Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Genuinely have always thought he had ability, I hope he backs that up this season, and I think he will. You just look at his technique and you can see there’s a quality player in there.

i have no doubt on the quality, the question is if he is suitable. maybe Potter can play him differently, but for me he looked off the pace and too lightweight for the Premiership.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
i have no doubt on the quality, the question is if he is suitable. maybe Potter can play him differently, but for me he looked off the pace and too lightweight for the Premiership.

Last thing we need right now is a beefed up Iranian on a mission. Trump will sanction us...especially if Jahanbaksh starts scoring absolute rockets. We may not have the stadium we fought so hard for..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
6000 posts, and still no assists or goals in the PL or Cups for Ali. Big season coming up for him. Hope he delivers.

I didn't even realise he was on NSC. He wants to get off it and focus on his football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alireza Jahanbakhsh relishes chance to impress new boss

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17769904.alireza-jahanbakhsh-relishes-chance-impress-new-boss/?ref=

Quotes from Potter:-
“The key probably with Alireza is to get him as close to goal as possible. That’s probably where they used him in Holland and therefore you get the goals and assists.

“We have got a lot of forward players. We are just trying to find out where best to play. He ended up on the right as well, so with the personnel on the pitch there was quite a bit of fluidity amongst them.

“Sometimes that’s positive, sometimes it’s not, it depends how you look at it, but it was nice for him to get a couple of assists.”

It's been annoying me so I found it.
Seems rather relevant to Mr Potter's comments.

[tweet]1129011559701864448[/tweet]

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17769904.alireza-jahanbakhsh-relishes-chance-impress-new-boss/?ref=

“The key probably with Alireza is to get him as close to goal as possible. That’s probably where they used him in Holland and therefore you get the goals and assists.

“We have got a lot of forward players. We are just trying to find out where best to play. He ended up on the right as well, so with the personnel on the pitch there was quite a bit of fluidity amongst them.

“Sometimes that’s positive, sometimes it’s not, it depends how you look at it, but it was nice for him to get a couple of assists.”
Jahunshackled.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

looks like playing on favoured side is important to getting our money's worth.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You're not doing your cause any good with blatant misrepresentations like that. Face it pal, you're wrong. He wasn't player of the season last year but neither was he 'utter shtehouse'. Utter shitehouse players do not get MOM. You're really not doing much to bolster your argument.

There is no argument. He was piss poor last season. End of. Let’s hope he improves 100% this season, that would make him poor at least.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
There is no argument. He was piss poor last season. End of. Let’s hope he improves 100% this season, that would make him poor at least.

That's not strictly true, is it? You said he was utter shitehouse, not a prem player, total crap etc. I said he was poor in most games and pretty good in two or three.

I also hope he improves this season but the big difference is that I expect him to do well. Not all players excel in their first season in the prem, foreign or otherwise.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

[tweet]1129011559701864448[/tweet]

Good find. Explains a lot. The Brighton heatmap a was all over the place - literally. No wonder the bloke looked lost and is slated. If we can use him to his strangths this season, i bet we see a different player.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I'm not buying that analysis. I put more stock in what i saw with my own eyes. He was ponderous, slow and lacked quality last season. Not to say he can't improve this year though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good find. Explains a lot. The Brighton heatmap a was all over the place - literally. No wonder the bloke looked lost and is slated. If we can use him to his strangths this season, i bet we see a different player.
I think you'll find that's meaningless.
He is our record signing and is clearly shitehouse everything else is just a piss poor excuse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not buying that analysis. I put more stock in what i saw with my own eyes. He was ponderous, slow and lacked quality last season. Not to say he can't improve this year though.

Yep we've clearly had enough of experts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't we pay half a mil more for Trossard?

Nope that fella was very smart.
He clearly realised we, as fans, can't accept a 'transfer record player' with flaws, despite our record being pitifully low.

So Len will get considerably less sighs and groans as he doesn't have that extra level of expectation.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
There’s very very few players who find their feet in less than a season joining the premier league from abroad.
Late signing, disrupted first half season, second half getting few appearances in a team and for a manager that had clearly lost their mojo.
Might still be shitehouse but it’s a Boris level of self confidence, bluster and delusion to suggest you know he is.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes. There were some worrying signs with him last season, but it could plausibly be to do with the adjustment period / manager / formation etc. We will know either way soon enough

There’s very very few players who find their feet in less than a season joining the premier league from abroad.
Late signing, disrupted first half season, second half getting few appearances in a team and for a manager that had clearly lost their mojo.
Might still be shitehouse but it’s a Boris level of self confidence, bluster and delusion to suggest you know he is.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here