Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier 20/21st April

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
One more point for us will be massive.......... it will be the difference between Cardiff needing a win and a draw from their last 3 v's needing 2 wins from their last 3 or a win and 2 draws

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I would rather our remaining games. Cardiff have to go for wins, that will play into the hands of Fulham and Palace. Palace have been better away from home this season.
Spurs will depend how well we defend. Newcastle could well be starting their holiday and Arsenal can be inconsistent at the best of times. Man City may well need a win to lift the title and that could make for a nervous game for both.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You never have a good hunch or feeling , you never expect us to wi. Or others to do us a favour.
I would hate to be you !!!

Not true, if you can be arsed to look back I said yesterday before the game that I had a much better feeling about the game against Wolves than I did before the game against Cardiff (which to make you feel better I expected us to lose :smile:)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
How was he cheating? Yes I know he is a cheat but how was he cheating? Summarise how that was not a penalty please.

[tweet]1120004593642086400[/tweet]

I believe it was not a penalty because whilst the defender had his hands on him, there wasn't enough force or obstruction. The referee didn't blow for a foul until Salah went down, after Salah had backed into the defender making it look like he had been dragged down, when he hadn't.

But it seems like I'm in the minority here, so happy to admit I'm probably wrong, especially as it benefited us, although I suspect the reaction would have been different had Salah won that against us :wink:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would rather our remaining games. Cardiff have to go for wins, that will play into the hands of Fulham and Palace. Palace have been better away from home this season.
Spurs will depend how well we defend. Newcastle could well be starting their holiday and Arsenal can be inconsistent at the best of times. Man City may well need a win to lift the title and that could make for a nervous game for both.

Anything can happen mate, i reckon its almost certain, our game plan on Tuesday will be the same as yesterday, just hope for the same result.... its to our advantage that Spurs have the CL SF coming up and are fighting for top 4, they put out a few more second stringers yesterday, with kane out, and hopefully the same again, we can but live in hope........ whatever happens, if its not mathematically certain (or as good as with GD) before the final day, with city going for the title, that will be one hell of an emotional roller coaster.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I believe it was not a penalty because whilst the defender had his hands on him, there wasn't enough force or obstruction. The referee didn't blow for a foul until Salah went down, after Salah had backed into the defender making it look like he had been dragged down, when he hadn't.

But it seems like I'm in the minority here, so happy to admit I'm probably wrong, especially as it benefited us, although I suspect the reaction would have been different had Salah won that against us :wink:

So... assuming it was a penalty, it took Salah to go to the floor in order to get it. If he had stayed on his feet he wouldn't have. That says more about the official than the player. Now, I used to play as a centre forward in my younger days, not at their level obviously. But if the defender had got hold of me like that I think I would have been totally entitled to a foul, which in this case is a penalty. I don't know if you ever played but that was nailed on, 100%, stonewall a penalty.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

What can possibly be the excuse for Morrison having both hands all over him?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Anything can happen mate, i reckon its almost certain, our game plan on Tuesday will be the same as yesterday, just hope for the same result.... its to our advantage that Spurs have the CL SF coming up and are fighting for top 4, they put out a few more second stringers yesterday, with kane out, and hopefully the same again, we can but live in hope........ whatever happens, if its not mathematically certain (or as good as with GD) before the final day, with city going for the title, that will be one hell of an emotional roller coaster.

If we can’t get 1 point from 4 games, then we don’t deserve to stay up. Cardiff will get 4 points at most, I don’t see Man U losing at home last game. I suspect it will be a hard fought draw next Saturday at home.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
The ref didn't blow until Salah went down as he let play continue incase there was advantage to Salah and he was still able to get a shot off, when it became apparent there was no advantage he then blew. You can't defend like that and expect to get away with it.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Cardiff 24% possession and two shots on target. Barely laid a glove on Liverpool. All this talk they they are fighting harder than us is nonsense based on this weekend. We are both fighting hard and this weekend we have inched a bit further ahead.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I'm coming over for the man city game and regardless of what happens I don't want to see tears. Whatever happens we face it with dignity [emoji24]

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here