Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jamie Murphy loan/ transfer to Rangers

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Graeme Murty has stood down as Rangers manager following Sunday's 5-0 hammering by Scottish champions Celtic I wounder if Jamie's move permanently might now be in danger of not happening

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Murty was only on a short term contract until the end of the season, so I would think any decision in taking Jamie to Rangers was not his.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Did the club agree a fee for Murphy?
I note he's got a further year left on his contract, surely we can demand a fee for the transfer of Murphy? £1 million at least I would have thought.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Did the club agree a fee for Murphy?
I note he's got a further year left on his contract, surely we can demand a fee for the transfer of Murphy? £1 million at least I would have thought.

I seem to recall that one of the reasons the original transfer fell through (and was replaced with a loan), was due to questions marks around Rangers' ability to pay a transfer fee (this was according to informed NSC gossip). I'm sure somebody will remember better than I can...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If Gerrard does take the reigns, he'll probably start loaning from Liverpool, unless the Rangers hierarchy dictate otherwise.
Hopefully JM will have a future there, given the language barrier might confuse him.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I seem to recall that one of the reasons the original transfer fell through (and was replaced with a loan), was due to questions marks around Rangers' ability to pay a transfer fee (this was according to informed NSC gossip). I'm sure somebody will remember better than I can...

I think a fee was agreed but there was a fear about strong rumours that Rangers were about to go into administration. I think we took the decision to loan him to them with the view to selling in the summer, because we were worried that they wouldn't pay us all the money. By loaning him out, we could buy some time to see what their financial situation was like and worst case scenario, get him back and sell him to someone else.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I think a fee was agreed but there was a fear about strong rumours that Rangers were about to go into administration. I think we took the decision to loan him to them with the view to selling in the summer, because we were worried that they wouldn't pay us all the money. By loaning him out, we could buy some time to see what their financial situation was like and worst case scenario, get him back and sell him to someone else.

The media up here seem to think his loan will be converted to a transfer in the summer (which is the spin that Rangers will be giving them). I suspect TB took the wise decision not to allow the transfer to become permanent until it was paid up front. Rangers will not have any funds until they get their season ticket money in. If Gerrard does any sort of due diligence, he won't touch them with a bargepole.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
From what I've seen Murphy is an upgrade on what they had, but he looked mediocre vs Celtic.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here