Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton supporters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The first half was a tactic thundecunt by Hughton.

His tactics are so ****ing tedious and anyone who says different hasn't been to any away game for 2 seasons. He needs to go.

Next week is pointless us going for anything other than win but he wont.

We are rightly now most hated side in the PL

There's some posters on here that are happy to watch pathetic ******* bollocks week in week out, probably the same idiots who clap when the team has been utter shite.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ask any Fulham fan how they play. They push fullbacks forward, attempt risky balls forward and move the ball forward fast (often resulting in mistakes). That's to the detriment of their defensive shape, regardless to who's playing each week. Their manager decided the best way forward was to change the defencive line-up weekly, not the tactics. It was the tactics that contributed to their defensive downfall. I've only seen them play twice this season, but I've gathered this general concenus from those two games and various highlight programs. It was fairly clear IMO

The point is, if Brighton play a more expansive game, they'd lose shape. Are the likes of Stephens, Murray, Locadia, Knockaert, March and Bruno capable of bombing on at every opportunity? Can they control the game for long periods of play? Do the wingers have confidence to take fullbacks on? Can the midfielders play searching balls forward at will? Are they quick enough to track back after loosing procession? Do they have enough gile to outplay quality opposition? Brighton don't have the personal to pull off what so many on here want AND win games of football.

Bernado, Bissouma (and March) are.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You learn by your mistakes. I don’t believe Hughton is one of them. There’s enough raw data on what has gone wrong at the end of this season and what needs to be done to remedy it. I don’t believe changing the manager is one of them. This is just a personal opinion, so please treat it as such.

I totally agree.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m a big Hughton supporter, wanted him before Hyypia, delighted we got him and still think he is the man to lead us

However, today my confidence in him took a dent.

What on earth were the tactics in the first half, Gross out wide?? I mean WTF, even Bruno couldn’t make him look good

Then he rotated with Andone and it looked ever so marginally better, but still dire.

The good news is he reacted at half-time and whilst it was an improvement, the manager simply does not have the offensive tools at his disposal.

We can debate Locadia (who surely must start instead of Murray) and AJ until we’re blue in the face, but neither are good enough, and that goes for Murray and Izquierdo as well. I’m not even sure about Andone any more.

The recruitment needs to be sorted in the Summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He is a crap manager and pundit but how is he wrong about this? We’re abysmal and going to finish with a points total that a lot of seasons would have seen us relegated but will probably be saved by three other dreadful sides. We have stunk the premier league out this season and do deserve to go down really.

The table doesn't lie. We've been below par but Cardiff are 4 points and a shit load of goals behind us and THEY deserve to go down.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The wage ceiling needs to be lifted a tad if we want any chance of staying up next season ( if we survive this one of course). Need to attract a better class of PL ready players and not those like we have that seem they will never make it

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Wrong, you don’t need any skill to show passion, in the first half nobody apart from Ryan looked as if they REALLY cared. They probably did but chose to hide. Totally unacceptable

I think a manager with just a little bit of attacking intent before we go a goal down could get more out of these players

I don't get you, in the first half they didn't play, in the second half they did, was that not their choice? Why didn't they play in the first half....Aren't they paid to play both halves?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Well in answer to the original question.

Unless Cardiff win their last 2 games.

For the third year in a row he will have earned the club close to £150 million quid by taking Brighton to and keeping them in PL

We are going backwards, we play horrible football and don't spend the enormous transfer budget very well.

I would prefer to go down fighting with a new manager, than suffer the ingminy doing so playing such a negative style. But it aint my money.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We’ll be lucky to get 15 points next season if nothing changes.
Your have your default for change. I have mine. I no longer wish to converse with you because you want Brighton to fail if it means CH fails . That was obvious when you dived in after the loss to Cardiff hoping that was the end. Now that Brighton might stay up you are now already "courting" failure next season. Why can't you just hope the club moves on next year rather than wait and hope to fail to achieve "you agenda" ?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
People who support Hughton at this point are basically just doing it to make themselves feel smart. They probably think they "see the bigger picture" and aren't reactionaries who ask for manager's head because of a little rough patch.

Nobody is expecting Brighton to be fighting for the Title, but it's clear from how Brighton has played this season that Chris Hughton has set this team up to have 0 confidence and basically play to not lose. There's no attempt to win, It's been damage control all season. You'll never succeed with that mentality.

I've made this analogy before, but Chris Hughton's tactics are basically North Korea in the 2010 World cup.

Patronising post of the year contender right there. People who support Hughton do so for their reasons, not because someone with a North Korea World Cup analogy writes the narrative for their reasons for them.

Phoenix011

Nov 28, 2018
I support Hughton because he has gotten us promoted to the Premier League, kept us in it for 1 season (likely 2 now) and has reached an FA Cup semi-final. His accomplishments put him as one of, if not the greatest manager in the history of the club, i dont care how we play and i have faith in Hughton that he can lift the club.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Your have your default for change. I have mine. I no longer wish to converse with you because you want Brighton to fail if it means CH fails . That was obvious when you dived in after the loss to Cardiff hoping that was the end. Now that Brighton might stay up you are now already "courting" failure next season. Why can't you just hope the club moves on next year rather than wait and hope to fail to achieve "you agenda" ?

You have lost me there I’m afraid. I have supported this club for over 40 years and only want what is best for it. Unlike you I supported it before CH arrived and will do so when he is gone. There is no reason why we shouldn’t compete with similar sized clubs such as Leicester, Burnley etc but I don’t think we will do so all the time we have the attitude from the manager that everyone is better than us and simply try and play to contain the opposition (none too successfully recently).

We have won 9 points in 2019. Something has to change.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What an atrocious argument you’ve made there. Go buy yourself a copy of critical thinking for dummies. Jesus wept..
What the **** are you talking about? I didn't even make an argument, I just asked you a question.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You have lost me there I’m afraid. I have supported this club for over 40 years and only want what is best for it. Unlike you I supported it before CH arrived and will do so when he is gone. There is no reason why we shouldn’t compete with similar sized clubs such as Leicester, Burnley etc but I don’t think we will do so all the time we have the attitude from the manager that everyone is better than us and simply try and play to contain the opposition (none too successfully recently).

We have won 9 points in 2019. Something has to change.

Leicester is a really bad comparison .... take a proper look at their total wages spend, fees spend and the huge individual wages paid to certain players. The billionaire owner pumps huge sums into that, after receiving a freebee stadium.

We could only get to that level with a substantial increase in club income.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Explain to me why we should continue to back him?

IMHO because, despite having one of the smallest budgets in the division, we have not been in the relegation zone for 2 years.
We have been one of the 3 favourites for relegation in each of our 2 PL seasons yet, literally against the odds, CH kept us up last year (and hopefully this).
Might not always be pretty but he is very good at getting a team organised.
After all he has achieved for us since he was appointed I believe he deserves to still be out manager next year.
I also think he has been very unlucky with injuries this year with our 2 most creative players (Gross and Jose) missing large parts of the season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I support Hughton because he has gotten us promoted to the Premier League, kept us in it for 1 season (likely 2 now) and has reached an FA Cup semi-final. His accomplishments put him as one of, if not the greatest manager in the history of the club, i dont care how we play and i have faith in Hughton that he can lift the club.

You're delusional, don't care how we play. FFS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here