Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where is your Albion Mojo today?

Where is your Albion Mojo today

• Total voters

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm in "how much is a one way ticket to Beach Head?" mode at the moment. So I suppose put me down as a zero

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
In his defence he did only play 1 half of the game but to me he made Ali J's efforts last season look like Lionel Messi. There must be more experienced players the club are looking at so hopefully the 3 players needed (or maybe now 4 with AK's departure) will be a real step up in class. Lets hope so.
That's my problem, I don't trust the recruitment team, which seems to grow more in numbers than successful signings

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As it stands, 4.
We haven’t made anything like the quality of signings that we need to.
The idea that potter will release the shackles and previously shite players will suddenly look high-end prem quality is ridiculous.
Far more likely he will be gone by Christmas.
Still time to get the right players in though.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I feel like the chap that shouted iceberg a little bit too late.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Good move = selling one of our best ever players having just dispensed with our most successful manager

Don't feel like good moves to me

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] highlight of 'that' Swansea goal v City.

We're gonna win the league

I pity all you weaklings and your cry-baby bibblings.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just watched @Hugh Rune highlight of 'that' Swansea goal v City.

We're gonna win the league

I pity all you weaklings and your cry-baby bibblings.
We may do.

Naming a 22 man squad seems a courageous way to do it as well.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've said before, and I'll say it again - Let's get 10 games into the season before we become screaming monkeys throwing turds at each other....

A good manager can get the best from a player, and a highly motivated player who is playing for the manager improves immeasurably. Personally I think the coming season will be a very pleasant experience with some great football played, or a total shit storm of spankings and player revolts...

We will know nothing until we've played some 'real' games in the Premier League - a League where the smallest mistakes are punished, no mercy is given, and the weak are destroyed.

I will now roll up my scroll and retire to my chamber. :wink:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
My mojo is absolutely fine, the window is still open, Potter is getting his ideas across to the team, im taking heart from the first half yesterday rather than a fitter Fulham team being, well, fitter than us in the second half and now Potter has had a few weeks with the players and a couple of games he will have a much better idea of what he needs before the window shuts, i reckon we will see new arrivals pretty soon now along with more departures. As for Knocky, i didn't want him to go, im gutted he has, but as i said in the other thread it may have been for Knockys own good, if so then good luck to him, hope it works out well for him.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Just having to keep reminding myself the board and manager know best and care as much if not more than me so won’t want to go down. BUT still no quality striker other than our oap war horse, talk of getting more out of the players that were dog shit last season and an untested manager at this level, its not working and I thenk we are nailed on bottom 3.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just having to keep reminding myself the board and manager know best and care as much if not more than me so won’t want to go down. BUT still no quality striker other than our oap war horse, talk of getting more out of the players that were dog shit last season and an untested manager at this level, its not working and I thank we are nailed on bottom 3.

I think most people on here would agree with that assessment, whether they'd admit it or not, unless we take steps to recruit 3-4 quality players between now and the start of the season.......and I don't mean defenders.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think most people on here would agree with that assessment, whether they'd admit it or not, unless we take steps to recruit 3-4 quality players between now and the start of the season.......and I don't mean defenders.

This.

Potter, or any coach, is only as good as the players at their disposal.

I expect TB will be bringing in quality in the next few days.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This.

Potter, or any coach, is only as good as the players at their disposal.

I expect TB will be bringing in quality in the next few days.

I really do hope so. How I crave the feeling of being excited again by a Brighton performance. It happens far too infrequently.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We played quite well for 35 minutes against Newcastle at home.

That's true. It shows it can be done although Newcastle didn't have much to play for that day as I recall.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here