently and it makes sense. People drop their bottles on the floor, if there was an evacuation situation then people will roll their ankles, slip and fall stepping on bottles with a lid on, if the lid is removed then the bottle will simply crush. You learn something new everyday.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I actually found out why they remove bottle tops at sports events recently and it makes sense. People drop their bottles on the floor, if there was an evacuation situation then people will roll their ankles, slip and fall stepping on bottles with a lid on, if the lid is removed then the bottle will simply crush. You learn something new everyday.

And you believed that?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
How upsetting for children to see manager holding a bottle top.

The children will soon be holding up signs saying 'Chris can I have your bottle top please', and they'll be flogging the match used bottle tops on eBay before you know it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That guys a menace. I’ve seen him invade the technical area loads of times. Who is he? If I carried on like that well dressed maniac I’d be hoofed out of ESL. Then where would I get a nice quiet snooze of a Saturday arvo?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He's bottled it.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing

Well when we scored my sons almost full bottle of water got knocked over in the melee creating a nice slippery puddle of water in the back row of the family stand, which is probably more of a danger to the public.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would YOU try taking a lid off him or telling him he wasn’t allowed in with it ? With his reputation for losing his temper ?

You can see the pent up fury in the eyes, daring someone to challenge him about it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, that is actually the reason as per the H&S official for sports events.
Just because it's the official reason given doesn't mean it's actually true. Whilst I accept it's anecdotal I've never damaged myself by stepping on a bottle top, whereas in the past I have slipped on spilled liquids and by treading on foodstuffs (eg chips).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well when we scored my sons almost full bottle of water got knocked over in the melee creating a nice slippery puddle of water in the back row of the family stand, which is probably more of a danger to the public.

water's not that slippery though is it :glare:. Most of us manage to walk around on wet pavements after a day of rain with no problem whatsoever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here