Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Farage is not an idiot, he is however someone who made a very successful business career out of the EU. On one hand taking the EU cash as a MEP and attracting more cash from anti EU businesss and individuals who thought he was a " man of the people ".

Accurate, indeed, apart from he *is* a man of the people....just the wrong kind of people.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes, very impressive. Almost as many as people who voted Leave ......................

........ Oh ....................

OK, just about 16M short then.
Bit of a thick as mince comparison though isn't it ?

More people voted leave that turned up to leave marches or voted for a no deal on the parliamentary petition site.

Why do you think leave was some form of "year zero" ?

The reality is that political opinion in this country ebbs and flows and within a decade we could end up back in.

Millions of young voters (and those too young to vote) have been utterly pissed off by the whole thing.

When they form a majority of the electorate you are gonna be in for a shock.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes, very impressive. Almost as many as people who voted Leave ......................

........ Oh ....................

OK, just about 16M short then.

99% of the nation didnt attend todays march against democracy.
Something to be thankful for at least.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You seriously think they could organise that? (and I'm life-long pro-Labour, btw!)

I don’t think he’d ever get an overall majority, so hard to say when running a coalition with the SNP. There’d be so much bitching, hard to know what business would be done other than mega tax rises on the successful and huge payouts to Scotland to keep the whinging SNP on board for as long as they can.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm sure that some odd person posted that 99% of the country didn't turn up for the march today.
I had no idea we had 100,000,000 people in this country. :ohmy:
No wonder he/she wants 'out'.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
You don't believe in enacting the democratic results of elections, therefore, don't respect democracy :shrug:

It wasn't an election, and anyway democracy is about more than elections.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm sure that some odd person posted that 99% of the country didn't turn up for the march today.
I had no idea we had 100,000,000 people in this country. :ohmy:
No wonder he/she wants 'out'.

the population of the UK is 66m not 100m
prob 700,000 on the march not 1m as they always exagerrate . You want to quibble about roughly 0.05%....jeez

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There are so many grounds on which to pulverise these pisspoor comments, but I really cannot be arsed as I'm not sure you'ld get the point...

Indeed, there are some dim, depressing dweebs on NSC. Still, 99.999999% of the country aren't, so.....hooray!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hoey isn't my MP but she once was.

The council tried to take me to court for unpaid council tax although I had it on direct debit.

She sorted it out in hours. That's these seemingly bonkers MPs stay in, they are often very good locally.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

She was my local MP when I lived near the Oval in the late 80s. Agree, mad as a snake but, usefully on occasions, just as lethal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shows what a terrible job Theresa of Borg has done to try and bring the country together.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well we can all live in hope. You mention general elections. In 2017 Theresa May, having failed to implement most of her party's manifesto commitments of just two years earlier, simply called the whole thing off, scrapping parliament and calling a new vote in the hope of getting a mandate different to the one given to her by the people a short time before.

I would argue that this is similar in principle to the current suggestion of seeking a new mandate on the EU question, especially in view of information now available. In the light of your views regarding a further referendum, I am unsure why you are not incandescent about May's decision to abandon her 2015 mandate.

New information now available? What happened to your claim that everything had substantively changed and we knew exactly what we would vote on this time .. despite not knowing what deal we might leave on .. if there would even be a deal or what our future economic realtionship would be. There are many remainers on this thread who aren't bright enough to realise how disengenous or dishonest their arguments are, many others are just trolls. You have no such excuse. Principles, honesty, integrity, consistency are sadly lacking in 95% of remainers posts on this thread especially yours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here