Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wasn`t on the voting card that question.

Which is precisely the issue.

If we put a poll up on here asking everyone if they wanted us to beat Bournemouth 2-0 on Saturday you can bet pretty much everyone would vote "yes". But if we asked who should score the goals, how and when, you'd get hundreds of different answers. Some would want their favourite player or the one they've got in the fantasy team to score. Some would insist it would be better to score both goals early with others insisting it would be great to snatch a couple of last minute winners. There'd be those who'd like to see a great team goal, an overhead kick, a comedy own goal right in front of the away fans or a Sidwell-like effort from half way.

Therefore you'd go immedaitely from something that was voted for as an ideal but wasn't even guaranteed to something the majority wanted but that no one could agree on how to achieve.

That's 90 minutes of football where the original result in the poll would probably be around 98% - 2% given the odd Palace fan and mischief maker. Now swap that to 52% idealistic votes to 48% voting for the status quo, add in about the same amount of permutations and possibilities as the goal scorers, some massive vested interests and a whole set of laws to rewrite and you've got the current mess.

But you go on blaming "remain MPs" if you want - MPs who were voted in as part of a democratic election held AFTER the referendum.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You said we had all been conned by the Media.
I said that you had been conned. Because you posted a lot of stuff which was incorrect. Wherever you got it from, you were lied to and believed it enough to write it on a public forum. So you were conned.

Jan 30, 2008
Which is precisely the issue.

If we put a poll up on here asking everyone if they wanted us to beat Bournemouth 2-0 on Saturday you can bet pretty much everyone would vote "yes". But if we asked who should score the goals, how and when, you'd get hundreds of different answers. Some would want their favourite player or the one they've got in the fantasy team to score. Some would insist it would be better to score both goals early with others insisting it would be great to snatch a couple of last minute winners. There'd be those who'd like to see a great team goal, an overhead kick, a comedy own goal right in front of the away fans or a Sidwell-like effort from half way.

Therefore you'd go immedaitely from something that was voted for as an ideal but wasn't even guaranteed to something the majority wanted but that no one could agree on how to achieve.

That's 90 minutes of football where the original result in the poll would probably be around 98% - 2% given the odd Palace fan and mischief maker. Now swap that to 52% idealistic votes to 48% voting for the status quo, add in about the same amount of permutations and possibilities as the goal scorers, some massive vested interests and a whole set of laws to rewrite and you've got the current mess.

But you go on blaming "remain MPs" if you want - MPs who were voted in as part of a democratic election held AFTER the referendum.

and FAILING TO RESPECT THEIR CONSTITUENTS REQUESTS...........because they're more important, **** the people who put them there in the first place
regards
DR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
and FAILING TO RESPECT THEIR CONSTITUENTS REQUESTS...........because they're more important, **** the people who put them there in the first place
regards
DR

The election was a different vote to the referendum, covering more issues than just Brexit. The government lost a majorty that would have seen Brexit safely implemented and, instead, saw majorities increased for remain MPs like Peter Kyle and gains for the Customs Union supporting Labour Party.

YOU LOST A WORKING MAJORITY IN A DEMOCRATIC ELECTION. GET OVER IT.

Regards
GB.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
regards
DR

MPs are not delegates.

You know the Lewes constituency was 52% Remain but the MP is a member of the ERG (I don't know if she is one of the 28 quitter today) and has voted against May, for May and abstained. She does what she wants, when she wants.

Jan 30, 2008
The election was a different vote to the referendum, covering more issues than just Brexit. The government lost a majorty that would have seen Brexit safely implemented and, instead, saw majorities increased for remain MPs like Peter Kyle and gains for the Customs Union supporting Labour Party.

Regards
GB.

https://youtu.be/xnEr_sNghTg
regards
DR

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
I said that you had been conned. Because you posted a lot of stuff which was incorrect. Wherever you got it from, you were lied to and believed it enough to write it on a public forum. So you were conned.

I have hardly put any facts and figures on here just my opinion and contesting the Remainers dominating this thread ,who seem to be mainly Labour supporters .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Regards
GB.

Correction, the 2017 Labour Manifesto stated very clearly that Freedom of movement will end when we leave the EU (under a Labour government).

We know that the EU will not allow a Customs Union, without freedom of movement.

So if Labour’s policy in 2017 had been for a Customs Union, the EU would’ve point blank turned it down due to no freedom of movement.

5B1065F7-EB19-4AB4-B7C9-01A982B46BD5.png

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don’t get the harking back to manifestos. No one got a majority in the election so they can all do what they want and say they lost because of the things in their manifesto. Sorted.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Did Canada start negotiating at a point where they were already in total alignment with all rules and regulations? Working back from a set position is an easier process than starting from scratch.

No, it's harder. With Canada the deal starts off with their known areas of difference and they reduce over time, we on the other hand are saying we are going to differ in ways we have not yet decided, how do plan for divergence that has no time frame or limit in it's extent?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I have hardly put any facts and figures on here just my opinion and contesting the Remainers dominating this thread ,who seem to be mainly Labour supporters .
I honestly can't be bothered to trawl back through the mega thread. You carry on.

I don't support Labour, in their current form anyway.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don’t get the harking back to manifestos. No one got a majority in the election so they can all do what they want and say they lost because of the things in their manifesto. Sorted.
Indeed. And no party ever carries through on everything in their manifesto anyway. It NEVER happens. But suddenly that's a thing to a large number of people because....er... Brexit.

It's straw clutching of the lowest order.

"Politicians are liars!" Yes, we all knew that already, have you just realised?

It's embarrassing that the general naivety of the British public has been exposed so blatantly to the rest of the World. More embarrassing than the cluster**** in parliament, and that's saying something.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

AND the rest are Caroline lucas arse lickers:thumbsup:
regards
DR

I am neither Labour nor Green. Trying to stick labels on Remainers is fruitless.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
David Davis claimed we could do deals with individual EU Nations during the campaign while Liam Fox said a free trade deal with the EU would be the easiest in human history

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ign-remain-a8466751.html#explainer-question-1

Vote Leave claimed on Facebook targeted ads, among other bollocks, that we could start improving Yorkshire flood defences with the money we saved. Not trade but nothing to do with taking back control

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-vote-leaves-dark-brexit-ads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know plenty of silly claims on all sides, see half a million more unemployed, Calais camps moved to Kent, an immediate recession that [MENTION=23343]Baldseagull[/MENTION] kept repeating even when the facts showed otherwise, WW3 etc. But your examples don't support Limpzero's claim that the leave campaign said we could have all the benefits of EU membership without any of the obligations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here