Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... Muzza is another season older...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If others do his running for him and he gets support I think he may score even more this season. Big part if he stays fit imo, regardless of who we bring in.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Everyone agrees there are gaps in the squad and we need to strengthen. Well nearly everyone and I’m one of them .

But OP was arguing we need to make as many signings as Villa, or: replace half the squad. In one window. Do you think that then ?

Fair point
Three more signings maximum.RB/RWB,a really good midfielder and striler.
I hope we get them!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hmmm... Muzza is another season older...

That too........worried that he might be even more exposed this season TBH, but at least he'll hopefully have stripy shirts within a few yards and not be the only player in the oppo half

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That was t your point - we can all accept we need to strengthen and Potter has a tough job on his hands- it was we need to make as many signings as Villa . Ie replace half the squad.

But apologies if you were just exaggerating wildly to make what is a sensible point and I was whooshed.
:) We don’t need to do a Villa who IMO have made a mess of it they can’t have all be loans in the championship not that I pay much attention to Villa. I’m surprised we haven’t got signings for the positions needed in earlier though. Third season in the PL and our limit still seems to be around the £15m figure can’t see how we are to make any progressive moves. We have just gambled £15m on Trossard hoping he will be more effective than AK who I thought as a ball carrying player would of suited GP football :shrug:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
:) We don’t need to do a Villa who IMO have made a mess of it they can’t have all be loans in the championship not that I pay much attention to Villa. I’m surprised we haven’t got signings for the positions needed in earlier though. Third season in the PL and our limit still seems to be around the £15m figure can’t see how we are to make any progressive moves. We have just gambled £15m on Trossard hoping he will be more effective than AK who I thought as a ball carrying player would of suited GP football :shrug:

Surely part of the reason that we haven't done all of our business earlier was because our new manager needed to get to assess the squad properly and see what it was that he really needed for his system to be effective. Then the recruitment team would have needed to work with him to identify the correct targets within budget and that is even before any negotiations begin. None of this was going to happen overnight.

The reason AK went is clearly because Potter didn't rate him and/ or he didn't fit in to the way that he wanted to play, otherwise he would still be here!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

doubt that transfer fee record is going to last for much longer...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
C/M . Forward. Right back or the lad from Bristol city who can play right or left back and midfield aswell.

18 games at right back - the highest level of which were 3 games in League 1.

( Balogun has played right back 31 times in the Bundesliga, so perhaps more qualified for 2nd choice RB ? ).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Surely part of the reason that we haven't done all of our business earlier was because our new manager needed to get to assess the squad properly and see what it was that he really needed for his system to be effective. Then the recruitment team would have needed to work with him to identify the correct targets within budget and that is even before any negotiations begin. None of this was going to happen overnight.

The reason AK went is clearly because Potter didn't rate him and/ or he didn't fit in to the way that he wanted to play, otherwise he would still be here!

Nope, it is not clear and I do not think those are the reasons.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
doubt that transfer fee record is going to last for much longer...

Going to busted at least twice in the next week I think

Maupay or En-Nesyri (can't see us signing both but we're clearly in the market for a £20m striker - think it's either/or) and Webster looking most likely ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That too........worried that he might be even more exposed this season TBH, but at least he'll hopefully have stripy shirts within a few yards and not be the only player in the oppo half

My worry if Murray is starting regularly, is when I bump into [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] East Lower pre-match, he's going to be about as cheery and happy as a Momentum activist at a Boris Johnson cocktail party.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My worry if Murray is starting regularly, is when I bump into [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] East Lower pre-match, he's going to be about as cheery and happy as a Momentum activist at a Boris Johnson cocktail party.

Now now you know I play nice in public.

Chances are I'll have money on Murray offside +4.
There's the distinct possibility I'll be the only happy camper at the end of the game. :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Now now you know I play nice in public.

Chances are I'll have money on Murray offside +4.
There's the distinct possibility I'll be the only happy camper at the end of the game. :lol:

Who is giving you anything for Murray offside +4, be lucky to get your stake back. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who is giving you anything for Murray offside +4, be lucky to get your stake back. :lolol:

Last season it was 25/1 with Skybet. :ohmy:

I only noticed at the dog end of the season, when nobody could be bothered.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I know a couple of Brighton season ticket holders who say he's shitehouse

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Part of the reason we haven't done all of our business earlier is because the selling clubs have to make up their mind to do it as well, whether it's about making sure they have cover if X leaves, or whether it is just about trying to maximise the profit, which you can't blame them for...…… Just as we would if Mr Dunk were to be on his way...…. which I don't think he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here