Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stefano Denswil loan deal OFF

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Must be a strong case for promoting Ben White as our 4th CB, replacing Uwe. Played twice in the EFL Cup 2016 (Colchester and Oxford). Full season at Newport where I believe he won Player of the Season. Now 20 and ready to step up? @AZGull what's your view?

PG

Shirley he'll follow the Walton template just one season behind, Legend One next.

As is customary - How come this club has always been able to pooh out quality centre backs, but couldn't find a centre forward at a Golden Boot presentation?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Shirley he'll follow the Walton template just one season behind, Legend One next.

As is customary - How come this club has always been able to pooh out quality centre backs, but couldn't find a centre forward at a Golden Boot presentation?

But with the U23s now in the top division and offering a higher standard, I think keeping him in the fold - personal view - is more sensible.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I would promote White, Walton, Cox, Sanders and Bjordal to replace Hunemeier, Krul/Maenpaa, Rosenior, Sidwell and Skalak personally.

I know they do not need to named in 25 man squad because of their age, but their development should not be stunted by signing average foreigners to fill gaps in the squad.

The money would be better off spent on signing players to improve the first XI not squad players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But with the U23s now in the top division and offering a higher standard, I think keeping him in the fold - personal view - is more sensible.

Fair do's.

I'm just comparing Walton's season with Goldson's, I think we know which one benefited the club, and player, more.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Must be a strong case for promoting Ben White as our 4th CB, replacing Uwe. Played twice in the EFL Cup 2016 (Colchester and Oxford). Full season at Newport where I believe he won Player of the Season. Now 20 and ready to step up? [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] what's your view?

PG

Season loan to a L1 or Championship club would be best for him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would promote White, Walton, Cox, Sanders and Bjordal to replace Hunemeier, Krul/Maenpaa, Rosenior, Sidwell and Skalak personally.

I know they do not need to named in 25 man squad because of their age, but their development should not be stunted by signing average foreigners to fill gaps in the squad.

The money would be better off spent on signing players to improve the first XI not squad players.

I agree with the thrust of your comment: we need to prioritise quality over quantity and, if need be, promising youngsters can fill the injury void.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Season loan to a L1 or Championship club would be best for him.

Aspinall mentioned on today's Albion Unlimited podcast that Paul Cook tried to get him at Wigan in January. I would presume he'd be interested in taking him into the Championship with Walton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here