Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For £15m plus possibly a promotion add on and the club will snap their hands off. We only paid a few million for him, 3 I think I heard, plus he has helped us get promoted with 2 successful seasons but has proved he cant cut it in The Premier so I would say thank you AK and goodbye at that price

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
There is legs to this one. Anthony is keen for more game time, feels like he needs to play. He’s had a difficult few months at the Albion. That said, I hope that he finds he can kick on, improve and enjoy himself again under Potter, I do really like him as a player.

Anthony has been looking at houses in the Fulham area, and is apparently ‘almost certain’ that he is going. I want to see him work under Potter, and with Izquierdo out for a while yet I feel we’d be a little light in the wide areas.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would not sell u see any circumstances. He is a proven game changer and match winner.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anthony has been looking at houses in the Fulham area, and is apparently ‘almost certain’ that he is going. I want to see him work under Potter, and with Izquierdo out for a while yet I feel we’d be a little light in the wide areas.

I really hope you are not “ITK” but I suspect you must be if you know he is looking at houses in Fulham, gonna need a big pay rise too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
School holiday time I see . Well done at doing well at school a gold star for you .
The thread is about knocky is it not but there you are . In my opinion knocky is our best attacking player out of interest who’s yours ? . As for shaky then yes I don’t rate him never have . Defensive midfielder or whatever you want to call him not good enough and not enough goals from midfield again my opinion . Let’s hope that Harry Potter don’t think the Propper , Stephens and Gross is the Answer or another long season awaits .
School holiday time would apply more to you than anyone else on here - as I say, your literacy levels are that of a small schoolboy. I've merely taken issue with your drivel.

Anyway, I digress. I don't think Knocky is anywhere near our best attacking player, primarily because he can't get a difficult ball under control quickly enough to then drive into dangerous space. He needs to beat the same man 3 or 4 times because he has made a mess of the first attempt - by the time he does get a cross in, the defence is organised again. He actually reminds me of what happened to Kazenga Lua Lua when he made the step up to Championship after absolutely pissing league one.

Best attacking player? Probably Izquierdo. Unfortunately we haven't seen enough of him yet, but I fancy he will transform our side with a decent run. March is also absolutely fantastic, as he does the defensive stuff very well, and is considerably more accurate with his crossing than Knocky.

I don't mean to be disparaging to Knocky at all - lots to admire there especially in the Championship and the affection for the club shows in his play. That's why we love him. But for every worldy he scores there is an insane Bournemouth sending off that costs the game, and the red mist descends far too often with him IMO. Ultimately I could live with that if he was more clinical at this level, but he just isn't. :shrug:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
As much as I like him if that is the fee it could be good for all parties. However with Jose still out I think we’d need to replace AK still. Could add some legs to the Wilson links.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The whole squad kind of gave up unfair to single AK out.

Sorry to be pedantic but you're right the whole squad gave up, but I'd made a single point that the reason I wouldn't mind IF he left at £15m is because whilst he's a good player I didn't like his occasional petulant shrugs, failing arms and moans if he didn't get the ball. Yes, he's a very good player, yes he's ONE of our best wingers BUT that characteristic is something I don't like to see in a team player.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Key question for this one as it’s dependant in cover

Does anyone know where potter typically sets his wingers up to play dominant leg on the wing or opposite to cut inside?

Reason I ask is AJ typically played on the right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'd be gutted to see him go before we got chance to see if he really flourished under a new manager...

For him as a person, ripping up the Championship again and being adored by the fans is what he loves. He wants to be loved and he wants to win. If he went to Fulham, he'd get that. I suspect it would always nag in his mind that he should be ripping up the Premier League, though...

He's worth way more than £15m too, in my opinion.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
School holiday time would apply more to you than anyone else on here - as I say, your literacy levels are that of a small schoolboy. I've merely taken issue with your drivel.

Anyway, I digress. I don't think Knocky is anywhere near our best attacking player, primarily because he can't get a difficult ball under control quickly enough to then drive into dangerous space. He needs to beat the same man 3 or 4 times because he has made a mess of the first attempt - by the time he does get a cross in, the defence is organised again. He actually reminds me of what happened to Kazenga Lua Lua when he made the step up to Championship after absolutely pissing league one.

Best attacking player? Probably Izquierdo. Unfortunately we haven't seen enough of him yet, but I fancy he will transform our side with a decent run. March is also absolutely fantastic, as he does the defensive stuff very well, and is considerably more accurate with his crossing than Knocky.

I don't mean to be disparaging to Knocky at all - lots to admire there especially in the Championship and the affection for the club shows in his play. That's why we love him. But for every worldy he scores there is an insane Bournemouth sending off that costs the game, and the red mist descends far too often with him IMO. Ultimately I could live with that if he was more clinical at this level, but he just isn't. :shrug:

I agree with some of what you say but Izzy is reported as being out until new year ? So who is your next best player ?
Hughton wanted ours wingers to defend first attack second . Constantly being shouted at last season for being to far up the pitch . I’ll agree trying to beat the man to many times but in my opinion that’s because he was mostly starting most of his attack’s halfway inside his own half . The palace goal when receiving the bell inside the opposition half shows what he can do . There you go nothing nasty about you enjoy your weekend .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
15m + promotion add-ons. Yes please.

He's a big fish in a small pond player.

As a small fish in the Premier League, he's often petulant, moody, reckless and ill-disciplined. The team are often left to play as 10 or 10.5 men when he temporarily gives up. The worst of him, in my opinion, is his selfishness, both on and off the ball.

He can win a game, but I believe he costs more than he contributes.

I really, really wanted to like him. He was just immense in the Championship, but keeping him is a gamble, in my opinion.

Now all of that said, we clearly cannot find a suitable replacement for 15m, so :shrug:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Ignoring your tiresome, bully-boy tactics on here I have to laugh at your nomination of Izzy as best attacking player! He showed promise in his first season but just like Knocky it's too much all-about-me and wanting that, cut inside, cut inside, wonder goal, ignoring players better placed. IF he can get fit and remain fit then hopefully Potter can make him much more of a team player. Still like him but no way near our best attacking player. Solly & Stephens have had much more attacking impact and still more potential under Potter.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I wouldn't disagree that he can be petulant. And you can put that down to a lot of reasons, I would say because he's passionate, and I think he'd be a very dull player without his passion. That aside, I think his work rate is excellent, his defensive side is very good because he does track back. I think it's often something Hughton praised him for.

Stop talking sense and agree with these dullards.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
He might be a 'championship player' but he was better than most and contributed a lot to our survival. Would prefer we did some sort of deal to either get Cairney or Mitrovic rather than cash...

Interesting everyone rates Wilson but he has only performed at Championship level yet accuse Ak of same level.

maybe a bit sentimental but the goal against Palace away will live in my memory for a long long time and I guess everyone who was there.

Couldn’t agree more, and yes I was at Selhurst for that goal too !
I would only be happy to see him go if we can negotiate getting Mitrovic as part of the deal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Need to stick with him and see what Potter can add to Le Petit Magicien.........he’s a small % away from being a very good PL player instead of an inconsistent occassional nobend. Petulance and decision making are fixable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here