Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Here they come, get ready for the roar!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
However, not liking cricket means you're a philistine and have no understanding of real sport whatsoever.

I have to admit I am no great cricket fan. BUT I also have to admit that (sadly) I am old enough to remember the 'Botham' Headingly Ashes Test. (Although I was still child back then).

My God, that is still seared into my memory as the most gripping, spine-tingling, gut-wretching sporting roller-coaster I have ever witnessed. Just incredible. For me, as a sporting memory, it can never be beaten.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is all about opinions, that's correct.

I follow what's going on in most sports. I just love sport. My nipper has even got me slightly knowledgeable about NBA.... and I always swore I'd not take an interest in a bunch of giants playing netball.

Tennis is a bit "meh" to me in general, but I've watched some of the epic Fed v Nadal or Murray v Nole matches etc and it can be bloody brilliant.

Golf. Can't be bothered with watching tour matches but the majors and The Ryder Cup. Amazing.

However, not liking cricket means you're a philistine and have no understanding of real sport whatsoever. So your opinion on anything in the entire history of everything is therefore invalid. Sorry.

Regards

LL

[emoji23]

Gutted now, I was sure if I understood the game and had played it, I was allowed to dislike it without such harsh condemnation :down:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Least we have Dan the coke head haha

I think he's been treated like a dog.

A suspension from tennis for over a year for using a recreational drug instead of a performance-enhancing one. He didn't harm anyone (like breaking someone's jaw outside a nightclub) apart from himself. I hope he can win today and enjoy some fine Peruvian wine tonight. :)

He's about the only British player who's ever had a strong personality or not been brought up middle-class. It's always 'Oh, he got done for having some beak".

Maybe this will be his breakthrough Grand Slam? I hope so anyway although time is running out.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dan Evans started well but the audience don't seem to be nearly as behind him as they were for Edmund/Watson yesterday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking forward to the grudge match between Nadal and the chair luzzing Aussie who has beaten him a few times..

Got to be the match of the day on paper

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just wondering, did you get Novak Djokovic in the NSC men's Wimbledon sweepstake?

I got Federer, my mate Gurjit got Djokovic.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How much do you win for reaching the third round?

Sorry being lazy, just realised it was really easy to look up. £111k.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's clearly a talented player but what an absolute tosser.

Nadal is just playing him like a fiddle. Absolute cock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here