Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The club like to have a media release package ready, particularly with a landmark signing.

Could just be that and a 6pm release.

If it's something else then our luck continues as per norm re. strikers.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't pretend to know enough about Maupay, to judge whether this is a great signing. What I do know, because I have EYES, is that Murray, Locadia and Andone does absolutely not give us enough options or quality, to be confident of our chances of scoring enough goals to stay up.

agreed with your point about the current strike force not being strong enough to get us the goals to stay in the Prem and it's only wise to judge him once we've actually seen enough of him but... I know youtube highlights can be very misleading but just take a look at his distribution on this youtube video:

I'm afriad i'm going to be very naive on this one and confirm this looks like a potentially great signing.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
When we desperately needs a striker with only half a week of the window left? Absolutely no way. A lot of people on here seem to forget that both Bloom and Benham are professional businessmen. This isn't some fun and game charade. At least it shouldn't be

Really !!?? These 2 are professional gamblers - its who will blink first if its the money we're talking abouit.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Brentford look like they're about to announce the signing of another player (possibly the striker replacement). It might be that they were waiting for this one to go through before allowing us to announce Maupay as a Brighton player.

[Tweet] 1158403653469913090 [/Tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really !!?? These 2 are professional gamblers - its who will blink first if its the money we're talking abouit.
There's no blinking involved, they'd already agreed a fee. I'd be very disappointed in Tony if it was all a wind-up (but it won't have been, he's not a ****ing child), and if Benham agreed a deal with Brighton, to later cancel it in order to annoy an old colleague, he's going to have a seriously ****ing unhappy player on his hands.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Has anyone mentioned the Adam Devlin tweet?

Forget that just seen it was reposted from a day ago.... <slinks off to delete his twitter account.>

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Brentford look like they're about to announce the signing of another player (possibly the striker replacement). It might be that they were waiting for this one to go through before allowing us to announce Maupay as a Brighton player.

[Tweet] 1158403653469913090 [/Tweet]

There is every chance that part of the deal was that Brentford have to announce their replacement first. My money is on an 18.00 announcement for ours. (And that's the most posititivity I can muster!).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do keep up Geoff - personal terms were done at 9-30 am YESTERDAY!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
There is every chance that part of the deal was that Brentford have to announce their replacement first. My money is on an 18.00 announcement for ours. (And that's the most posititivity I can muster!).

Yep, pretty much my thoughts. The only concern is that you'd think the club would be giving signals about an imminent announcement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here