Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Because of their intent?

You mean they could have faked the whole noise scenario just to make Boris look bad? Wow.

Incidentally, [MENTION=27531]Steve in Japan[/MENTION], the police issued a crime number confirmed to the press.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Are either of your neighbours running to be PM of a split and angry country right now?

Please read my whole post including this sentence.

If I was in that situation, I would do the same regardless of whether it was an MP or the local dustman.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The neighbour heard domestic violence, went to the door, got no answer, so recorded the screams and noise, and then went to the police.
If I was in that situation, I would do the same regardless of whether it was an MP or the local dustman.
Or do you think it's ok to ignore screaming?

100% correct to take the witnesses account seriously at the time.

Given the gravitas of the person concerned, I am sure that the authorities will check all details before proceeding.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Is Katie Price running to lead the country?

Couldn't give a ####### #####.

When it is regarding our next leader in 'difficult' times then things have to be done properly.

Done properly? That sounds totalitarian and rather sinister. What does that entail then? A good old right wing tabloid counter smear campaign against the neighbours?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Done properly? That sounds totalitarian and rather sinister. What does that entail then? A good old right wing tabloid counter smear campaign against the neighbours?

Doubt it. Does no harm to check though. Wouldn't be the first time false allegations against prominent MPs have stuck or would it?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Doubt it. Does no harm to check though. Wouldn't be the first time false allegations against prominent MPs have stuck or would it?

I think the neighbours were one step ahead of you - that's probably why they took recordings - they might be as paranoid as you.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
If the Tories aren't abusively manhandling women they're engaged in unsavoury domestics. Keep the red, orange and green flags flying gang and do yourselves all a favour - log off and go out in the weather, you'll feel so much better for it. Byeeeeee! Xx

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ring by all means, never said they shouldn't.

Be prepared for 'checks' afterwards though.

Where did I suggest they shouldn't have called?

To be fair you didn’t .....but checks no ta ....but if you pass things on to a newspaper...then i can see your point.....in this case though BJ has rather set himself up considering his behaviour for what seems the majority of his life

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It's like some sort of mad game designed by Remainers to see how far Leavers can be pushed before even they have to admit that this whole Brexit thing has become so ridiculous that no one could still defend it ?

Posters of Boris in front of £350M to NHS bus (Oh no, you misinterpreted)
Pictures of Nige in front of EU Immigrants pouring into Britain (except it was the Croatia/Slovenia border)
No Immigration controls (Oh, except for those that we do have but don't implement, both within and external to the EU)
Turkey joining the EU (except they can't)
The EU Army (It's not happening)
The German Car industry panicking (they didn't)
Boost to the Economy (maybe in 50 years according to JRM)
Parliamentary Sovereignty (complete deadlock)
The EU need us more than we need them and will blink first in negotiations (they didn't)
The eventual entirely foreseeable deal with customs union (Don't want a Vassal State)
No Deal, NI Border and WTO rules (We haven't put anything in place in the last 3 years, so it certainly won't happen in the next 3 years)
Re-negotiate the deal (The EU negotiating team have been disbanded and the EU have 3-4 months of internal elections before they could re-negotiate, which they have said they won't)

and now, Johnson for PM

Who on earth would have believed this in 2016.

I really can't imagine what the next stage of this game could be, or indeed whether there is any level of facts or information that could still come out to make the remaining runt of leavers maybe reconsider.

Judging from the above, I suspect there isn't. It's almost as if facts and information didn't form any part of the decision in the first place :shrug:

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The idea that this will hurt Boris in anyway is ridiculous, the Brexit head bashers would vote in Ted Bundy if they thought it would get them Brexit quicker.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is a load of bollocks. I dislike Boris immensely, but the fact that he had a bit of a row with his missus isn’t news, and someone recording it and sending it to a national newspaper is sinister.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is Katie Price running to lead the country?

Couldn't give a ####### #####.

When it is regarding our next leader in 'difficult' times then things have to be done properly.

I get what you are saying - 'whatiff a lefty made up the story to discredit Boris?'

The only fly in that ointment is the story is true (if you believe the Grauniad when they say they have heard the recording).

Furthermore, even if the people involved are SWP-voting lesbians from Uranus, it doesn't invalidate the story.

So I'd rather have the truth of the story probed before I start exploring reasons why the people involved 'made it up'. Arguing motive is never a basis for interrogating facts - indeed it allows people to question your 'obviously pro-Boris agenda'. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's like some sort of mad game designed by Remainers to see how far Leavers can be pushed before even they have to admit that this whole Brexit thing has become so ridiculous that no one could still defend it ?

Posters of Boris in front of £350M to NHS bus (Oh no, you misinterpreted)
Pictures of Nige in front of EU Immigrants pouring into Britain (except it was the Croatia/Slovenia border)
No Immigration controls (Oh, except for those that we do have but don't implement, both within and external to the EU)
Turkey joining the EU (except they can't)
The EU Army (It's not happening)
The German Car industry panicking (they didn't)
Boost to the Economy (maybe in 50 years according to JRM)
Parliamentary Sovereignty (complete deadlock)
The EU need us more than we need them and will blink first in negotiations (they didn't)
The eventual entirely foreseeable deal with customs union (Don't want a Vassal State)
No Deal, NI Border and WTO rules (We haven't put anything in place in the last 3 years, so it certainly won't happen in the next 3 years)
Re-negotiate the deal (The EU negotiating team have been disbanded and the EU have 3-4 months of internal elections before they could re-negotiate, which they have said they won't)

and now, Johnson for PM

Who on earth would have believed this in 2016.

I really can't imagine what the next stage of this game could be, or indeed whether there is any level of facts or information that could still come out to make the remaining runt of leavers maybe reconsider.

Judging from the above, I suspect there isn't. It's almost as if facts and information didn't form any part of the decision in the first place :shrug:

Brexit means Brexit and we voted to leave. Dry your eyes.

:facepalm::thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

This is a load of bollocks. I dislike Boris immensely, but the fact that he had a bit of a row with his missus isn’t news, and someone recording it and sending it to a national newspaper is sinister.

Money, money, money.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here