Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
correct.png

Should have just stopped there!:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Rather dubious statement about adding up to six days to transport times if they have to use a ferry. There's not one single ferry route between the European mainland and the UK that takes more than a handful of hours. I get there may be some delays but six days ???

It's also assuming what the new rules will be when nothing has actually been agreed yet.

These are the rules that already operate for non eu exports. The delays being up to six days I doubt is just the added time of a ferry crossing, it's being able to book a wagon on a ferry if they are booked full.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's over exaggerated isn't it, like always. We can send people and cargo up to the ISS, but we can't sort out a streamlined system for goods crossing the channel once we leave.

No customs checks at the ISS though. Anything is possible with enough time and money, how much time and how much money have we got?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm not for one second suggesting it's that simple. Nor have I, as a leaver, ever denied there are problems. But you have highlighted something - we have some leaver posters virtually denying any problems and some remain posters who think none of the problems are solvable ( or that we might be able to live with them ). Reality is somewhere in the middle, some problems will be resolved, some problems will be tolerated and some problems won't be solved. The problem being that you won't get any of the rabid extremists on both sides to admit it.

They are not solvable in the time left to get it organised, if the date and time on the thread title are the deadline. Which is why I don't think it is going to happen, we will still be members after that date one way or another.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If we walk away it will not be a 'no deal'.

In order to get a 'no deal' we will have to implement WTO rules and Tariffs. This would take billions of pounds and extremely long timescales in order to put in place the infrastructure for a 'no deal'.

If nothing is in place to do this (No borders in Ireland, no customs posts, no systems for managing WTO rules and tariffs, lorry parks, staffing, IT systems) then we would really be in 'Project Fear' territory. Realistically, with no method of importing or exporting goods in place, what do you think will happen at every port, airport, NI border, within hours of midnight ?

The EU will get no benefit from seeing us go into some sort of economic meltdown, so there will be an extension on far worse terms. And with 9 months to go, that is the only thing that can possibly happen, unless you know different. There is only so far you can kick cans down the road until they all end up in a big heap :shrug:

And, I have to say, I would expect this from others on here, but i'm surprised that you suggested it. Maybe you've just had a long day :wink:

We could rescind A50, that should leave us in and on the same terms, but it is a bit grey.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Just got in from Dinner and football has finished, so pissed and bored, i'll do my duty and update the tables -

Looks like [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] have made a very good bid to start a new European Super Premier League of Brexiteers, they are so far ahead of the rest :smile:

A change around in Div 1 as Westdene must be very disappointed with his 'if we do nothing, that means its 'no deal' doesn't it ?' post.

Div 1 - We Know what's Happening and it's not good so we'll score our whataboutism points where we can
[MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]

I quite liked GT49ers approach to the Bexiteers border and Trade problem 'I've no idea what to do, so what do you think we should do ?'. Extra points for originality of approach, but still a Brexit problem and maybe lost those gained points when he got International Trade negotiations and Whist mixed up.

Div 2 - JUST GET ON WITH IT (ie I don't know what to do, so just shout GET ON WITH IT!).
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION]
[MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION]
[MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]

Most disappointed with Giraffe. Explained when he first started playing a couple of days ago, that he only had to stay away from outright lies or stupid statements to hold his position in Div 2. Followed it up immediately with 'Norway/Sweden is the answer to the Ireland/NI border issue and my IT bloke says it will work - problem solved - next'. I'm afraid it's definitely Div 3. (Little tip - if you think the answer is really, really easy, you probably haven't understood the question :wink:)

And lastly, Two profs and pastawhatever continue their race to the bottom. Ppf has made a great improvement by simply posting less than usual.

Div 3 - Fantasists (Hard Brexit, No deal is better than a bad deal etc)
[MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]

Good luck over the next few days and it's all still to play for. Don't forget we are presenting our solution on the Border and Trade agreements to the EU on Friday, so there's points to be won :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just got in from Dinner and football has finished, so pissed and bored, i'll do my duty and update the tables -

Looks like [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] have made a very good bid to start a new European Super Premier League of Brexiteers, they are so far ahead of the rest :smile:

A change around in Div 1 as Westdene must be very disappointed with his 'if we do nothing, that means its 'no deal' doesn't it ?' post.

Div 1 - We Know what's Happening and it's not good so we'll score our whataboutism points where we can

I quite liked GT49ers approach to the Bexiteers border and Trade problem 'I've no idea what to do, so what do you think we should do ?'. Extra points for originality of approach, but still a Brexit problem and maybe lost those gained points when he got International Trade negotiations and Whist mixed up.

Div 2 - JUST GET ON WITH IT (ie I don't know what to do, so just shout GET ON WITH IT!).

Most disappointed with Giraffe. Explained when he first started playing a couple of days ago, that he only had to stay away from outright lies or stupid statements to hold his position in Div 2. Followed it up immediately with 'Norway/Sweden is the answer to the Ireland/NI border issue and my IT bloke says it will work - problem solved - next'. I'm afraid it's definitely Div 3. (Little tip - if you think the answer is really, really easy, you probably haven't understood the question :wink:)

And lastly, Two profs and pastawhatever continue their race to the bottom. Ppf has made a great improvement by simply posting less than usual.

Good luck over the next few days and it's all still to play for. Don't forget we are presenting our solution on the Border and Trade agreements to the EU on Friday, so there's points to be won :thumbsup:

The number of Brexiteers seems to be increasing as the fantasists still whining decrease,or given their age demographic,decease.As the real world progresses,it draws attention to their lack of any progress,returning to the same subjects ad nauseam.Perhaps this little titbit might sharpen their focus,or at least slow their progression into senility:

byebye.png

Tick-tock

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Disappointed at not being given a place in any division so will make a late rally.

If we end up getting a bad deal from Brexit then so will the EU and it will be lose/lose. Both sides want to win so it will end in a win/win

Jan 30, 2008
The number of Brexiteers seems to be increasing as the fantasists still whining decrease,or given their age demographic,decease.As the real world progresses,it draws attention to their lack of any progress,returning to the same subjects ad nauseam.Perhaps this little titbit might sharpen their focus,or at least slow their progression into senility:

View attachment 98070

Tick-tock

another nail in the coffin for the last chance saloon brigade on here...…………….. EU R.I.P
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Disappointed at not being given a place in any division so will make a late rally.

If we end up getting a bad deal from Brexit then so will the EU and it will be lose/lose. Both sides want to win so it will end in a win/win
YES, THAT'S 13 BILLION POUNDS GOING IN THE BASKET , who are the lucky winners picking up the tab in the EU :)
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
“There is no Brexit dividend for our industry, particularly in what is an increasingly hostile and protectionist global trading environment. Our message to government is that until it can demonstrate exactly how a new model for customs and trade with the EU can replicate the benefits we currently enjoy, don’t change it,” he said.

The worrying words of the leader of UK car industry (about 850 000 jobs).

It is worrying, its worrying that Mike Hawes has already forgotten there was a referendum.
He wants the government to change its position and remain members of The Customs Union and members of the single market. He seems to forget the government is following the wishes of the Leave vote, who incidentally, won the referendum, of being free from Brussels to strike our own global trade deals and free of the primacy of the ECJ, the regulators of the single market, not to mention the small matter of freedom of movement attached to being in the single market. There are a few blinkered fools out there believing the gov just invented these positions all by itself.
In essence he has forgotten there was a vote to Leave the EU. What a silly sausage.
Awaits first buffoon to say single market membership and global trade outside the customs union were never mentioned, remainers never argued being in the single market was better than being out of it, remainers never said it was better to be in a club negotiating trade deals collectively opposed to going it alone and both issues were not written on the ballot paper so don’t count anyway, or something equally as dumb.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course I accept that most of the political parties, institutions, think-tanks, economists, business-people (UK and European), academics and almost anyone else with half a brain are concerned that Brexit will have some very negative consequences.
I wasnt talking about all the rest. Just the politicians......and "are concerned that Brexit will have some very negative consequences" is naïve in the extreme - they are out to stop it, by fair means or foul, and sod the referendum. At least you vaguely appear to accept this fact, albeit trying to wrap it up in other nuances.

Does this add up to an Establishment conspiracy.
It's certainly the plan, certainly the aim, certainly the target, certainly the goal, certainly their ambition; if that adds up to conspiracy..........

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Immigration rules within the EU.

http://ec.europa.eu/immigration/who...-why-are-there-eu-rules-and-national-rules_en

Exceptions to EU-wide rules

EU-wide immigration rules generally apply in 25 out of the EU’s 28 countries. The following exceptions apply:

Denmark does not apply EU-wide rules which relate to immigration, visa and asylum policies.

Ireland and the United Kingdom choose, on a case-by-case basis, whether or not to adopt EU rules on immigration, visa and asylum policies.

For more information on migration policy in the EU, you can visit the Website of the Directorate General for Migration and Home Affairs of the European Commission.

What do Member States do

Each EU country alone decides:

The total number of migrants that can be admitted to the country to look for work;
All final decisions on migrant applications;
Rules on long-term visas – stays for periods longer than three months; and
Conditions to obtain residence and work permits when no EU-wide rules have been adopted.
Select a country from this map to find up-to-date information on each of the 28 EU countries regarding their national institutional framework, i.e. the competent authorities for immigration, key legal texts, policy plans and statistical studies.

I won't hold my breath waiting for an apology for being told I am a lying turd.

Oh dear. How embarrassing for you. 0/10

Did it escape your notice you were on the Immigration Portal site for rules advice for NON EU nationals seeking to enter the EU from a NON EU country, and NOT the rules applicable to EU nationals that you were hunting out and thought you had found.
The rules pertaining to NON EU nationals are, as you know, not being disputed by you.

No where on that page does it say
“Immigration rules within the EU” as written by you.
You have actually managed to lie to yourself, and alter the wording, as you read the page and copied and pasted it. That’s some going, just so you can read what you want to read.

Did you not notice in the section of that page that you decided not to copy and paste

Common measures to date include:

EU-wide rules that allow citizens of countries outside the EU to work or study in an EU country. They cover specifically individuals who are:

Highly-qualified workers (hyperlink)
Researchers (hyperlink)
Students (hyperlink)
Trainees, school pupils or volunteers (hyperlink)

Intra-corporate transferees
Seasonal workers

EU-wide rules that allow citizens of countries outside the EU who are staying legally in an EU country to bring their non-EU family members to live with them and to become long-term residents.

Did you not see the homepage tab?

Moving to the European Union
Welcome to the EU Immigration Portal. On these pages you can find practical information about coming to work or study in the EU for more than 90 days and on how to join your family in the EU.

Wasn’t “rules on long term visas” “work permits” and talk of migrant quotas contained in the text you did post a bit of a give away that you were in the section for NON EU citizens and not the rules for freedom of movement of EU citizens.? (clearly not)

You clearly missed the tab “what do I need before leaving?” with links to each EU country if migrating to the EU as a NON EU citizen and each countries rules for visa entry requirement on NON EU nationals.

Didn’t the section on the EU Blue Card, the entry permit for NON EU highly qualified nationals into The Schengen Zone, with costs and length of validity for each country, sort of tell you that you were barking up the wrong tree?

Lets try again, we already know we have a quota and a visa entry programme onto non EU citizens for the UK, its called having border controls on non EU citizens.

So again, what EU mechanism permits us as EU members to apply quotas and implement visas onto EU citizens coming here, to take back the necessary permanent control you claim we have always had with regard to EU citizens at our borders ?

I wont hold my breath.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

“Brexit wont happen” fantasist, unstable from realising we are actually leaving, continues to baffle himself shocker………more to follow

You may well have secured league status with that statement.
Depends what sort of mood he is in today of course

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone else who clearly has no idea what's going on

[tweet]1011636382786314240[/tweet]

Jan 30, 2008
a bit like that ex president telling us it would be all doom and gloom if we voted to leave, project fear don't you just love it, do you work for the BBC ?
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here