Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Kosovo 7.45 tonight @ St Mary's (capacity 32,505)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
93 goals!
Think about that. That's almost as many as Murray has for us but that's at INTERNATIONAL LEVEL!

Incredible player, no argument.

But are you really suggesting that goals against Lithuania or Malta are HARDER to rack up, than against PL defences? :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why not go on loan somewhere and fvcking PLAY, week in week out? Or even transfer out. I just don’t get the mentality that “this’ll do me fine...”

Perhaps he (and his agent) think, "A hundred K a week plus will do me just fvcking fine, thanks"? I expect it's a consideration ...........................

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
5live dissecting England’s lack of defending and non-existent control of the second half. Very clear that in a tournament that ever changing defence and lack of midfield control will see good teams take us apart.

Very clear that while playing three at the back, with wing backs, is fine, trying to do it using just two CBs is going to leave the odd gap for the opposition to exploit.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
As its not too far for me I thought I would check out availability. £140 a ticket!!!! Is that because the cheap ones have been sold or is that really what people pay these days? Be interested if anyone knows what the cheapest tickets were

As englandfans member we got tickets for £30 last night. The Montenegro and Bulgaria home matches we got for £20 as extra discounts at the moment for matches at Wembley in certain sections of the ground. They know its not an attractive set of home qualifiers, but after 5-0, 4-0 and 5-3 at the recent home games its not been too shabby, it was an exciting game last night!

Have to say the atmosphere was good last night, home and away fans, the only downside was the chaos getting in the ground. No idea why it was so slow, but many missed KO as people queued for 25/30 minutes to get in.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As englandfans member we got tickets for £30 last night. The Montenegro and Bulgaria home matches we got for £20 as extra discounts at the moment for matches at Wembley in certain sections of the ground. They know its not an attractive set of home qualifiers, but after 5-0, 4-0 and 5-3 at the recent home games its not been too shabby, it was an exciting game last night!

Have to say the atmosphere was good last night, home and away fans, the only downside was the chaos getting in the ground. No idea why it was so slow, but many missed KO as people queued for 25/30 minutes to get in.

I assume I am a bit slow and out of the know, but why wasn't this game played at Wembly?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Haven't read this, didn't see the game but the BBC sport site is berating Maguire and Keane. There is an option out there Southgate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Haven't read this, didn't see the game but the BBC sport site is berating Maguire and Keane. There is an option out there Southgate.

And apparently, its Gomez.

Said it before, if Dunk had moved this summer, then he'd have made the squad. Playing for Premier League flotsam like BHA will always limit his chances, meaning you get junk like Keane gumming up the picture.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Said it before, if Dunk had moved this summer, then he'd have made the squad. Playing for Premier League flotsam like BHA will always limit his chances, meaning you get junk like Keane gumming up the picture.

Quite ridiculous really.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I assume I am a bit slow and out of the know, but why wasn't this game played at Wembly?

Annual Jehovah's Witness european conference, complete with baptism pool in the eastern penalty area.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

More likely Southgate doesn't want players thought of as 'last ditch' type defenders, a la Dunk'n'Duffy (not that he could pick Duffy anyway), making desperate blocks with all parts of their anatomy. If under Potter Dunk starts defending further upfield, and carrying the ball successfully (more often anyway) - i.e. modern CB-ing - he might get more of a shout.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
More likely Southgate doesn't want players thought of as 'last ditch' type defenders, a la Dunk'n'Duffy (not that he could pick Duffy anyway), making desperate blocks with all parts of their anatomy. If under Potter Dunk starts defending further upfield, and carrying the ball successfully (more often anyway) - i.e. modern CB-ing - he might get more of a shout.

Dont be so sensible with correct answers. it upsets people.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Michael Keane is in the same CB ilk as Duffy and Tarkowski. A blocker, a heading stalwart, a stopper.

The polar opposite of VVD, Rio Ferdinand, Beckenbauer, Stones, Baresi.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

All CB's have to do that at some point. Could Keane bring the ball out of defence into midfield, and split a defence with 1 pass like Dunk did at Watford ? If he can, I don't ever remember seeing it.

All partizanship aside, would you swap Dunk for Keane ? I bloody wouldn't.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That only goes so far.

Absolute waste for him not to play.

Totally. Great plan to spend those vital years, age 17-21 say, practicing your triangles and running between the cones while Pep watches benignly on. Meanwhile, the likes of Mount, Sancho etc are all playing regularly in first teams, and consequently now staking their claims in the England squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Incredible player, no argument.

But are you really suggesting that goals against Lithuania or Malta are HARDER to rack up, than against PL defences? :shrug:

I dont think he is. But remember as im sure you are aware most of Murrays goals havent come in the Premier League!

Ronaldo’s international goals are incredible it cant be taken away from him. Its not like he hasnt won anything on the international stage either. I dont like the bloke. But very impressive never the less.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Totally. Great plan to spend those vital years, age 17-21 say, practicing your triangles and running between the cones while Pep watches benignly on. Meanwhile, the likes of Mount, Sancho etc are all playing regularly in first teams, and consequently now staking their claims in the England squad.

Had this very conversation in the pub the other night. Foden's career is stalling badly at City, with the odd sub appearance, a game in the Carabao against some noddy half-arsed opposition, and some U21 action here and there. He's in real danger of stagnating.

Sancho took the brave step of moving abroad, and is now playing week-in, week-out having a real impact at a proper club in a major european league, and look at the difference. He looked totally at home as an England international, slotting straight into that team and again, having an impact at the top level.

Foden needs to be loaned out to another PL club or abroad, otherwise he's just going to be another one of those promising youngsters who never quite fulfils his potential. Shit the bed, I'd have him down here in January for the rest of the season in a heartbeat. We already know Pep's a MASSIVE fan of Potterball, so maybe we should be putting out a few feelers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Had this very conversation in the pub the other night. Foden's career is stalling badly at City, with the odd sub appearance, a game in the Carabao against some noddy half-arsed opposition, and some U21 action here and there. He's in real danger of stagnating.

Sancho took the brave step of moving abroad, and is now playing week-in, week-out having a real impact at a proper club in a major european league, and look at the difference. He looked totally at home as an England international, slotting straight into that team and again, having an impact at the top level.

Foden needs to be loaned out to another PL club or abroad, otherwise he's just going to be another one of those promising youngsters who never quite fulfils his potential. Shit the bed, I'd have him down here in January for the rest of the season in a heartbeat. We already know Pep's a MASSIVE fan of Potterball, so maybe we should be putting out a few feelers.

I think he's unnaturally underweight, too. Odd.

Snap Pep's hand off to have him here. Provied inflated billy bollocks isn't the reason why the rest of him is so wizened....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Doesn’t help they brought a couple more CM in this summer, that should have set alarm bells off for him

I can see him being a “what happened to” player in 10 years.

Is he even playing u23 football?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here