Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hi :wave:

Does bellcheesary also apply to colleagues who do absolutely fook all (and I genuinely mean fook all) unless there's a manager nearby, at which point they go into overdrive?

I'd be amazed if I'm alone in this and would appreciate some tips in overcoming the problem, as passive aggression isn't working.

I've worked with a certain colleague on the opposite shift from me, where they only do the bare minimum.
It got to a stage where I'd had enough and lost it big time in a verbal connotation (non swearing).
My boss advised me to take a step back and let AN Other do more work.
It has sort of helped, but they are still a lazy tw@t.
They are of a similar ilk to wavy Mavis off Open All Hours!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I am finding increasing amounts of female bellcheesery driven by the paranoia of potentially saying the wrong thing.

There was a “women’s offsite” last month (imagine an equivalent for men?). Since they came back there has been increasing number of whispering and quiet meetings between them which no man is allowed to discuss.

We all sit silently...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently got an e-mail through from our 'Diversity and Inclusion' team :)FFSPuncheon) inviting me to a 'Men's workshop', which I found very surprising for obvious reasons.

The only item this e-mail mentioned on the agenda at this workshop was 'asking men for ideas on how we could get more women into the business'...

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Why are they "for men". It's a curiously old-fashioned belief to think women don't swear.

Are they for wearing when the port and cigars come out and the ladies have left the room?

Perhaps your questions may have been better directed to Firebox? I just provided a link to someone wanting to buy said pair of socks.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I recently got an e-mail through from our 'Diversity and Inclusion' team :)FFSPuncheon) inviting me to a 'Men's workshop', which I found very surprising for obvious reasons.

The only item this e-mail mentioned on the agenda at this workshop was 'asking men for ideas on how we could get more women into the business'...

Anything that's called a "workshop" but doesn't involve hammers is just corporate bollox

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A colleague of mine is currently on leave as unfortunately her mother has died.

A couple of years ago she needed emergency time off work because...

...yep you've guessed it, her mother had passed away.

Now oddly both deaths occurred in mid February when my colleague has run out of holiday and sick leave.

:lol: :facepalm:

And you have made HR/personnel aware of course?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Perhaps your questions may have been better directed to Firebox? I just provided a link to someone wanting to buy said pair of socks.

I wasn't addressing you. I was just asking the question - I'm fully aware that it's Firebox's description

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Waiting for you to tell us she's single next.

:lol: No I can't do that, but now I'm on the case I'm already looking forward to next February for my next post on this thread.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Today I became that person. Yes I am a bell cheese at work. Today I have acquired Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification. :shootself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
From today forth the Payroll Department where I work will now be known as the 'Rewards Operational Team'...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
From today forth the Payroll Department where I work will now be known as the 'Rewards Operational Team'...

HR and Payroll departments love a good rebrand. The most recent one at my place led to a role called Chief People Officer.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think our recruitment process needs an overhaul......

Day 1

Woman recruited to take over from guy who was leaving. After being walked round the office and introduced to people she demands every cleaning product known to humankind so she can clean her workstation. An hour later she returns to the office administrator and demands the immediate purchase of 45 large ring-binders. What she was intending to do with said articles remains a mystery as, indeed, was where she intended to store them all.

She eventually sits down with the guy who is leaving for training. After about 30 minutes her mobile rings. Without a word of apology she gets up and takes the call on the landing having a shouted call with someone about her daughter's benefit claim. Returns to training (again with no word of apology) until 30 minutes later her phone goes again. Once more she answers the call and returns to her desk this time to have a shouted conversation with her bank.

There was no day 2!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here