Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd fans losing season tickets for passing on their Brighton tickets

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apparently, MUFC staff were checking ID against tickets on Sunday. It seems 16 people have been given three year bans for passing on their tickets.

https://twitter.com/FSF_FairCop/status/1032705102996492294

[tweet]1032705102996492294[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/crackers2205/status/1032706764549107712

[tweet]1032706764549107712[/tweet]

[tweet]1032714626788745216[/tweet]

This is the best reply in response to the 3 year ban one has been given....

e4874a8565ae870154fd176521057876.png

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Do United have ANY right or jurisdiction to do this? Couldn't the fans have simply ignored them and gone to the entrance anyway?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So if I were a manure st holder and pased my ticket on to my son I'd get a 3 year ban? Bollocks to that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do United have ANY right or jurisdiction to do this? Couldn't the fans have simply ignored them and gone to the entrance anyway?

Paul Barber has mentioned Brighton doing the same for our fans ie checking ID against tickets.

I don't know where the Man U staff were, maybe inside the barrier? Some clubs are bringing their own stewards with them now.

The caseworker for the FSF has said the appeal is unsuccessful, so not a lot can be done. The last tweet shows that some tickets were being sold on Facebook.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There a difference between giving your mate a ticket if you can’t go and putting it up for auction/lottery. Quite how that is policed I have no idea, other than stop unofficial transfers happening altogether. So if there is an infrastructure in place to facilitate exchanges then happy days.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

I may be wrong but isn't that different? The Argus articles seem to be about touting - i.e. selling your ticket; whereas what Man Utd seem to have done is stop you passing it on, even if no money has changed hands ??

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Considering how hard it is to get United away tickets, and how many are on the list trying to get tickets, what’s the problem? If you’re lucky enough to be entitled to a ticket then use it, if you’re not so entitled, then tough shit, life isn’t always fair. If for some bizarre reason you are successful in their ballot to get a ticket for an away game then ‘suddenly’ find you can’t go, sell your ticket back to the club, they’ll be able to sell it on to another deserving fan.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Probably done in partnership with BHA who would then deny entry to any fan refusing to show ID. Utter boxxocks and football is eating itself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I may be wrong but isn't that different? The Argus articles seem to be about touting - i.e. selling your ticket; whereas what Man Utd seem to have done is stop you passing it on, even if no money has changed hands ??

The last tweet on my op, shows a ticket advertised on Facebook, so that is touting, not passing it on to a mate or relative.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I should have been more specific. AFAIK, we haven’t checked ticket holders ID against the name on the ticket at away games...though Barber did threaten it.

There were Albion stewards at Watford, just showing people to their seats, in a kinda theatre styleee :wink:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Paul Barber has mentioned Brighton doing the same for our fans ie checking ID against tickets.

I don't know where the Man U staff were, maybe inside the barrier? Some clubs are bringing their own stewards with them now.

The caseworker for the FSF has said the appeal is unsuccessful, so not a lot can be done. The last tweet shows that some tickets were being sold on Facebook.
I have seen BHA stewards at our away games, and it was CPFC2010 stewards that let in the CPUltras and their whizz bangs, so yes other clubs and ours bring their own stewards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here