Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youssef En-Nesyri

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't quite get why the Maupay signing would scupper this one. Looks to me like Maupay is teh same sort of striker as Andone, meaning that unless we trust in Hemed we still need a more physical striker to come in to battle/rotate and ultimately replace Murray.

For me, we could do with signing both. That gives us a proper rotation of our options.

You're 100% right it's just the financial aspect.

Singing both makes for another £60m+ window.
Plus the thought of the club signing 2 out and out strikers in the same window is somewhat pearl clutching.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Plus the thought of the club signing 2 out and out strikers in the same window is somewhat pearl clutching.

A thought that would send my mojo through the roof, a thought that would have me believing we might even take some points off top six clubs

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't quite get why the Maupay signing would scupper this one. Looks to me like Maupay is teh same sort of striker as Andone, meaning that unless we trust in Hemed we still need a more physical striker to come in to battle/rotate and ultimately replace Murray.

For me, we could do with signing both. That gives us a proper rotation of our options.

Agrred.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Could this guy possibly play that Locadia role? Maybe won’t be our out and out striker like Maupay?

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
I don’t know what to read into it, but Moroccan Joe has deleted his recent cryptic tweets regarding unhappiness at the Cucumbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don’t know what to read into it, but Moroccan Joe has deleted his recent cryptic tweets regarding unhappiness at the Cucumbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He loves cucumbers again... or he is trying to rebuild rapport with them to facilitate his exit?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

We've already spent 40m or so on Webster, Trossard and Clarke. Signing both Maupay and this guy would take it up to 80m+

It would also leave us with an abundance of attacking options. Five strikers plus Trossard, Ali J, Izquierdo, Gross and March (if Potter wants to use him there).

And Bissouma rampaging from midfield.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We've already spent 40m or so on Webster, Trossard and Clarke. Signing both Maupay and this guy would take it up to 80m+

It would also leave us with an abundance of attacking options. Five strikers plus Trossard, Ali J, Izquierdo, Gross and March (if Potter wants to use him there).

And Bissouma rampaging from midfield.

This I like! I am very much hoping his talent will shine in the premier league this season.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Leganes might be getting a little nervous about our approach for Maupay. By all accounts, we're the only Premier League side in for him.
Translates as: "The Brighton is negotiating the hiring of Neal Maupay forward of the Brentford of the Second Division of England. The amount of the transfer is around 20M. Let's see if it clarifies the situation of En-Nesyri."

[Tweet] 1158321650821193734 [/Tweet]

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
[Tweet] 1158349548630237184 [/Tweet]

Rejected our terms according to this.

The text to the article translates as follows:

"Youssef En-Nesyri, 22-year-old Moroccan international striker from Leganés, has decided to say no to the Premier League and reject the offer that the English Brighton had offered him. The British moved to Butarque a week ago an offer of 20 million euros in a single payment that the Lega did not see with bad eyes after rejecting the two previous proposals: one of 15 million in a single payment and another of 20 in two different payments .

Despite the attractiveness of the proposal for Lega and for the battering ram, the club has moved into conversations with the player in recent days to show his desire to continue and to make him understand his importance in the project. The dialogue has worked. In Nesyri he believes that it is better to continue in Leganés than to go to Brighton. It looks more important here than there. His march to the Islands this summer is ruled out unless he tries to surprise Brighton himself, who does not seem to be trying to make new efforts for En Nesyri. The English are already looking for alternatives. Thursday will close the market in the English league"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here