Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Naylor

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So he's not allowed to give a response to critics. Especially one not so crude in form ?

No problem with him.

Folk seem less happy to take than give.

el punal

I think Naylor does a good job of covering the Albion with what I imagine is pretty limited resource. I have no issue with his journalism.

I am fed up, however, of his constant criticism of the fans and his holier-than-thou attitude.

The below tweet is a recent example of this;

[tweet]1107613549352898560[/tweet]

Of course people were going to be critical when we were 2-0 down and played like shit. It baffles me that he doesn't understand this and how the fans criticism aimed at the players/CH at that stage was completely justified (and probably still is!).

Hardly encouraging people to buy The Argus with his attitude.

After 80 minutes I was completely and utterly pissed off. I took out my frustrations on my seat N129, for which I now wish to apologise to and the rest of the seats who were offended by my actions. At the time I thought - we are so much better than this, just prove it. Well we did, but bloody hell Chris and the boys, you don’t half put us loyal fans through the wringer.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t see the point of his tweet tbh, we could hardly string a pass together in the final third until Locadia (who should play number 9 imo) and Solly ruining them in the last few minutes. Does Naylor watch a different game to the rest of us?

Locadia when playing in his natural position does everything he should good lay offs strong hold up play and sharp around the box basically what we have been crying out for. Really don’t get the persistence with an aging Murray. Still think we would of won at Leicester with Jurgen up top Murray was shocking that evening.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I knew he was a cockwomble when I met him at a football dinner and he tried to argue that Calamity Wayne Henderson was a better keeper than Michel Kuipers. Soon put him in his place over that one!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He's obsessed with us, bless him.

The fans shouldn't bite on comments like that.

He probably just brings it up because me might want to say it himself. He can then blame the fans and then he can still ''cowe favour'' at the club.

I think its very clever doing it that way, so he sort of has the fans on a string and uses them as bait. Good tactical Journalism if you ask me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like big redundancies at the Argus. Sport desk to reduce to 1 person. Whatever you think about Andy or Brian I’d not want to be a journalist in your 50s being made redundant.

Hope they sort something out as local news and journalists still have a big place to play in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here