Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm going to laugh quite a lot when the cuck party get voted into oblivion.

I don't have much of a view on most of them but the quicker that awful Soubry is removed as an MP the better.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You truly are one of this boards most unpleasant characters. I can see why you get so much stick on here.
Vile poster.
Oh FFS, you do like to ramp up the deflection nonsense after you've been owned. He's absolutely right and I don't see why you're lying about it.

Onto Brexit. Does anyone see this six month extension making a blind bit of difference? I don't, because it feels that nobody is incentivised to move on their positions. It seems to me that the obvious solution is for a soft Brexit because that is the only thing that can be agreed. A full-on no deal has no mandate whatsoever and repealing article 50 is undemocratic.

I wish our MPs would just get on with putting together the obvious fudge.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Have you seen the Swiss are re running a referendum? The courts decided the people did not have all the information and therefore it was not a free and fair referendum.

Many on here would say that’s profoundly undemocratic.

You see, for leavers who are scared to death of a confirmatory vote that will define what type of Brexit we want; they view the first vote as a referee decision that can’t be changed after the match. Yes we were lied too. Yes the leave campaign was fraudulent. Yes we didn’t hear about some critical issues like the Northern Ireland border and being in breach of the good Friday agreement. Yes, almost all educated folk now agree the whole process is a disaster. But leave means leave to a lot of simple & honest folk, they simply won’t understand the rational behind the Swiss vote you mention.

They can do this sort of thing in Europe because their democratic voting systems are by in large, more advanced than ours. First past the post is as basic and simple as the phrase ‘leave means leave’ and those that utter it. It’s time we changed the election system because we get the awful politics that system produces. We always have.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Have you seen the Swiss are re running a referendum? The courts decided the people did not have all the information and therefore it was not a free and fair referendum.

SW1.JPG
SW2.JPG
SW3.JPG

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I post as one user. Always have and always will. Used to post under Nibble , now I post under The Clamp. I was posting on here before you were even thought of so please refrain from bringing me into your squabbles. Thank you so much :)

Clearly a ringer (one of many). No idea why this site allows numerous accounts to promote certain agendas. Cowardly sums it up.

Oh come along don't be shy, have the courage of your convictions, what are your alternate account names (Nibble/Clamp)?

Well, we both know that's not true. You were banned on one thread under one account name then started posting under your other account name. You also lied about having an alterante account but as you are prone to doing a Liam Neeson parody 'I will find you' etc probably best to leave it there :p

Always worth checking these things from time to time and there is absolutely no evidence at all that The Clamp and Lever are the same person. Again, if you feel the board is being used unfairly all you have to do is report the post.

Even if they were the same, which they are not, I very much doubt Theresa May is looking at NSC and thinking to herself "you know what, there are now just so many Remain posters on this board that I'm going to cancel Brexit forthwith. Get me Junker on the phone".

It would therefore do your cause a lot more good to stick to reasonable debating and answering questions put to you. But if the pair of you - yes Clamp as well - trade insults on here like that again you can both have some thread time out.

Play nicely.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Oh FFS, you do like to ramp up the deflection nonsense after you've been owned. He's absolutely right and I don't see why you're lying about it.

Onto Brexit. Does anyone see this six month extension making a blind bit of difference? I don't, because it feels that nobody is incentivised to move on their positions. It seems to me that the obvious solution is for a soft Brexit because that is the only thing that can be agreed. A full-on no deal has no mandate whatsoever and repealing article 50 is undemocratic.

I wish our MPs would just get on with putting together the obvious fudge.

Observation: one man's fudge is another man's noble compromise. I guess it adds up to the same thing.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Always worth checking these things from time to time and there is absolutely no evidence at all that The Clamp and Lever are the same person. Again, if you feel the board is being used unfairly all you have to do is report the post.

Even if they were the same, which they are not, I very much doubt Theresa May is looking at NSC and thinking to herself "you know what, there are now just so many Remain posters on this board that I'm going to cancel Brexit forthwith. Get me Junker on the phone".

It would therefore do your cause a lot more good to stick to reasonable debating and answering questions put to you. But if the pair of you - yes Clamp as well - trade insults on here like that again you can both have some thread time out.

Play nicely.

I think they bring out the worst in each other.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I am interested in your opinion. How did you come to that conclusion? This is my forum name... the usual and only. Is that the same for you? Is asking a question of someone with different views 'bullying'? Please explain.....

Oh and I have posted on other threads. This thread is most important to me at the moment though FYO.

I was bored while having breakfast so I thought I'd check your claim about other threads ..... you are indeed correct although only 24 of your posts are non-Brexit related - hardly a stunning figure. Which leads me to think [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] is correct, you have, or have had, another account. So come on, who else have you been on here ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Play nicely.

Really ? You're suggesting a ban for that ?? You've lost your marbles.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Play nicely.

I was bored while having breakfast so I thought I'd check your claim about other threads ..... you are indeed correct although only 24 of your posts are non-Brexit related - hardly a stunning figure. Which leads me to think [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] is correct, you have, or have had, another account. So come on, who else have you been on here ?

Your question has already been answered.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I'm suggesting a temporary thread ban. They get handed out when people derail the point of a thread and are subsequently reinstated when they've calmed down. They happen all the time and repeated personal insults are the main reason for them. I'm not suggesting it for the accusation of TC having two accounts, which is WRONG (and I can prove it). I'm suggesting it for the handbags after. Even by the standards of this shitfest of a thread, ignoring a reasonable question to play the man is not on.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I got banned for a couple of days for calling Simplester a tosser when he called me much worse! Who ever the mod was done it sneakerly though as it wasn't reported on the infraction list, ****ing power hungry pleb.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Your question has already been answered.

No it hasn't - GB has only confirmed Lever isn't The Clamp ( and I kind of guessed that anyway from their difference in posting style - and Clamp has a personality ).

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I'm suggesting a temporary thread ban. They get handed out when people derail the point of a thread and are subsequently reinstated when they've calmed down. They happen all the time and repeated personal insults are the main reason for them. I'm not suggesting it for the accusation of TC having two accounts, which is WRONG (and I can prove it). I'm suggesting it for the handbags after. Even by the standards of this shitfest of a thread, ignoring a reasonable question to play the man is not on.

Fair enough - that's your call as a mod. BUT JCFG has had an awful lot more thrown at him than he throws back and remainers constantly play him ( and Pasta for that matter ) rather than the point and I don't see a mod stepping in then. Not that I think JCFG gives a toss anyway.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I agree, but that has no influence upon my wish for independence. The question asked about my preference.

I'm sorry, but the question was whether you wanted Customs Union or Hard Border.

To which you gave the answer about your preference.

Why are you so rude and condescending? You asked a very irrelevant question so I returned an equally irrelevant one. You know very well that issues regarding the Irish border were very low down in most remain and leavers priorities when considering the vote.

My own personal view is that I want an independent England, I would like Northern Irish independence along with Welsh and Scottish. Not a popular view on here with lots of people but never mind. Maybe that answers your question?

I then thanked you for your answer, and pointed out that your preference wasn't going to happen within the Brexit timescales

Thank you for your answer, and I believe I asked an extremely relevant question which you avoided.

I think you seriously underestimate a LOT of people if you think that this issue was low down on most people's priorities. It was highlighted as one of the biggest issues prior to referendum and, 3 years on, remains one of the biggest issues.

Northern Irish independence would certainly answer the question as if they were independent they could decide whether they wanted to be in the EU or not and the border issue would be theirs alone to resolve. Same as [MENTION=3791]Westdean Seagull[/MENTION] and his 'United Ireland'. However, neither of those are going to happen in the next 6 months.

So, if you want to leave in 6 months time and ignoring the United Ireland and NI independence, as they won't happen in the next 6 years,

you still have to decide, Customs Union or Hard Border ?

So, although you very kindly explained your preference in an ideal world, that wasn't the question that was asked.

The question (still outstanding) was do you want a Customs Union or a hard Border ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Just running through this, 30 months of exhaustive efforts to find a Brexit solution that has much in common with the referendum offer does not constitute 'ignoring'

This in spades. If the referendum had shown a majority wanting to leave and it was ignored then (which they could have done, given it was advisory..something that often seems to be forgotten) then yes, they could claim to be ignored.

If you have an appliance in your house and it isn't working, do you persevere with it, or do you fix it, or replace it so it works?

Anyone claiming that the leavers have been ignored is...quite honestly, a flipping moron.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I'm sorry, but the question was whether you wanted Customs Union or Hard Border.

To which you gave the answer about your preference.

I then thanked you for your answer, and pointed out that your preference wasn't going to happen within the Brexit timescales

So, although you very kindly explained your preference in an ideal world, that wasn't the question that was asked.

The question (still outstanding) was do you want a Customs Union or a hard Border ?

Still asking that stupid binary question I see .....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here