Votes: 181 90.5%
  • No, I'd expect 8:44 to be too late to order

Votes: 19 9.5%

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Interesting comments about Cask. My gang rarely go there now. Their main complaint is, in their opinion, the beers are quite boring these days.

Do you mean Craft HT ? We went in there for the last time possibly when 3 of their cask pumps had 'Coming Soon' on but were not actually pouring. Then one Pear cider ( cough ) and two bland best style bitters. Not what they were like a couple of years back. They are pushing you into the tap/craft areas which is fine - they do some cracking beers - but if you want something from the pump.... forget it. Maybe it's hit and miss though and we've just hit them on the 'miss' days.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i will give you a little insight into the eggy.......a group of pals had their fantasy league award night there in june , the total prize money was 480 quid...yes it all went over the bar , just another excuse for a piss up but we had it on a tuesday night ....we got there at 7 and we left at 11 , there were 12 of us , the landlord made sure he got every last penny of that kitty out of us......the guy is a nork ...!! i'll leave that there for now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you mean Craft HT ? We went in there for the last time possibly when 3 of their cask pumps had 'Coming Soon' on but were not actually pouring. Then one Pear cider ( cough ) and two bland best style bitters. Not what they were like a couple of years back. They are pushing you into the tap/craft areas which is fine - they do some cracking beers - but if you want something from the pump.... forget it. Maybe it's hit and miss though and we've just hit them on the 'miss' days.

Yes. I do.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ooh, am I a git?

Few years back, my regular hairdresser turned me away. I was working an hour away and knew they closed at 6pm [notice on the door], so left work early and arrived at 20-to-six to find the sign turned to "closed" and all 3 cutters busy with 2 waiting. I pushed the door open and asked if I could still get a cut today - was told "no, sorry, too late".

NEVER BEEN BACK !! Their loss ..... [maybe]

Maybe they still remember you and talk about you ? ? " Thank god that bloke who used to turn up a twenty to six doesn't come any more....." On the opposite side of the coin however, I used to work back-shop a few years ago, the manager introduced a rule that no-one was to leave the store till the last customer had been attended to and had left the shop.

However, we were not to be paid for any of this time and often we would stay almost 30 minutes after our closing time, staff were missing trains and busses and getting caught right in the rush hour while driving. One day a husband of one of the part time girls came in in the afternoon to see the manager about why his wife was persistently late home.....he was rather large, and the manager was an archetypal bully, he crumbled when confronted with being duffed up. Of course this was because unions were discouraged and fear and tyranny held sway.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
i will give you a little insight into the eggy.......a group of pals had their fantasy league award night there in june , the total prize money was 480 quid...yes it all went over the bar , just another excuse for a piss up but we had it on a tuesday night ....we got there at 7 and we left at 11 , there were 12 of us , the landlord made sure he got every last penny of that kitty out of us......the guy is a nork ...!! i'll leave that there for now.

Did he stand there with a gun and make you spend it all or were you too TIMID to say NO ???

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
As the landlord of the Eggy was at the bar of the Hare and Hounds on Saturday evening, could have something to do with the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Did he stand there with a gun and make you spend it all or were you too TIMID to say NO ???

no but he took all the food orders for which we waited over an hour and a half and then kept on coming to the table saying 120 left ...80 left etc.. etc... he then brought 2 bottles of 30 quid wine to the table which most of us thought were complimentary......when the lad who won the comp was handing over the cash the head barman who we have all know since school days says....560 all up including the wine...!! all ended up with the staff getting slagged off and the cash grabbing attitude resulted in a lot of the guys saying they probably wouldn't use the egg for a while.....most of them are Albion regulars and all sound lads , some of them are reasonably wealthy , it wasn't the money it was the principle.....and the food was shit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can someone move this utter gash thread to the "other stuff" section...
Kind regards

I never thought the day would arrive but.... I agree with you. FFS.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Marvellous Binfest, NSC at its finest. Polarised views and hilarious tangential offshoots. Keep it up!

Tangential Offshoots ? That used to happen all the time when I was young.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My annoyance has upped a notch when last night FB decided to tell me that I had received a direct message thing.

The message was from the chef and had been sent early Sunday morning. It seemed to be accusing me of fibbing - "I am truly sorry but I was working last night and can confirm the kitchen was open until 9pm! " and was asking me to delete my message on the Worthing Food & Drink group on FB.

As it turned out, I'd long since deleted it, as it was all going very strangely. I typed quite a long reply to the chef only for it to be rejected as she has chosen not to receive direct messages.

I wish I hadn't deleted it now, although...

Egremont Worthing food.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My annoyance has upped a notch when last night FB decided to tell me that I had received a direct message thing.

The message was from the chef and had been sent early Sunday morning. It seemed to be accusing me of fibbing - "I am truly sorry but I was working last night and can confirm the kitchen was open until 9pm! " and was asking me to delete my message on the Worthing Food & Drink group on FB.

As it turned out, I'd long since deleted it, as it was all going very strangely. I typed quite a long reply to the chef only for it to be rejected as she has chosen not to receive direct messages.

I wish I hadn't deleted it now, although...

View attachment 89514

Can you ask them when they stop doing Sunday dinners please? Thinking about going after the game Sunday :lol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Very poor service in my opinion, the guy knew you were in for food, he should, at the very least, have come to you before pulling the plug to apologise and say if you'd like food you'd need to place your order now.

Yoda

English & European

How the F##k are they in a position to say you were fibbing? They would've been out the back in the kitchen not at the bar where you were refused to order food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here