Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danish Defender signs

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Good old NSC. Just sitting here discussing with my husband how long it would take for the predictably tedious old farts to say their penny's worth, and was not let down in the slightest. I wonder if same tedious old farts could be given their own "special" thread on which to go and grumble to their heart's content. Anyway, back to the main subject, hopefully a good signing, very much looking forward to next season. Would just like to think some if not all of the games could be brought closer to home than Crawley. A good question to ask at the forum if anyone here's going and wouldn't mind asking if any plans are afoot. Ta.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Hopefully there will be many more signings for the Womens team to follow as the competition is going to be even tougher this year. Spurs have signed 7 players this week as they look to start their first season in the Womens Super League, and Man Utd are ploughing a lot of money into their squad too.

In Bloom and Powell we trust!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good old NSC. Just sitting here discussing with my husband how long it would take for the predictably tedious old farts to say their penny's worth, and was not let down in the slightest. I wonder if same tedious old farts could be given their own "special" thread on which to go and grumble to their heart's content. Anyway, back to the main subject, hopefully a good signing, very much looking forward to next season. Would just like to think some if not all of the games could be brought closer to home than Crawley. A good question to ask at the forum if anyone here's going and wouldn't mind asking if any plans are afoot. Ta.

Having watched the WWC, including most of the non-England games, I'm now developing a curiosity about the Albion women. Although the OP post was cheeky clickbait I had already seen the announcement in my email inbox and was already thinking 'great, we are hopefully going for it this season (etc etc)'.

I hope we get more threads on NSC on the women's game this season. There, I said it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just checked the email, and albion are still doubling down on their strategy of clickbait email titles.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good old NSC. Just sitting here discussing with my husband how long it would take for the predictably tedious old farts to say their penny's worth, and was not let down in the slightest. I wonder if same tedious old farts could be given their own "special" thread on which to go and grumble to their heart's content.

It's pretty poor behaviour, it's the sort of attitude that's holding back the women's game. For women's football to improve, really improve, there needs to be a complete change of mindset throughout society - that's football authorities, schools (half of all primary schools don't offer football to girls), teachers, retailers (let's see an end to 'boys football boots'), coaches, the media and football fans. People on here moan about low skills levels - although from what I've seen in this WC, the players are pretty good - and low attendances but it won't change in isolation, it's not just a football issue.

There was a piece in the Guardian this week that pointed out the US had 17 times the number of female players that England did (that's about three times when taking into account population sizes). They also have more coaches and, crucially, a regulation that says that any school or college funding a men's team must spend exactly the same amount on a women's team. It's this sort of mindset that makes the US world champions year after year.

And if we're to develop a similar mindset, fans must stop having a fit of vapours every time a reference is made to football or a footballer and it's a woman.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Good old NSC. Just sitting here discussing with my husband how long it would take for the predictably tedious old farts to say their penny's worth, and was not let down in the slightest. I wonder if same tedious old farts could be given their own "special" thread on which to go and grumble to their heart's content.

The thread title is misleading, no mention of a signing for the women's team, The old farts ( me included ) :) wouldn't bother opening the thread or commenting if women's team was mentioned.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why don't you go and post something similar on the cricket threads, or cycling threads, or threads about other football teams - or is out just women's football that gets your goat?
Because 'Albion' have signed does not mean the real Albion, you know the one we like to talk about and go to watch every other week.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I’m more than certain if during the discussion with your husband you asked him what you’d just said he’d crash and burn, you women can multi task us blokes can tune out.....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why are you asking a question and then answering it yourself?

Do BHA regard the men and women's teams as equal? You are mistaken if you think so.

But what they're doing is accepting they should be equal and moving towards a future where they are equal. Which is what many people seem to be railing against. Understandable that the mens team has more attention right now, but some people are getting angry that that status quo is even being challenged.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So you don't think the women should ever be considered equal? Understood.

What a load of horse shit, of course they’re equal, stop getting high and mighty, two different teams, this site was born long before we had a ladies team so when a troll dumps a thread and doesn’t differentiate then us that ain’t interested won’t open up!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So you don't think the women should ever be considered equal? Understood.

What claptrap are you force-feeding us now..

You want to enforce equal outcome regardless of entertainment value do you? Dangerous one that, but I guess we're headed that way.

Anybody in marketing knows this little trick is to make sure there is enough click-through as to not produce unpalatable statistics. ie. it is clickbait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here