Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Water at Wolves - Common Sense Prevailed

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Away fans at Molineux are not blessed with the best seats, especially when the sun is glaring down. With today's weather conditions, I thought it best to get a bottle of water just before the game started. I asked for one, only to find out they've ran out. I asked for tap water as an alternative, and was met with a perplexed stare. She said "don't do that here", so I asked to speak to her manager. I explained that as Molineux is a licensed establishment, they must offer free water alongside the alcohol. She disagreed but offered me the chance to wait 20 minutes (game was starting) for a bottle from upstairs.

At half time, to my surprise, the kiosks were serving tap water. Stewards were even going around the stand letting people know that tap water was available. Perhaps it finally clicked that people need hydration on a hot day and ignoring to offer free water is unacceptable, especially when out of water bottles! Well done to whoever took the initiative, just a shame it wasn't earlier.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Stupid flame thrower things right in front of the stands pre kick off didn't help matters either. Shame they didn't set light to their stupid giant pitchside flags. Very Arsenal (the flags), although not such well coordinated waving. Did they used to have them in the Championship, I wonder?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Wasn't far away from Wolverhampton myself today, went and watched my local team Leiston play at Tamworth. We arrived early on the coach and were made to wait outside the turnstiles for 45 mins before being allowed in . Bloody boiling in the sun , very little shade and just completed a 5hr journey. Asked one of their suits for some water as we were all dry , and we got the same answer, give me a £1 and I'll get you a bottle ! Told him to run the tap and fill up some glasses , cheeky git ! Horrible place , big club attitude even though they're now playing in Southern league , fans weren't too friendly and we got walloped 5-0 ☹️

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
As we were walking out the stadium the kiosk staff were putting pints of water on the counter free for all to take.

Jimmy Grimble

Thought it was bliss standing in that sun all day watching a pre-season friendly

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Away fans at Molineux are not blessed with the best seats, especially when the sun is glaring down. With today's weather conditions, I thought it best to get a bottle of water just before the game started. I asked for one, only to find out they've ran out. I asked for tap water as an alternative, and was met with a perplexed stare. She said "don't do that here", so I asked to speak to her manager. I explained that as Molineux is a licensed establishment, they must offer free water alongside the alcohol. She disagreed but offered me the chance to wait 20 minutes (game was starting) for a bottle from upstairs.

At half time, to my surprise, the kiosks were serving tap water. Stewards were even going around the stand letting people know that tap water was available. Perhaps it finally clicked that people need hydration on a hot day and ignoring to offer free water is unacceptable, especially when out of water bottles! Well done to whoever took the initiative, just a shame it wasn't earlier.

At the Amex they will give you tap water in a plastic cup if you ask. I'm not paying for a bottle when it isn't reusable after they have thrown the lid away.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought it was all establishments serving food rather than alcohol that have to serve free water, must be wrong going by the article above but would make more sense.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Popped into the North Laine yesterday for a livener and was glad to see they had jugs of tap water on the bar free to anyone, didn't even need to buy a drink, and in actual glasses as well. No interest to me but good to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here