Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tuesday will be interesting, apparently the Scottish appeal was able to see more evidence the UK one.

There is also another potential problem coming his way. Apparently none of the cabinet have seen the legal advice Boris was given before he suspended Parliament.

Unfortunately that breaks the ministerial code which was amended after the Chilcott Enquiry (post Iraq war etc..)

Oh Boris.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Turn the emotion off, we are in a shit storm that needs level headed leaders, not millennial whiners. Yes there will be victims of Brexit, some exist already. Newspapers with blood on their hands? Do grow up. The issue needs ending, decisively. From a voter and future pensioner of the UK, and a firm remainer. Leave means leave.

After three and a bit years of completely throttling business and the economy, and ensuring the poorest have continued to suffer, I couldn't agree more.

So which decisive ending are you going for ?

1/ The one that will allow business and the economy to 'get on with it' immediately
2/ The one that will give business and the country at least another 5 years of complete uncertainty
3/ The one that will give bushiness and the country another 50 years (©JRM) of complete uncertainty

or, in other terms

1/ Revoke Article 50
2/ Sign the WA that's taken 3.5 years (the easy bit) and start on the negotiation of the deal (the hard bit, which is laughingly estimated at 2 years :facepalm:)
3/ No deal. (I personally think JRM is a little optimistic with his 50 years but, for the sake of argument, let's go with that).

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After three and a bit years of completely throttling business and the economy, and ensuring the poorest have continued to suffer, I couldn't agree more.

So which decisive ending are you going for ?

1/ The one that will allow business and the economy to 'get on with it' immediately
2/ The one that will give business and the country at least another 5 years of complete uncertainty
3/ The one that will give bushiness and the country another 50 years ([emoji2398]JRM) of complete uncertainty

or, in other terms

1/ Revoke Article 50
2/ Sign the WA that's taken 3.5 years (the easy bit) and start on the negotiation of the deal (the hard bit, which is laughingly estimated at 2 years :facepalm:)
3/ No deal. (I personally think JRM is a little optimistic with his 50 years but, for the sake of argument, let's go with that).
The only 1 of those which doesn't restrict lifesaving isotopes and shelf-life limited drugs, and follows the advice of the referendum is.... option 2.

Options 1 and 3 each fail on one of the above fundamental requirements.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've never been a second class member. No other member has as many benefits or vetoes as us. France envies us our benefits.
Do they envy the subsidies they get for having more land than us?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tuesday will be interesting, apparently the Scottish appeal was able to see more evidence the UK one.

There is also another potential problem coming his way. Apparently none of the cabinet have seen the legal advice Boris was given before he suspended Parliament.

Unfortunately that breaks the ministerial code which was amended after the Chilcott Enquiry (post Iraq war etc..)

Oh Boris.

Ooopps.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
:lolol:

Alexandra Phillips Brexit MEP is moaning about unelected judges!

Yes we can expect the usual chorus of condemnation. Notwithstanding the Supreme Court ruling this adds to the increasing weight of evidence that Johnson is a total and utter disaster (and disgrace) in the office. I know Remainers can be smug (there's a lot to be smug about), but some of us saw this coming. If anything the reality is worse than the expectations (and believe me these were as low as a caterpillar's shoe-laces).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes we can expect the usual chorus of condemnation. Notwithstanding the Supreme Court ruling this adds to the increasing weight of evidence that Johnson is a total and utter disaster (and disgrace) in the office. I know Remainers can be smug (there's a lot to be smug about), but some of us saw this coming. If anything the reality is worse than the expectations (and believe me these were as low as a caterpillar's shoe-laces).

I agree but maybe you've missed the point.

The Brexit company has an owner and CEO, but no members so therefore not elected.
The judiciary are independent in this country and not elected.

The silly woman has shown her ignorance spectacularly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just for the record if I am alone at home I have Classic FM on but if wife is there she prefers the variety of music offered by Smooth FM. They have news bulletin every hour. This is just to explain to those who wish to ridicule the fact that it was mentioned on a Smooth Radio news bulletin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here