Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
The Tories have set a wage limit of 30K a year so no nurses, care workers, fruit pickers or farm workers which are what is really needed.
The Home Office is making a complete pigs ear of Settled status for those who are already here (I've read just such a case today) and have been for decades.
life's grim for you isn't it ?
regards
DR

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We are isolating ourselves. Canada spent seven years negotiating terms with the EU, and all is well.
We want to leave the EU and make a deal with Canada.
Canada despite being part of the Commonwealth and a close ally in NATO, has said, no we will not roll over the trade terms with you.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-trade-chief-liam-fox-17375104

That’s a completely different thing, you’ve actually proved the dumb ****erty of what you’ve said in your own post. No we are not ‘isolating’ ourselves. Trade deals take time but we haven’t elected a despot, angered the international community of which Europe is a part of but a minority. It’s a hogwash what you’re saying. Isolation is a stupid word used by stupid people in Brexit terms. We will continue to trade with Europe and the ROW whatever deal is struck. Drama queens like you will continue to use over emotive terms like isolation but sensible people like me will continue to retort.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry - I do realise I'm not:

A Tory MP with a posh English accent
A Brexit Backer
Ex-Public School
A believer in Britian
A believer in technological solutions that don't exist anywhere else in the world for borders
Someone who ran their own business, who knows that in a negotiation you have to be prepared to walk way, so that's why no deal - absolutely - has to be left on the table which would qualify me to lead the biggest set of diplomatic negotiations undertaken by this country since the 1940s, as would going to Eton College.
Who had a Daddy/Papa who used to run and have a little place in Africa called Kenya pronounced Keen-Ya.

Apologies again, I'll try to know my place and remember that it's all just project fear, political correctness gone mad and virtue signaling by leftie, snowflake, Guardian reading, remoaner, social justice warrior, experts who need to realise, just like Johnny Foreigner does in Brussels, that we hold all the aces and beat them in World War 2 and had an empire upon which the sun never set.

Wtf? You are a blithering idiot though, going by that post! Definitely been out in the sun...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That’s a completely different thing, you’ve actually proved the dumb ****erty of what you’ve said in your own post. No we are not ‘isolating’ ourselves. Trade deals take time but we haven’t elected a despot, angered the international community of which Europe is a part of but a minority. It’s a hogwash what you’re saying. Isolation is a stupid word used by stupid people in Brexit terms. We will continue to trade with Europe and the ROW whatever deal is struck. Drama queens like you will continue to use over emotive terms like isolation but sensible people like me will continue to retort.

Oh dear, that really triggered you.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1147196990117175297[/TWEET]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
we haven’t...angered the international community of which Europe is a part of but a minority

You might want to check the international reaction to the prospect of Britain crashing out with No Deal and in doing so violating the Good Friday Agreement. Which, as I'm sure you're aware, is an international treaty ratified not just by the UK and Irish Parliaments but the EU and the US.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I`m surprised at that view ,i thought they would vote on what was in TM`s deal and that includes Lib Dem`s and others and what form of Brexit they wanted .If they vote against the Government for the sake of it can`t see how anything will be agreed .

Usually, the Government is the government because it has a majority in the house of commons, if all the members of the party in Government vote with the government, they cannot be beaten. However, at this time the Tories do not have an overall majority, they are governing with a minority Government.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
you're making far to many assumptions, look at the broader picture , some EU migrants have made a go of it others have turned up for a fast buck , the " good times" are coming to an end , hopefully we'll be inviting the people we really need in the future rather than the roll up at the coach station mob ?
regards
DR

You have lived your entire adult life on benefits. You’re in no position to judge who this country needs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Brexit was all about immigration IMO also the pace of it in the Blair years .The ones from Eastern Europe work very hard everyone knows .Blair made the mistake of thinking it was only going to be 13,000 yearly ,then the other EU Countries said they were going hold back for a few years so it was only UK ,Ireland and Sweden that took the most people .It was the speed of it that affected people`s views IMO.

Well I'm glad you came out and admitted that 'Brexit was all about immigration' because it seems the rest of your leave friends have spent the last 3 years claiming that is not the case.

It's almost as if you can't agree what Brexit is about :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So why do you think that over 20 WTO members have objected to our proposed schedules (including USA, Russia, Australia, New Zealand etc, etc) and stopped our WTO negotiations?

Maybe they haven't realised that we are ready to 'trade with the world'. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I reckon we are where we are because Parliament is mainly Remain biased ,which suits a Remain voter of coarse . Another poster said the EU is devisive i think that is true for the UK . Brexit was mainly a protest vote about immigration IMO,so that might explain why there is no thoughts of the type of Brexit other then control of immigration . Would it not be better if we came out of the EU with a deal because no one i doubt wanted no deal and if we found out it was a mistake over time we could rejoin as we are told it is easy to leave it must be easy to rejoin .In that way the country would be mostly united because the proof is in the pudding as they say.

It's been said so many times but the rebellion that stopped May getting her deal through wasn't Remainer-based.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I reckon we are where we are because Parliament is mainly Remain biased ,which suits a Remain voter of coarse . Another poster said the EU is devisive i think that is true for the UK . Brexit was mainly a protest vote about immigration IMO,so that might explain why there is no thoughts of the type of Brexit other then control of immigration . Would it not be better if we came out of the EU with a deal because no one i doubt wanted no deal and if we found out it was a mistake over time we could rejoin as we are told it is easy to leave it must be easy to rejoin .In that way the country would be mostly united because the proof is in the pudding as they say.

I'm sorry but we are where we are because of what you voted.

You were told what would happen but you went ahead, ignored what you were told, stuck your fingers in your ears shouting 'project fear' and did it.

Every last excuse has been hung out to dry (Easiest deal, they need us, they'll blink first etc etc).

The last desperate act, it's because we didn't have a Brexit PM. You voted for this whole Johnson/Hunt clusterf*** and you've now got what were told you would get.

Enjoy your victory or if you can't do that, at the very least, try and be mature enough to take responsibility for what you have done :facepalm:

Last edited:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
you're making far to many assumptions, look at the broader picture , some EU migrants have made a go of it others have turned up for a fast buck , the " good times" are coming to an end , hopefully we'll be inviting the people we really need in the future rather than the roll up at the coach station mob ?
regards
DR

Clamp down on your benefits

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So why do you think that over 20 WTO members have objected to our schedules (including USA, Russia, Australia, New Zealand etc, etc) and stopped our WTO negotiations?

Maybe they haven't realised that we are ready to 'trade with the world'. :facepalm:

Or maybe that’s how negotiating goes **** wit. You and a number of other idiots believe that Britain
Shall forever not trade with any other nation because we left the EU. Simply not going to happen.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Well I'm glad you came out and admitted that 'Brexit was all about immigration' because it seems the rest of your leave friends have spent the last 3 years claiming that is not the case.

It's almost as if you can't agree what Brexit is about :facepalm:

I can only speak for myself ,its just my opinion it was about immigration .I said ages ago i did not want the UK overpopulated on this thread ,they are just going to wreck the countryside with new housing and roads ,its going to happen anyway ,we are on 65 million at the moment might be wrong ,we are just a small island .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can only speak for myself ,its just my opinion it was about immigration .I said ages ago i did not want the UK overpopulated on this thread ,they are just going to wreck the countryside with new housing and roads ,its going to happen anyway ,we are on 65 million at the moment might be wrong ,we are just a small island .

Just under 6% of our land is actually built on. It is a common problem that people exaggerate the amount of room this island has.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41901294

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Or maybe that’s how negotiating goes **** wit. You and a number of other idiots believe that Britain
Shall forever not trade with any other nation because we left the EU. Simply not going to happen.

Obviously there is no arguing with that level of expertise and detail when it comes to international trade :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here