Steve Bruce
Alan Pardew
Ian Holloway
Colin Wanker
Steve McClaren
Sam Allardyce
Roy Hodgson
Tony Pulis

All either boring or shit, and all seems to endlessly land jobs around bottom end Prem/top half Champ. Glad we've never gone near any of them.

What about Mark "it was the ref's fault" Hughes?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What about Mark "it was the ref's fault" Hughes?

Knew I'd forgotten another.

Tim Sherwood is on the Waiting List to join this list of BSDs (Boring/Shit/Dinosaurs).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That list is longer;

David Moyes
Steve Bruce
Alan Pardew
Ian Holloway
Colin Wanker
Steve McClaren
Sam Allardyce
Roy Hodgson
Tony Pulis
Mark Hughes

All either boring or shit, and all seems to endlessly land jobs around bottom end Prem/top half Champ. Glad we've never gone near any of them.

Yet people still disagree with the Rooney Rule.
Owners of football clubs, up and down the country, only have themselves to blame.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Big Heck has said today he would be willing to talk to Newcastle although they've not yet made any contact with him.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
03C4F94D-66AC-45E8-9794-D3F55DCBA50A.jpeg

He’s on the way.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As an aside, Wednesday [emoji23] fans up here are NOT happy about these rumours. Which is funny.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Having a look at Newcastle Uniteds’ e-magazine the, imaginatively titled, “Mag”...I can tell you they ARE’NT impressed with the idea of Bruce as successor to Rafa.

This should be interesting.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
but at least our chairman is making SOME sort of effort to push us away from just being a team 'happy to survive'.

QUOTE]

Yet we finished below them again for the third season in a row, (and probably many more than that). I just think that Bloom and the other chairmen in the bottom half of the division aren't that different to Ashley. I love Tony, but you can't say his spending is designed to fire us into the top half of the league. To do that, we would have to be genuinely competing with the likes of Everton, Leicester, West Ham and Wolves in the transfer market. We're not and neither is Ashley or any of the other owners from about Watford down. I don't see how Bloom or Ashley's approach is much different, except Bloom's strategy is relatively high transfer fees and relatively low wages, and Ashley's is relatively low transfer fees and relatively high wages. Both strategies prioritise survival and at best incremental progress.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having a look at Newcastle Uniteds’ e-magazine the, imaginatively titled, “Mag”...I can tell you they ARE’NT impressed with the idea of Bruce as successor to Rafa.

This should be interesting.

What are they going to do about it:-

Buy a season ticket.
Buy a replica shirt.
Buy beer and pies.
Buy cheap trackies from Sport Direct.
Have a protest march from a local pub to SJP at 14:30.

That'll learn him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't see how Bloom or Ashley's approach is much different, except Bloom's strategy is relatively high transfer fees and relatively low wages, and Ashley's is relatively low transfer fees and relatively high wages. Both strategies prioritise survival and at best incremental progress.

Brighton's average first team pay in 2018-19 = £1,695,040
Newcastle's average first team pay in 2018-19 = £1,650,133

Newcastle transfers in Summer 2018-19 = £32m
Brighton's transfers in Summer 2018-19 = £79.52m

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brighton's average first team pay in 2018-19 = £1,695,040
Newcastle's average first team pay in 2018-19 = £1,650,133

Newcastle transfers in Summer 2018-19 = £32m
Brighton's transfers in Summer 2018-19 = £79.52m

You keep saying this and I (we) keep pointing out they always finish above us and have been a Premier League side for 8 out of the last 10 seasons.

You seem to be confusing Newcastle fans expectations with the real world.
A battle that only has one winner.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You keep saying this and I (we) keep pointing out they always finish above us and have been a Premier League side for 8 out of the last 10 seasons.

You seem to be confusing Newcastle fans expectations with the real world.
A battle that only has one winner.

And i will ask again, what should the expectation be of the 8th highest ranking club (financially)? Finishing above brighton who came up from league one over the same time? Brilliant.

I feel the defence of ashley is a way of sniping at newcastle fans. I dont feel SORRY for them. They have a club, many fans almost/do lose their club. However, i COMPLETELY get their frustrations. They have been relegated TWICE under their owner and had some truly horrific managers (carver, kinnear etc). I really think the loss of rafa plus another season of ashley barely spending in comparison to others will cost them. Again, feel free to bounce this but rafa covered up the cracks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And i will ask again, what should the expectation be of the 8th highest ranking club (financially)? Finishing above brighton who came up from league one over the same time? Brilliant.

I feel the defence of ashley is a way of sniping at newcastle fans. I dont feel SORRY for them. They have a club, many fans almost/do lose their club. However, i COMPLETELY get their frustrations. They have been relegated TWICE under their owner and had some truly horrific managers (carver, kinnear etc). I really think the loss of rafa plus another season of ashley barely spending in comparison to others will cost them. Again, feel free to bounce this but rafa covered up the cracks

Sunderland have also been relegated twice.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

The fact that they have been relegated twice and they are in the top division sort of means that they have been promoted at least twice as well. Its not as if they have been in the top division for their entire history or have a past which has always been laden with silverware. Mid table in the top division is above their historic average finish.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You could make it up :lol:

[tweet]1149214002343567360[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Bruce rumour seems to be getting the Toon fans excited. Hometown hero, with a proven track record wherever he’s been of getting clubs into the PL and keeping them there. The last thing we need is a reinvigorated Newcastle United next season.

Top work, Crodo. Just like our hometown hero, Gareth Barry :lolol:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The lack of imagination in hiring managers in this country! We should introduce the BAP rule that says none of Bruce, Alardyce, or Pardew can be interviewed for any managerial position in the top two leagues, and if David Moyes' surname had not been Moyes and had begun with an 'S' I would have included him as well.

Agreed. It is depressing how the same old tedious names, tedious people with their tedious rhetoric and tedious suits are dragged out of their
boxes to talk the same boll*x, time after time, before ultimately failing again and being forced back in their box with a few mill in their back pocket. Has
football really come to this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here