Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
And he’s a Man Utd fan too. Bit of a weird one scoring against the team you support, not sure I could celebrate if I scored for Real Madrid against the Albion in the Champions League!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When he re-signed for the Albion, I'm sure I remember someone (or maybe more than one poster) saying they wouldn't celebrate his goals IF he scored any. I'd love to know if they stuck to their side of the bargain... That finish today was sublime and I thought he put in one HELL of a shift today. It's clear that he is desperate to keep the shirt.

Sounded good in the Radio Sussex interview after the game, too. :albion2:

A few did say crap like that. His crimes included; not being worthy of a new contract by Poyet so signing for CP, not smiling enough, being shy and someone "ated the bloke because he didn't stop to give an autograph once".

Then the backstabbers disappeared.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
According to the match commentary he wants to go into sports media when he hangs up his boots, didn’t see that coming.

He is our talisman and has been most of the time he’s been here, two promotions and a big reason we are still playing at this level. He still has lots to offer and he is obviously loving it here.

He appears regularly on Premier League Fanzone, usuaally talking about Brighton or Palace but does do some previews andreviews of other teams and matches. He has a good presence and presentation on TV.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That finish will not get anywhere near the praise it deserves. Worthy of Zola or Bergkamp. Sublime.

And yes, don’t think I’ve ever seen him work harder than today.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
A few did say crap like that. His crimes included; not being worthy of a new contract by Poyet so signing for CP, not smiling enough, being shy and someone "ated the bloke because he didn't stop to give an autograph once".

Then the backstabbers disappeared.

Don’t forget that time he didn’t “track back” at Withdean... with a double hernia.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
A natural striker - instinct.

He was absolutely brilliant today. When England were 2-1 down to Croatia, I’d much rather have had him come on than Danny Welbeck, today’s ‘pampered’ defenders don’t know how to play him when he’s on form and fired up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Murray or Lukaku - yes that’s World Cup semi finalist Lukaku. Who played better? Who wanted it more? Who made a mockery of transfer fees? Answers on a postcard pls.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You can count on Murray at home as we attack more. Away we are to defensive and need pace for balls over the top

Yes without wishing to dampen the mood, away from home we need to change the system. We need pace upfront. Doing this would give Murray time to recover.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That was an utter joke of a performance from Murray today. Lindelost and Baidly didn’t know what to do with him, and that finish, THAT FINISH...against the best keeper in the world. De Gea didn’t have a clue where it had gone.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Murray was fantastic today. I hated Cladding Palace having him, helping them get promoted but what a professional. Massively underated-except by us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am looking forward to seeing my reaction watching his EFFORTLESS flick into the net on MOTD tonight. Thank Christ they had De Gea keep at the home end in the first half.

You gonna set a mirror up?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here