Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Saw the footage again last night. Two things stand out:

1. Bong's reaction and insistence with the ref make it pretty clear he was outraged by what he heard.

2. The hand gestures made (pinching nose, wafting hand under nose) end with a very brief gesture towards the mouth. Which may support the claim that the actual comments were about bad breath and just got heard wrong by Bong.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seriously , if one of our players had been accused of racial abuse , why would he not be entitled to our full support ?

Football supporters, and clubs for that matter, are broadly the same.

If the situation were reversed (ie complaint raised, and no result from the FA yet)...

1. Albion fans would be defending our player with "He's not that sort of player - he's never shown that side before."
2. Some Albion players would be defending the player.
3. Chris Hughton would possibly have passed similar comment.

In short, people associated with our Albion would be doing and saying the things people connected with the other Albion are.

If our player was found guilty of racially abusing another player then I would expect all of the above to condemn them. I'm sure most connected with WBA would do likewise if Rodriguez is found guilty.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Football supporters, and clubs for that matter, are broadly the same.

If the situation were reversed (ie complaint raised, and no result from the FA yet)...

1. Albion fans would be defending our player with "He's not that sort of player - he's never shown that side before."
2. Some Albion players would be defending the player.
3. Chris Hughton would possibly have passed similar comment.

In short, people associated with our Albion would be doing and saying the things people connected with the other Albion are.

If our player was found guilty of racially abusing another player then I would expect all of the above to condemn them. I'm sure most connected with WBA would do likewise if Rodriguez is found guilty.
I agree bozza , but i want [MENTION=92]the right footed denilson[/MENTION] to tell me why he is so insistent that one of our players who brings an accusation of racial abuse, is entitled to our full support , yet one of our players who is accused of racial abuse , isnt ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I agree bozza , but i want [MENTION=92]the right footed denilson[/MENTION] to tell me why he is so insistent that one of our players who brings an accusation of racial abuse, is entitled to our full support , yet one of our players who is accused of racial abuse , isnt ?

Are you going to stamp your feet until he does :moo:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ok i'll amend that....to cover what i think most people would think/react

Yes , it does , which is pretty much a given , i am asking [MENTION=92]the right footed denilson[/MENTION] why he differs from what most people think , surely you can see that , if so , why the questions ?

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes , it does , which is pretty much a given , i am asking [MENTION=92]the right footed denilson[/MENTION] why he differs from what most people think , surely you can see that , if so , why the questions ?

It was merely an observation (my first post of this mini convo)...perhaps it could be left there

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Stories like bobby fishers are shocking , its amazing how clearly be remembers it , maybe because it.was so awful , i .ean , knives being passed.through the crowd , black power salutes , just.read the link here http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sp..._Bobby_Fisher_reflects_on_racism_in_football/

Only problem is , the player he names , laurie cunningham, never ever played at the den against millwall, attitudes like yours "no white.person blah , blah " encourage this shit.

Where do you get this information from?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
yes , its.bobby fisher who is quoted !!

Bobby Fisher is only quoted about the black power bit. The author states that Cunningham was selected for the game, alongside Fisher and Heppolette.

Are you saying that's not true? If so, can you show us the line up for that particular game?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Bobby Fisher is only quoted about the black power bit. The author states that Cunningham was selected for the game, alongside Fisher and Heppolette.

Are you saying that's not true? If so, can you show us the line up for that particular game?

my bad cunningham did play , but he never ever scored , funny how tbe author remembers everything so clearly yet gets a vital fact wrong.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
my bad cunningham did play , but he never ever scored , funny how tbe author remembers everything so clearly yet gets a vital fact wrong.

Not sure it's him getting a vital fact wrong really. What is it you're trying to say anyway?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Now I'm confused. Is the author getting some facts from 44 years ago wrong, or Bobby Fisher?

Either way, what has this got to do with the Rodriguez/Bong incident being discussed here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here