Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
FFS, talkSHITE is now running an 'Lewis Dunk going to Leicester for £45m proves that the transfer market has gone mad' thread, ignoring the fact(s) that it hasn't happened, there's no evidence that it will happen, he'd cost more than that, and that he's a good player. The presenter admitted at one point that he hadn't really seen that much of Dunk but was still prepared to dismiss him as a potential £40m+ player..

All this proves to me is that afternoon talk radio is a load of rubbish. But then it always was.

To be fair, on a Tuesday in July I would expect talkshite to be running a whole afternoon phone in on whether one moderate player in a lower end premier league side is worth the money rumoured to be rumoured. Eff all else to talk about, and only mouth-breathers listening, anyway. Win-win.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This report that Leicester dont think Dunk or Tarkowski represent VFM just seems like tit for tat to me, yesterday a report from Andy Naylor suggested that if Leicester were to make a bid for Dunk, it would have to be more than the £40-45 million being quoted therefore pushing the price up not just for Dunk but probably Tarkowski too.

Today we get this apparently from Brendan Rogers, who i doubt has any more say in fees than any other manager in football these days, in what just sounds like an attempt to bring the price down again.

Ironically though, it is as much their greed over the Maguire fee to United or City, that is driving the other fees up, you want Dunk for £25 mill, sell Maguire for £35 mill, because that is the deal that will set the standard.

The point that is missed is that we are under no obligation to give Leicester Value For Money.

In fact, it is the opposite. They need to give us an Offer We Can't Refuse.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sky just showed Maguire getting off the coach for their friendly at Scunthorpe tonight

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The point that is missed is that we are under no obligation to give Leicester Value For Money.

In fact, it is the opposite. They need to give us an Offer We Can't Refuse.

Absolutely, i'm glad im not negotiating this deal because for me, the Dunk Duffy partnership is one of the main reasons we get over £100 million per year, so i'd scupper the deal for Bloom completely, you want to break the world record Leicester? Well guess what Dunk is worth more than that to us so cough up everything yor getting for Maguire, and then some.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surprised that you of all people listen to that shite. You’re too intelligent.

I'm a big fan of Max and Barry.
Max's itinerary for the show popped up on my twitter feed, so I gave it a whirl.

But you are correct I'm far too intelligent for TalkSport so I didn't last long.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
And you listen to that shit ?

It was on in the car because I'd been listening to Hawksbee and Jacobs and when the next programme came on I had failed to react as quickly as I would to, say, the Archers theme in reaching for the off switch. And of course, once I'd heard the magic word 'Dunk' I had to keep listening for a bit ...

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
No. The one person who we haven’t heard anything from is Dunk...which in and of itself should tell you something... What I am led to believe is that the Maguire - Man Utd discussion came up during the last window and Leicester opened a channel to us after Rodgers got in place.

The view there was that Lewis was the perfect replacement IF Maguire elected to go and IF United met their price.

Lewis indicated that he would consider a move and TB indicated how much money we would accept.

Until now all we know is that Harry wants to go and Leicester have refused to sell him cheap. To an extent that is the whole deal. Lewis would take the transfer and TB has agreed a price. Leicester have to meet that price for our best defender since Lawrenson. So...again...Maguire deal goes ahead, Lewis goes.

It ain’t that complicated.

So according to you “insider” knowledge things have gone as far as discussions between the club and TB agreeing a price?

But according to Naylors source within the club there hasn’t even been any contact between the two clubs?

Well, someone’s got their info very wrong???

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So according to you “insider” knowledge things have gone as far as discussions between the club and TB agreeing a price?

But according to Naylors source within the club there hasn’t even been any contact between the two clubs?

Well, someone’s got their info very wrong???

BH is talking absolute sh1te. It is utter bolleaux again today proven to be so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
A conditional offer was put forward and rejected. No idea why Naylor is claiming zero contact to date, unless he is playing with word semantics, or in return for his privileged contact access to Club he has been asked to chuck out a smokescreen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A conditional offer was put forward and rejected. No idea why Naylor is claiming zero contact to date, unless he is playing with word semantics, or in return for his privileged contact access to Club he has been asked to chuck out a smokescreen.
Surely Naylor "retires" this week? Would seem to prove what we've always suspected. He "knows" sweet FA!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
It was on in the car because I'd been listening to Hawksbee and Jacobs and when the next programme came on I had failed to react as quickly as I would to, say, the Archers theme in reaching for the off switch. And of course, once I'd heard the magic word 'Dunk' I had to keep listening for a bit ...

Not fantastic, but we'll accept that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Dan Ashworth said it, so Andy Naylor is repeating it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here