Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a shake up in defence?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We've been on a great run of form recently so any dramatic changes would be inadvisable.

However

In three of the last four games we have very shaky at the back. Stockdale has been poor. Individually the defence has been OK but we simply cannot defend Set pieces at the moment.

It might be very controversial to suggest but perhaps goldson needs a rest and Greer could step in for a bit. Would be very interested to know stats of dunk/Greer vs dunk/goldson this season...

I would also imagine that rosenior will have to make way for bong in the next two games.

Thoughts .....

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
We've been on a great run of form recently so any dramatic changes would be inadvisable.

However

In three of the last four games we have very shaky at the back. Stockdale has been poor. Individually the defence has been OK but we simply cannot defend Set pieces at the moment.

It might be very controversial to suggest but perhaps goldson needs a rest and Greer could step in for a bit. Would be very interested to know stats of dunk/Greer vs dunk/goldson this season...

I would also imagine that rosenior will have to make way for bong in the next two games.

Thoughts .....

Goldson had a good first half yesterday, dropped his level slightly in the second. He was imperious at Birmingham. Dunk was outstanding yesterday and almost as good at Birmingham.

Stockdale made one error at Birmingham and didn't have a lot to do yesterday, but what he did do was fine. Lansbury didn't fluff that glorious chance without some input from our #13.

I get why you're saying what you are, but I'm not sure bringing back Greer into the mix (and into a confident, winning team) is the right thing to do.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I share some points of this thread let's but just keep going,injuries may force our hand and we shall have to deal with them if and when they come.....otherwise i'm with [MENTION=21730]Medwayseagull[/MENTION]..

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I assume this is a wind up thread but just in case and for the record:

- 5 goals conceded in last 9 games;
- 4 of these from set pieces;
- so 1 goal (ONE!) conceded from open play in 870 minutes of normal time (9 games + last 60 mins of Cardiff) and that was Stocko mistake at Brum.

So, yes, let's see if Elvis can make it as a CB, at least he won't be offside in his own half.

theboybilly

I've been thinking about this for some time because of our seeming vulnerability at set pieces but I honestly think it would be wrong to mess around with what we have now. I would however have played three CBs in the latter stages of the Burnley game as it became more and more obvious what Dyche's tactics were

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I assume this is a wind up thread but just in case and for the record:

- 5 goals conceded in last 9 games;
- 4 of these from set pieces;
- so 1 goal (ONE!) conceded from open play in 870 minutes of normal time (9 games + last 60 mins of Cardiff) and that was Stocko mistake at Brum.

So, yes, let's see if Elvis can make it as a CB, at least he won't be offside in his own half.

Solid stats that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here