Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
they could have hatched out the plot and been summoned to the next door neighbours house when they knew he was in there then 1 left and walked down the road as if a passer by. It is strange that they recorded the shouting, I dont think many would have certainty not me or any of my family the only recordings we have is pre empted. and done deliberately..

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

for F U C K S sake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm even more confused now.

So, we've put to bed the theory that it was all made up to discredit Johnson, given that there is a sound recording of his partner screaming 'get off me' whilst Johnson shouts abuse at her?

We've established that there were three independent witnesses each of whom called the police out of fear for the woman's safety?

Just in case I have misunderstood, is your explanation for all that REALLY that 'Labour supporters' were sat waiting, day and night (including in the street outside the flats) just in case there was a domestic incident they could report, for political gain?

You do understand how fake-news-rebuttal works, right? No matter the nature or extent of the evidence, the only thing that matters is one's own opinion. If you* thinks Boris is what the counry needs then by definition there must be a reasonable explanation for what is alleged, the most simply of which is that his enemies are obviously making it all up. Simple. :shrug:

*If you are also a person who Knows His Place, or is a thuder******* cockweasel, or both. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As PM he'll be able to structure PMQs as he wants. Not so long ago it was 2 half-hour sessions on (I think) Tues and Thurs. Who's to say he doesn't decide to do it all by email or What's App? He could then get The Speaker to read out the Q&As instead of having to appear in the House. Unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past him trying it on.

Indeed. He could even use Tinder.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
they could have hatched out the plot and been summoned to the next door neighbours house when they knew he was in there then 1 left and walked down the road as if a passer by. It is strange that they recorded the shouting, I dont think many would have certainty not me or any of my family the only recordings we have is pre empted. and done deliberately..

I think it's pretty clear that Carrie Symonds is a Marxist stooge. Having predicted Bojo's rise, she nabbed a job at Tory HQ back in 2009 and proceeded to worm her way into his life. Last week was the culmination of years of planning. Poor Boris was sucked into an argument, unaware that Symond's commie mates lay in wait, ready to sabotage him and Brexit.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Screenshot_20190624-181142.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it's pretty clear that Carrie Symonds is a Marxist stooge. Having predicted Bojo's rise, she nabbed a job at Tory HQ back in 2009 and proceeded to worm her way into his life. Last week was the culmination of years of planning. Poor Boris was sucked into an argument, unaware that Symond's commie mates lay in wait, ready to sabotage him and Brexit.

I can think of at least ten regular NSC posters who would have been nodding, sagely, reading that :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Many years ago, a lot of noise started emanating from my next door neighbours ( who have a colourful relationship ) house. It was late on a Sunday night, about midnight in the heat of the summer, a bit like now, so all the locals in this road of small terraced houses had their bedroom and bathroom windows open in order to try to cool down.

It started with a furious knocking on the front door which did not subside for a good ten minutes, shouts of " let me in !" then " ****ing let me in ! " were given the riposte " **** Off ! " and then " **** of you C@@@ ! " it suddenly stopped but a few minutes later the husband had gone around the block and was now banging on the back gate and shouting " ****ing let me in ! "... similar " C" word replies came in abundance.... the husband then found a brick or a large stone in the back alley and began hammering on the gate for all his worth.

This went on for about 15 minutes until he stopped hammering and tried climbing the back wall with great difficulty, as he climbed the Mrs was shouting absolute dogs abuse at him, a full spectrum of Anglo Saxon expletives.... eventually he fell in to the garden and limped to the back door where he banged on the glass back door for about 5 minutes before his mrs eventually relented and let him in.

I think It's fair to say that the residents of about 10 houses on each side of the alleyway had been woken up and I could see many shadows at windows opposite listening in the darkness as turning a light on would have probably received a " What the **** are you looking at ? "..... when it all subsided I think we all put it down to " One of those Things " and had a bit of a laugh about it.

But, if that had happened again or, on a regular basis I would have certainly have tried to tape the disturbance and reported it to the Police. Given that this sort or argument appears to have happened a few times before between Boris and his GF I can fully sympathise with the neighbours and their action. I'm quite sure if you had this situation close to your house you would do the same BG.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

You win ! I bet myself that nobody could put together a more pointless sucker argument on NSC today , than find me somewhere else to stop for breakfast, the place I usually stop serves brioche buns with their burgers!

Knowing full well in your inimitable way that no matter what anyone else suggested, you were still going to go and do whatever came into your head.

Let me tell you now, you are right it could have happened exactly as you say and no one can deny it and I agree in their shoes, you most certainly would not have recorded it, at least not without coming on NSC first to ask some advice on which cable to use, before as usual going off and doing your own thing.

Thanks

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

That is eminently feasible.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I heard an anecdote today from someone who once beat Johnson in a one-on-one electoral battle. It was a battle to be the President of the Oxford Union. Two interesting things

1. the guy said his triumph as based on Johnson's shambolic and lazy campaigning style;

2. the next year Johnson won (against different opposition) . The key to his victory was that whereas in the year he lost he campaigned as a being from hard-right, the following year - in line with voters - he transformed himself (or pretended to) into something of a Centrist.

Opportunism on 2 legs it seems is a constant in the Boris narrative.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I heard an anecdote today from someone who once beat Johnson in a one-on-one electoral battle. It was a battle to be the President of the Oxford Union. Two interesting things

1. the guy said his triumph as based on Johnson's shambolic and lazy campaigning style;

2. the next year Johnson won (against different opposition) . The key to his victory was that whereas in the year he lost he campaigned as a being from hard-right, the following year - in line with voters - he transformed himself (or pretended to) into something of a Centrist.

Opportunism on 2 legs it seems is a constant in the Boris narrative.

Yes, I heard that interview too. He said Boris did not campaign that well or that often and that he did not have a clear idea of what he was standing for ! However, somehow he has had opportunities presented to him not because of what he achieves but because of who he is it seems.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

More likely they re-programmed their Alexa to listen for raised voices, and to automatically record and send it to the Guardian.

(ie. not very likely)

Edit: no doubt the other people used Siri and Google Assistant, just to prove they weren't together.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I heard that interview too. He said Boris did not campaign that well or that often and that he did not have a clear idea of what he was standing for ! However, somehow he has had opportunities presented to him not because of what he achieves but because of who he is it seems.

You mean that a civil servant could whisper in his ear that revoking Article 50 would make him very popular with 57% of the British public, he'd do it?
Where's Sir Humphrey when you need him?
Yes Prime Minister.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho

Peter Sellers.
Cluseau esque

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Tory party has destroyed this country. They should never be forgiven by anyone within living memory of Brexit so that basically around 2116 that people should listen to them again. Until then vote, er, um, hmm, let’s have a look then...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This is one of my favourite ever posts in the history of NSC. One of the funniest things I’ve ever read. Genuinely. Gold.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

CASE CLOSED

bigstock_Judge_Using_His_Gavel_Large.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here