Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team of Brighton home grown players

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Following the thread about compiling a team of ex Brighton players still playing, l thought l would see if there were sufficient home grown players to make a credible team. We seem pretty good at producing defenders but I'm struggling to remember a prolific home grown centre forward and a reserve gk!

Walton
Harding, Elphick, Dunk, Cox,
Hammond, Barry, Piper,
Towner, McPhee, March

Lynch, El Abd, Cox, Martin, Robinson, Forster-Caskey,

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Joel Lynch, another CB

Edit: missed him in the subs.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Richard Martin and John Sullivan are the only recent home grown goalkeepers who I can think of who managed to play league football elsewhere.

Was Ormatroyd a home grown goalkeeper?

Will packham in goal

Trevor Wood was a scholar at Brighton in the mid-80s. He didn't make a league appearance for Albion but went on to have a league career with Port Vale, Walsall and Hereford. He earned a Northern Ireland cap (he was actually from Jersey) and played in the Champions League (albeit in the preliminary round, for St Patrick's Athletic against Celtic).

And he was ALMOST the goalkeeper that stood between Albion and oblivion on May 3 1997 - he had been signed by Hereford manager Graham Turner from Walsall and played in 19 successive matches, but Turner sprang a surprise and named Andy Debont as 'keeper for the big game - Hereford United 1 ~ Brighton 1: Saturday, May 3, 1997 ~ League Division Three

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Trevor Wood was a scholar at Brighton in the mid-80s. He didn't make a league appearance for Albion but went on to have a league career with Port Vale, Walsall and Hereford. He earned a Northern Ireland cap (he was actually from Jersey) and played in the Champions League (albeit in the preliminary round, for St Patrick's Athletic against Celtic).

And he was ALMOST the goalkeeper that stood between Albion and oblivion on May 3 1997 - he had been signed by Hereford manager Graham Turner from Walsall and played in 19 successive matches, but Turner sprang a surprise and named Andy Debont as 'keeper for the big game - Hereford United 1 ~ Brighton 1: Saturday, May 3, 1997 ~ League Division Three

Ridiculous knowledge :bowdown:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

......and was our goalie when we were the first non London team to win the Southern Floodlit Youth Cup. Trev used to lodge with me and was the nicest guy you will ever meet. He gave my kids one of his international shirts. Last time I saw him he was living in Eastbourne. I don’t know what he is currently doing but he is so modest I shouldn’t think his workmates even know he was an international footballer.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Dreadful footballer

Virgo

Ginger Prince. He was bloody good for us under Coppell, I remember because it surprised me, bit meh the rest of his career, but one of the few that looked like he belonged in the Championship that season, or whatever it was called then.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here