Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Tilley to Yeovil Town?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well as a left back, and with Bernardo and Gaetan Bong ahead of him in the pecking order, also of course with Potter currently preferring the three at the back formation, it will be nigh on impossible for him to grab a first team berth in the forseeable future l guess, so a permanent move does seem to be the best option for him.

Arguably Cochrane is a better prospect than Cox as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Live 15 minutes down the road from Yeovil and have never once, for a second, ever considered going to Huish Park. Nope, not for the most fleeting moment.

Shame in a way, they are a proud old club with a long history, who could do with all the support that they could get. Maybe you should go down and take a look?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Arguably Cochrane is a better prospect than Cox as well.

Must be absolutely brilliant then. Every time I've watched the U23s (which I have whenever there's been a stream available), Cox has been one of the stand out players on the pitch.

I realise there's competition for the LB spot (and not a lot of vacancies for a LB at the moment) although Cox looks perfectly capable of playing LWB too. Got a feeling if we let him go it'll be another Steve Cook situation.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Shame in a way, they are a proud old club with a long history, who could do with all the support that they could get. Maybe you should go down and take a look?

Seconded. I take my daughter along quite often as i want her to grow up understanding what it is to have a local team. I always want them to win, but that does not mean that i'm a fan as such. It's football at the end of the day and i enjoy watching a game. And yes, Yeovil need the support.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yeovil was a excellent away day if you didn't mind getting drenched and waiting 2 hours to get out the car park and on to the main road out of town, some decent pubs as well like The Archer, excellent times indeed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Seconded. I take my daughter along quite often as i want her to grow up understanding what it is to have a local team. I always want them to win, but that does not mean that i'm a fan as such. It's football at the end of the day and i enjoy watching a game. And yes, Yeovil need the support.

Too many 'fans' turn their noses up when it comes to watching teams who play in the lower divisions, and non league of course. It's clubs like those who provide the bedrock to football, and we must never forget that. The tragic demise of Bury is a prime example of that.

The precious Premier League has so much to answer for.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Too many 'fans' turn their noses up when it comes to watching teams who play in the lower divisions, and non league of course. It's clubs like those who provide the bedrock to football, and we must never forget that. The tragic demise of Bury is a prime example of that.

I'm guilty of this - living in Micky-Micky-Mild-Mild-Mid Sussex, I'm closer to Crawley Town than the AMEX, but the only time I've been has been to watch the Albion visit...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well done for calling this out mate. When it's fans of a club who've spent 80% of their history in the lower reaches acting like this you can't just let the comment slide.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I'm guilty of this - living in Micky-Micky-Mild-Mild-Mid Sussex, I'm closer to Crawley Town than the AMEX, but the only time I've been has been to watch the Albion visit...

Well, I think probably for the majority of Brighton fans it’s not quite the same.

Although I grew up in Horsham and so Crawley was always closer, my grandad lived in Brighton so we would always go to matches at the Withdean. And my first season was the promotion year from Div 3 (Cheaterfield, Zamora et al).

So if anyone ever tells me I’m a glory hunter based on Albion’s current fortunes, I can ask them how many times they visited the Withdean and tell them to go stuff their opinion up their bottoms.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They’ve got (had) a marquee with a barbecue and bar, Christ what more do you need!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Not turning my nose up. I've been to 100's of grounds supporting the Albion over the years. I remember the crumbly Goldstone and getting wet at Withdean. I just support the Albion and Yeovil has no appeal for me - although I'd be there like a shot if we got them in the cup. It's not a Prem thing. Having said that, and on the back of this thread, I might give it a go one day. Maybe.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Feels like Tiley is a prime example of the first team out growing some of our youth team. He's always looked a decent player when I've seen him play but you'd be surprised if he was Premier League class. Had we been in the Championship still he might have a hope of breaking through one day but as it stands we have moved on a bit. Might be time to cut him loose.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Feels like Tiley is a prime example of the first team out growing some of our youth team. He's always looked a decent player when I've seen him play but you'd be surprised if he was Premier League class. Had we been in the Championship still he might have a hope of breaking through one day but as it stands we have moved on a bit. Might be time to cut him loose.

Indeed. I think sending him on loan to Yeovil sends out a bit of a message, if he had any hope of making the first team squad in the forseeable future he would be loaned out to an EFL club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here