Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving Kompany a Standing Ovation

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Their fans did the same for Bruno. Both players were playing their last games for their clubs after many years of service. Where's the problem?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Same reason as so many applauded Gerrard when, after a lengthy layoff, he made a comeback as a sub for Liverpool at the Amex.

There are plenty of Albion season ticket holders who are Premier League/football fans rather than Brighton fans....imo

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I clapped him, superb player who may be hanging up his boots. I am a football fan and see no issue with clapping and appreciating players from other teams if it is well deserved. Citeh fans clapped Bruno too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Their fans did the same for Bruno. Both players were playing their last games for their clubs after many years of service. Where's the problem?
Exactly. I didn't stand (can't remember if I clapped or not), but no problem that others did.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was pretty enraged by that. I didn't see City fans giving Bruno an ovation but I'd have preferred had we recognised that we had been outclassed by kompany's team and he was the enemy. All I was feeling was bitter disappointment that we'd capitulated or rather been shown up so badly on the last day of the season.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

This. He's been a very good player for Citeh and an appreciation for his skills and loyalty to his team.

Nothing wrong with it imo

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Probably because he's a quality player who has achieved a lot at the highest level.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Same reason as so many applauded Gerrard when, after a lengthy layoff, he made a comeback as a sub for Liverpool at the Amex.

There are plenty of Albion season ticket holders who are Premier League/football fans rather than Brighton fans....imo

Very true.

But on NSC, it’s a fate worse than death to admit it, so anyone with that background never, ever comes clean.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

And a lot of us who are both.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I was pretty enraged by that. I didn't see City fans giving Bruno an ovation but I'd have preferred had we recognised that we had been outclassed by kompany's team and he was the enemy. All I was feeling was bitter disappointment that we'd capitulated or rather been shown up so badly on the last day of the season.

Where were you looking? Their team and fans applauded Bruno to a man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bought him a birthday cake.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And a lot of us who are both.

I get both sides, those who chose to applaud and those who didn’t. I wasn’t there but I think, if I had been, I’d have been more in the pissed off at the 2nd half capitulation camp and would not have clapped him. They had enough fans there not to need my applause as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Blimey. I reckon virtually every single City fan applauded at length when Bruno was making his way off. Not sure how you could have missed it. Fair play to them. Pretty sure this directly impacted most of us giving Kompany a decent send off.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] :tantrum:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here