Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Looking at a small sample of the away section of Saintsweb and BBS, there are no recent threads slagging off particular clubs or fanbases in the top 6, or Leeds, etc. On Saintsweb just stuff about Pompey and on BBS literally dozens of recent threads laughing at BHAFC. Since we got promoted, I think there are a few posters routinely obsessed with other clubs hundreds of miles away, rather than the obvious CP, Pompey of Bmuff.

You haven't looked closely then. Most boards have a 'Match day' thread concerning games which don't involve them.

Near every club gets criticism from every other club. Humility is not easy to find on message boards.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I heard that too. Norwich was very much an afterthought to what he was saying having already mentioned both Leeds and Sheffield United. I certainly thought he just added them to be inclusive. Like you say - my visits to Norwich, whilst often enjoyable, have never left me coming away in awe at the Canaries' fans.

Been to Bramall Lane a few times too and definitely nothing special there atmosphere wise. The irony of people saying that prem grounds are quiet and we need the bigger clubs is that quite regularly it's the bigger clubs that are the worst in terms of atmosphere!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I heard that too. Norwich was very much an afterthought to what he was saying having already mentioned both Leeds and Sheffield United. I certainly thought he just added them to be inclusive. Like you say - my visits to Norwich, whilst often enjoyable, have never left me coming away in awe at the Canaries' fans.

HW ever the diplomat.

Digressing, he’s very often thought of as a closet ManU fan. Boy it showed tonight ... his praise for OGS and a defence of the club. Apparently, just appoint Mike Phelan or Van Der Saar as his director, then sign Wan-k-Bikkasa, Rice and a couple of other expensive British players, and they’ll be at the top with ManC again. Even ManU fans say the issues are far wider than that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, you totally misunderstand my point. This is some northern club that isn't even on our sphere. Why we have to be small time billy bollocks over Leeds is beyond me. They really couldn't care less about us I'm sure. Palace yes, Portsmouth yes, even Crawley or Southampton or Bournemouth. Leeds? Really?

No case of oversized testicles going on here. I completely get Leeds are a big club, considerably more so than us. They have a far richer history than we do. Their support, particularly away from Elland Road, is seriously impressive.

I don't like them though, so I'm happy to enjoy it when they stutter.

You're massively over-analysing this, IMO.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Leeds are a club I just don't really like very much, and never have.

As such, when I'm listening to 5Live whilst walking the dog and I hear they are 2-0 down at Brentford, having also stuffed things up a few days earlier, I had a little snigger and I was happy to share the communal laughing-at-Leeds going on here.

My life is not so full that I can't spare a minute or two for trivialities like this, and it's not detracting my main footballing focus that is the Albion.

Maybe you like every single other football club. Maybe you have never taken a small bit of enjoyment when another club has had a misfortune. If so, you're probably the only football supporter who has ever been like that, but good for you.

45 years ago Bremner, Lorrimer, Hunter ,Cherry, Yorath were some team managed by Don Revie. Loved em especially Billy Bremner !!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Arsenal and ManC.

Yep. Chelsea often, old Trafford and Liverpool when not playing a top side, everton is terrible vast majority of the time...

Anyhow, I really don't get the obsession at the moment with parts of the media etc obsessing over wanting the likes of leeds back in the prem. They've been gone so long now, and there has always been smaller clubs in the top division. Off the top of my head Luton, Barnsley, Oldham, Swindon. Bradford. It's really nothing new to have a few traditionally lower league teams in the top division. The problem now however is the gap between those teams (as well as the likes of us one step above those clubs ground/fan base wise) and the top teams is ginormous

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
HW said it agin on 5live tonight tonight, stating that PL grounds have become quiet, and “need the edge that comes from both Norwich and Leeds fans”.

Are Norwich away fans that incredible, especially when they’ll be beaten in the vast majority of their away PL matches?

Norwich...atmosphere? **** me, granted they have a relic of a chant. "Oh look we scored". **** me, lived in Norfolk when they last got promoted hardly any chants and whilst they can sell out Carrow road. It isn't a couldron of noise.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No case of oversized testicles going on here. I completely get Leeds are a big club, considerably more so than us. They have a far richer history than we do. Their support, particularly away from Elland Road, is seriously impressive.

I don't like them though, so I'm happy to enjoy it when they stutter.

You're massively over-analysing this, IMO.

Ah well carry on. A far oft used word on this particular forum... tinpot.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a Leeds supporting friend and, much as I dislike Leeds, we all know how painful on a personal level
this thing can be, irrespective of who you support. So I can't gloat and I wouldn't. At the end of the day, we all
love the game.
Sorry, what?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You haven't looked closely then. Most boards have a 'Match day' thread concerning games which don't involve them.

Near every club gets criticism from every other club. Humility is not easy to find on message boards.

I get the emotion, I get angry at times in games and (uniquely in my family) have always had industrial language ... which can only have come from going to Albion games from a young age. My pet hate’s come from incidents and are against particular players who we’ve come across. The latest being cnt Boruc for laughing at the North Stand, totally unnecessary.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They were immense, Eddie Gray, Giles too.

Most (well, a lot) of their fans act like they are currently immense.......that they ‘deserve’ to be in the PL and the ‘PL needs Leeds’ and they are ‘champions of Europe’. Last time at the Amex women and kids walking up past the buses had to be protected from a mass of 40 and 50 something enraged blokes trying to get amongst them.

Nah, **** em. Horrible lot.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Most (well, a lot) of their fans act like they are currently immense.......that they ‘deserve’ to be in the PL and the ‘PL needs Leeds’ and they are ‘champions of Europe’. Last time at the Amex women and kids walking up past the buses had to be protected from a mass of 40 and 50 something enraged blokes trying to get amongst them.

Nah, **** em. Horrible lot.

I just admired that 60’s/70’s football team.

I’m not gutted if Leeds don’t go up.

Scummy and cowardly fans in modern times - yep, Leeds are very much in with a large grouping (not just aggro with Brighton), with Boro, Burnley, Millwall, West Ham, Birmingham. Evidenced on youtube or anecdotally by Albion fans at away games.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I have a Leeds supporting friend and, much as I dislike Leeds, we all know how painful on a personal level
this thing can be, irrespective of who you support. So I can't gloat and I wouldn't. At the end of the day, we all
love the game.

Even the more reason for you to laugh in his face.

Horrible fans that deserve misery.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Been to Bramall Lane a few times too and definitely nothing special there atmosphere wise. The irony of people saying that prem grounds are quiet and we need the bigger clubs is that quite regularly it's the bigger clubs that are the worst in terms of atmosphere!

'Sheffield United' and 'Big club' in the same sentence, are you sure? Medium sized club, yes, big club no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here