Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace predicted loss to increase to nearly £800,000 a week

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think Zaha will go in January

They’ll be selling from a position where everyone knows they are broke, so will have to “settle” for about £50m

That would cover one year’s losses and reduced their weekly loss from about £800 to £700k a week

That would still mean, that they have to be making net £30m in the transfer market every year to break even.

To me, if Palace can stay up until they can get Benteke etc off the wage bill, and look to build in a more sustainable way, they can breathe a big sigh of relief. If not, see ya later Palace.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A question about Palace’s finances.

Presumably the owners are covering these losses. Are they doing this from wealth which they already have? Or are they having to borrow?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A question about Palace’s finances.

Presumably the owners are covering these losses. Are they doing this from wealth which they already have? Or are they having to borrow?

Palace’s borrowings increased from £27m to £63m in 2017/18. Most of this has come from owners, some of whom are looking to sell their stake in the club. I was asked to value the club on behalf of a potential buyer over the summer.

89c694718db75951ba9f262b74878356.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

It’s all leveraged against the value of Zaha.

So just as the debts go up close to £1M a week, his value needs to rise by an equivalent amount too, to keep the club leveraged and afloat.

Of course, normally this just happens behind the scenes, but the wider public was able to see it in action over the summer - when the price that clubs were being quoted for Zaha rose continuously. When rumours of an Arsenal bid first began, he was priced around £75m. By deadline day - the day Disney his under his desk every time the phone rang from Everton - it was up to £100m. By now I’d imagine it’s north of £120m, and by the January transfer window will be nudging £150m.

It’s an interesting approach to balancing the books, that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Palace’s borrowings increased from £27m to £63m in 2017/18. Most of this has come from owners, some of whom are looking to sell their stake in the club. I was asked to value the club on behalf of a potential buyer over the summer.

[MENTION=33633]Me and my Monkey[/MENTION], he's at it again, tell him to stop :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], what would you guess the current value of Crystal Palace FC is?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I imagine your consistent use of the phrase “small club” in the valuation was the deal killer?

I do actually love the idea of a Brighton fan being involved in the valuation of Palace :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think Zaha will go in January

They’ll be selling from a position where everyone knows they are broke, so will have to “settle” for about £50m

That would cover one year’s losses and reduced their weekly loss from about £800 to £700k a week

That would still mean, that they have to be making net £30m in the transfer market every year to break even.

To me, if Palace can stay up until they can get Benteke etc off the wage bill, and look to build in a more sustainable way, they can breathe a big sigh of relief. If not, see ya later Palace.

Beat me to it

Zaha will go in Jan I imagine, I’m not sure league position will stop that.

Benteke is out of contract in the summer So is Dann - which will help.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beat me to it

Zaha will go in Jan I imagine, I’m not sure league position will stop that.

Benteke is out of contract in the summer So is Dann - which will help.

Last I heard, they were in discussions with Benteke over a new deal. He's due another goal some time in March apparently.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We have been discussing their inevitable slump and demise for years and yet they still finish every season above us whilst often beating top six teams, often when they are in trouble in the league too. Can they just hurry up and crash and burn please. Irritating club

Sell Zaha and their debts disappear.

Sell Zaha and the ability to beat top 6 teams away from home, and other key PL wins disappears.

He is 100% the footballing difference, the player that enables a counter attacking game THAT SCORES AND WINS AWAY FROM HOME.

Money in the bank can never replace that. They’ll become just another bottom 6 / Championship club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cheats will continue to cheat. For the third time in this instance. Disgrace and no shame. Much like their fans / franchise followers.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019

Trade creditors have doubled I see. It would be interesting to see the ageing to establish whether it was just spend close to the year end or the club are taking longer to pay it's suppliers.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Blimey, this must be serious. I mean this thread has been open for business for nearly a whole day yet not a single whatabout wankpuffin has pitched up to bleat about our debt owed to Tony Bloom. That merits a somewhat ****ish 'Wow, just wow.'

The pillocks flogged the wrong player this summer. AWB's sale improved the bank balance but did not make a massive saving on weekly outgoings. All that guff from the senile old woman about purchases falling through is now revealed to be bollocks. They plainly can't add to their outgoings. Staying up is vital for them.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Batshuayi will probably go to Palace in Jan and Zaha sold for about £45m to anyone that they can flog him to.
Palace's position will be very weak with Zaha's suitors knowing Palace will be desperate for money to help service their debt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here