Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Horrible Incident Southwick Green

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I believe that when someone is raped, the only person to blame is the rapist. You are entitled to your opinion, of course.

Your post read as though the woman shouldn't be out at 2am. Maybe the 'just sayin' led a lot of people to that conclusion.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And this is terrifying. And even more so for those who are in areas where they also need to be mindful of knife and acid attacks.

Stranger rape is, fortunately, very rare. You are far more likely to be raped in your own home, or by someone you know.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I believe that when someone is raped, the only person to blame is the rapist. You are entitled to your opinion, of course.

100% this.

A female (or male) walking alone in a quiet place, might unfortunately be naïve due to the vermin out there, but that person is entirely blameless in every possible way.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't have a wife, I have a husband. Think about it.

Yes, I take care, and try to organise lifts, etc, but what happens if I'm driving and my car breaks down. I'm on my own and have to walk or wait for the RAC.

Or a person out for the night loses their friend, their friend goes off with someone, they lose their money, or don't have the perfect home environment for a kind parent or partner to collect them/meet the cost of a cab for them.

Victims are imperfect, but 100% innocent.

Responsibility for rape lies solely at the door of the cowardly scummer who carries it out.

I'm elated when they get convicted - miserable, scary years ahead in prison, watching their every step. Multiple Karma.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Nobody is saying don't take care, but your original post firmly put the blame on the woman. Just sayin.

Your post read as though the woman shouldn't be out at 2am. Maybe the 'just sayin' led a lot of people to that conclusion.

No, that's how you interpreted the post, possibly out of emotion, as it's obviously an emotive topic.

First and foremost, of course 100% of the fault lies with the criminal.
Anyone SHOULD be able to walk freely and safely any time of day or night, HOWEVER we don't live in a Utopian society.
There are enough criminals and generally terrible people out there, for us to have to take protective measures.

There are many things that we should be able to do, freely and safely. But we mitigate risk and protect ourselves and those close to us.

When my partner goes out, she gets a taxi home and calls/texts as she's getting in the cab. She should be safe and free to come back home without any hassle, but she takes steps to mitigate or reduce risk.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Stranger rape is, fortunately, very rare. You are far more likely to be raped in your own home, or by someone you know.

I'm not sure knowing the person makes it any better?
I believe, statistically, you are also far more likely to be murdered by someone close to you. Which, again, isn't brilliant.

Just sayin? Women should have the freedom to walk by themselves at any time of the day or night. It's almost like you are saying she asked for it.

You really aren't a nice person at all are you.

Putting words like that in somebody's mouth to make your point.

For shame.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_2806.PNG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions