Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think people are being very quick to assume Balogun "is not Premier League quality". He might not be as good (consistent) as Dunk is right now, but why can't he become more consistent with more games?

Leon Balogun is THIRTY ONE years old! He isn't a rookie with load of potential to improve. Some of his errors (see WBA away, or the Madagascar goal at the AFCON) are way beyond 'sloppy' and into the realms of shambolic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This. Duffy, Clarke, Balogun and Burn, in my opinion, will not be good enough. Two of them have never kicked a ball in the Premier League, the other loves a mistake. Too much of a burden for Duffy.

I wouldn't get too pissy pants over it.

After all this is The Albion, they could put a shirt on the light blue 'seat', play that at centre back, and it'll be worth £35m in 12 months time

BHAFC_NTG_10-2.jpg

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sinking feeling this is going to happen now. :cry:

Maguire is very probably going to Utd, and then our only remaining hope is for Tony to price Dunk so high Leicester go back to Tarwoski instead.

This is much more likely than you think.

1) We haven't been forced to sell a player in years
2) Lewis is happy and will get a bumper contract and the captaincy if he stays
3) His current contract is a long one
4) Leicester will receive a record windfall, and they seem like a club spending pretty carelessly already

This all points towards Tony setting the price very high, perhaps even up to 80% of the Maguire transfer. They could walk away just as easily as they could pay up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This. Duffy, Clarke, Balogun and Burn, in my opinion, will not be good enough. Two of them have never kicked a ball in the Premier League, the other loves a mistake. Too much of a burden for Duffy.

This.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I can't see Dunk as a Diva. He's settled here, he's happy, and he won't be spitting his dummy if he stays in my humble opinion.

I think the time he refused to play in order to engineer a move may be before you begun supporting the club.

But I think this is a different Lewis compared to 2014.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
£25m + will buy us a top quality striker and the other £20m a replacement for Dunky. On balance of probability, we'll be better off.

Unless we adjust our salary cap, we can't afford strikers in the 25M+ region which is going to make it very difficult to spend this potential money.

We still have 60-70M left of our annual PL windfall available, add in another 50M and where/who on earth are we going to spend this on?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
....and what about Everton and Wolves?
I think some people are going a little overboard about Leicester. I would be surprised if they finished ahead of either of these two, let alone Arsenal.

Those clubs weren't mentioned. I just think at the moment Arsenal seem like a club in disarray. FWIW I think Everton will have a decent season and Wolves will always be one Jorge Mendes sulk away from having a decimated team.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Currently debating with a foreign Liverpool fan on twitter, he believes Dunk is only worth £10m-£15m as that’s what Transfer Market value him at. Imagine using something like that as a reference point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those clubs weren't mentioned. I just think at the moment Arsenal seem like a club in disarray. FWIW I think Everton will have a decent season and Wolves will always be one Jorge Mendes sulk away from having a decimated team.
That's the thing for me.

It's all a bit of an unholy alliance, that is just doomed to end in failure.
You can't have all the money in one hand and all the power in another.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Currently debating with a foreign Liverpool fan on twitter, he believes Dunk is only worth £10m-£15m as that’s what Transfer Market value him at. Imagine using something like that as a reference point.

Are you sure it's not a Spurs fan?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
£25m + will buy us a top quality striker and the other £20m a replacement for Dunky. On balance of probability, we'll be better off.

Andone , Murray , Locadia , Hemed ( likely to go ) , Connolly

Can't see another striker coming in.

Possibly covered at the back now as well . Clarke may even of been the man , we don't know.

TB will get some return on his investment though , cant begrudge him that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here