Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Seem to remember most of the lies came from the remain side, millions of jobs lost (not gained as per the case ) every householder being 4k worse off and hundreds of other scare stories still to come to fruition. Still think all parties should have got a working group together so a United front could've been agreed at the start of negotiations. Instead they have all fragmented down the usual party lines Labour not knowing what side to support, lib dems who helped introduce uni fees ( who can trust them ) deciding to ignore the result and the Cons now looking to railroad it through. What a mess

No, this shambles is a Brexiteer shambles, pure and simple. Lie upon lie, tumbling down on them like a golden shower.

The Cons are the far right Brexit party, stuff them, Labo7r are inept Marxists, and the Libs wont get in because of our electoral system.

REMAIN means REMAIN
HG

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Seem to remember most of the lies came from the remain side, millions of jobs lost (not gained as per the case ) every householder being 4k worse off and hundreds of other scare stories still to come to fruition. Still think all parties should have got a working group together so a United front could've been agreed at the start of negotiations. Instead they have all fragmented down the usual party lines Labour not knowing what side to support, lib dems who helped introduce uni fees ( who can trust them ) deciding to ignore the result and the Cons now looking to railroad it through. What a mess

WE HAVENT LEFT YET SO OF COURSE THESE THINGS HAVENT COME TO FRUITION YET.

I keep hearing this fallacy that there were lies from both sides, I can’t remember any outright lies from the remain campaigns. Yes Labour haven’t been strong opposition, but this balls up is 100% conservative balls up. I wish someone would tell me just ONE tangible benefit to my life that will occur via Brexit. Cos in three and a half years I still haven’t heard ONE. Brexit, and especially a no deal Brexit will benefit precisely no one. (Unless you happen to be a multi billionaire, or in the top 1% highest earners in the country)
No ones life will be demonstrably worse off if we remain in the EU. But leaving will ruin many peoples lives/livelihoods.

F**K Brexit

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I keep hearing this fallacy that there were lies from both sides, I can’t remember any outright lies from the remain campaigns. Yes Labour haven’t been strong opposition, but this balls up is 100% conservative balls up. I wish someone would tell me just ONE tangible benefit to my life that will occur via Brexit. Cos in three and a half years I still haven’t heard ONE. Brexit, and especially a no deal Brexit will benefit precisely no one. (Unless you happen to be a multi billionaire, or in the top 1% highest earners in the country)
No ones life will be demonstrably worse off if we remain in the EU. But leaving will ruin many peoples lives/livelihoods.

F**K Brexit

Well said and bang right.
Looking through todays threads the far more intelligent, astute and knowledgeable remain posters have truly sent the leave morons back down to the bottom of the pond and under their stones.
Unbelievable ignorance from the leavers today who just will not listen and learn.
Special mention to PPF and Mouldy Boots with the usual mind numbing ignorant drivel.
Their sort are going to flush this country down the khazi when we leave.
Brexit must be stopped.
Vote Lib Dem.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still completely bamboozled the man leading our country. Can't deal with a Labour supporter who has been up all night with his daughter in hospital, but is the 'hulk' in negotiations.

I love the fact Johnson just cannot avoid lying...[sounds of hundreds of shutter clicks in background] "there's no press here"....:facepalm:

Its incredible isn't it ? He just says, quite literally, the first thing that comes into his head. Denial is his instant natural response, no matter how nonsensical. Like the bloke berating him on the streets of Morley the other week.

"What are you doing here ? What are you doing in Morely ? You should be in Brussels, negotiating a deal !"
"Bduh bduh bduuuuh....we, we are already on the BRINK of agreeing a deal"

I mean christ. :facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Laura Kuensberg of the BBC has found him and outed him! He has a sick child but he is also a Labour supporter, shock horror.

To be fair, I think that is ok to report that. It does appear to be an "organised ambush" on balance. I was wondering why his voice is so amplified above the others, is as if he is wearing a radio microphone ?

All she appears to have done is link to this Twitter post where he has identified himself along with video. She has hardly "identified" him, he has done it himself.

Such is the complexity of modern politics, the media and social media. There is now a very blurred line between acting in a "personal capacity" and campaigning for a cause. The doctor who "whistle blew" on Yellow Hammer was similar. Professionally he was advising the Government, personally he is active on Social Media campaigning against Brexit.

I might be wrong but it *looks* like a contrived attempt to copy other incidents where politicians have been ambushed.

Nothing wrong with it mind. Nothing I like better than watching a politician get interviewed by the public. Especially when they use the NHS for self promotion.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nothing gets a 'good deal' Brexiteer disappearing quicker than asking them to describe what this 'good deal' is that they want. Try asking [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] or [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] and you won't see them for dust.

Oops I mentioned them again

They have about as much understanding of this 'good deal' that they want as Johnson :lolol:

View attachment 115423

will -of-the-people.gif

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
To be fair, I think that is ok to report that. It does appear to be an "organised ambush" on balance. I was wondering why his voice is so amplified above the others, is as if he is wearing a radio microphone ?

All she appears to have done is link to this Twitter post where he has identified himself along with video. She has hardly "identified" him, he has done it himself.

Such is the complexity of modern politics, the media and social media. There is now a very blurred line between acting in a "personal capacity" and campaigning for a cause. The doctor who "whistle blew" on Yellow Hammer was similar. Professionally he was advising the Government, personally he is active on Social Media campaigning against Brexit.

I might be wrong but it *looks* like a contrived attempt to copy other incidents where politicians have been ambushed.

Nothing wrong with it mind. Nothing I like better than watching a politician get interviewed by the public. Especially when they use the NHS for self promotion.

If I had a 7 day old daughter who was very ill, and watching medical staff stretched to the limits, then fawning all around the Prime Minister as he uses a hospital visit for a press opportunity, I would be shouting at the top of my voice at him.
The suit is talking in a low calm voice trying to talk him down, and Johnson is mumbling.

It's unsurprising to me the Dad is so much louder. Emotion does that. Look at us at football.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Vote Lib Dem.

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever vote for the Lib Dem Party again. They can offer me herds of unicorns and a bevy of hand maidens and still I won't put my cross in the box next to their party.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003

I keep hearing this fallacy that there were lies from both sides, I can’t remember any outright lies from the remain campaigns.

I'm not going to list everything as they've been done to death in the last 100k+ posts but here's one - Osbourne said there would need to be an emergency budget shortly after the vote if the result was leave. Maybe I missed it while being on holiday ….. could you give me the date this emergency budget took place ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Hhmmm, unicorns you say - I'm tempted!

Now about these hand maidens, tell me more...!

You might be a bit disappointed when you see them, the hand maidens I mean not the unicorns, unicorns are wonderfully beautiful creatures.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Laura Kuensberg of the BBC has found him and outed him! He has a sick child but he is also a Labour supporter, shock horror.

[tweet]1174318249460281346[/tweet]

[tweet]1174318564397985793[/tweet]

Reported to Twitter for harassment by the erstwhile Ms Kuenssberg, who is supposed to be an unbiased political reporter.[/QUOTE

Hmm, why is she 'erstwhile'?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I'm not going to list everything as they've been done to death in the last 100k+ posts but here's one - Osbourne said there would need to be an emergency budget shortly after the vote if the result was leave. Maybe I missed it while being on holiday ….. could you give me the date this emergency budget took place ?

Of course we didn't need an emergency budget. We already had the £350 million a week hidden inside Johnson's bus, didn't we?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well said and bang right.
Looking through todays threads the far more intelligent, astute and knowledgeable remain posters have truly sent the leave morons back down to the bottom of the pond and under their stones.
Unbelievable ignorance from the leavers today who just will not listen and learn.
Special mention to PPF and Mouldy Boots with the usual mind numbing ignorant drivel.
Their sort are going to flush this country down the khazi when we leave.
Brexit must be stopped.
Vote Lib Dem.

Lib Dems are the only party that offer any clarity

Labour's conflicting sell or the Tories no deal, no idea Brexit

As for them being undemocratic, well if in the highly unlikely event they did a parliamentary majority they would have a mandate to stop Brexit outright. A lot of misreporting as usual that their policy is revoke in all circumstances, it is not

Apart from that, they still want to People's Vote on the final deal v remain, nothing has changed

In the meantime they've picked up some decent people...

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
I think we are all very aware that you are a BIG fan of Unicorns :p

Indeed WZ, indeed. I have thought of popping down to a donkey sanctuary I know of and re-creating the scene. I think it'll work - well it will fool 2Profs and Plooks at the very least.

Donkey.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here