Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There’s trouble at t’mill

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
You mean the same corner floated to the back post EVERY time?.

Maybe that is the only way that March can get the ball over the first man!

el punal

It’s mid April and we don’t know our best formation or our best line up. What does that tell you ?

It tells us that we look like a side that’s just started the season with four or five new players in the team who are trying to get to grips with how we play. Numerous examples of that last night, and as you say we’re in April with five games to go, not five games gone as if it were August.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
You point to two games in which they crumbled. They’ve been outstanding for 95% of the season

Sorry, which season is this?

As for our Shane, he’s a good Championship defender, with a bit too much to say on the pitch lately.
Seems to be slagging everyone else off on the pitch, (including the manager), whilst his form has been just as bad as the rest. Too many pseudo Cruyff turns in dangerous situations which mostly he has got away with.
We have to be careful that we don’t all put the cart before the horse, and lose hope too soon.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
If there's a bad apple......

Julian Orchard  Carry On Henry (1971).jpg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It wouldn't surprise me if the players were tired of the current tactics, it looks to me as if the only offensive training we do is corners and free kicks launched into the box.

You may be right but if true, they are meant to be professionals, they are highly paid, they should get on with it

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I thought he left for Sheffield Utd under a bit of a cloud ?

He's obviously one of the good-guys now ....

No, he was sold to Sheff Utd when we were in League 1, and they were a Championship club. We got £250K for him. There was no cloud as far as I can remember. He did fall out with Warnock at Sheff Utd, but then who didn't?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Absolutely, the fans were crying for more expansive stuff and Hughton did infact deliver on changing how we played football. Possession has increased and we are seeing more shots at goal (accuracy on the other hand..). However, was mid-season the right time to change how we play? probably not, because we haven't got the players to play 4-3-3 - but they do know 4-4-1-1.

I wonder if we’re getting more possession simply because we’re chasing most games - as soon as we go behind against teams outside the top 6, the opposition sit back let us have possession and then hit us on the break.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wonder if we’re getting more possession simply because we’re chasing most games - as soon as we go behind against teams outside the top 6, the opposition sit back let us have possession and then hit us on the break.

Most people haven’t noted that CH in 2019 has made the team less defensive, in that; the FB’s, Propper and Stephens push forward, we don’t sit deep and we have the ball more. BUT, we are then picked on the counter by everyone. It’s failed. The much maligned deep defence brought us points.

We haven’t got the quality of player.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Robyn (ex-TalkSport) had some theories on what might have gone wrong and someone said Duffy has become to big in the dressing room and intimidating to some of the quieter players.

I do wonder if by not having Bruno playing there has been a shift in the dressing room with no real leader

Duffy, you say? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We've had disruptive players before; Cullip, Knight McCammon and the like.
Managers did what was necessary, even if it looked like weakening the team in the short term.
The team must always be bigger than any one player, if one or two players are creating disquiet, they MUST be removed for the good of the club.
Manager MUST command respect, end-of.
So, IS it taxi for Duffy?

Duffy, you say? ???

In fairness, all I know is he has decided he's the new Stevie G in attack, and is a focused as this in defence

Duffyvision.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A nightmare when Duffy strolls forward believing he’s Beckenbauer, meddling badly in midfield. Stay back in the position you know best.

The Championship? ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here