Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] European Parliament Elections (23rd May 2019)

Who will you be voting for in the upcoming EU elections?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's quite an accusation. I presume you have proof.

As I said before, I was demonstrating outside the Brighton centre, and many LibDems (including those in Brighton & Hove) were apologising for their fellow politicians in Lewes.

And how do you think local party costs are funded ? Equally Baker would obviously have central party backing as an MP ! The point I was also making was that you decide to highlight, via a tweet ( how suprising ! ) that the Brexit Party leadership can't be decided by members yet fail to point out the same is the case for Change UK which you've chosen not to mention, probably because they are pro-remain. Not balanced at all. It was nothing to do with who you planned to vote for. But of course we know you're so anti-Brexit that balance matters not to you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And how do you think local party costs are funded ? Equally Baker would obviously have central party backing as an MP ! The point I was also making was that you decide to highlight, via a tweet ( how suprising ! ) that the Brexit Party leadership can't be decided by members yet fail to point out the same is the case for Change UK which you've chosen not to mention, probably because they are pro-remain. Not balanced at all. It was nothing to do with who you planned to vote for. But of course we know you're so anti-Brexit that balance matters not to you.

Your post is so balanced with Of course, Obviously and probably. It all sounds very good until you look more carefully. Balanced my eye.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I'll be voting for the only party that has sensible policies on the most important issues. And the only party that actually HAS policies that half the party doesn't disagree with.

So that'll be the Lib Dems. Again.

I'm not sure how anyone can vote Tory or Labour at the moment. What would you actually be voting for?

As for the Pound Shorting Shyster, he's just loving the fact that he gets to build his part again. If Brexit ever actually happened he'd be screwed. Name calling it may be, but anyone who votes for Farage is really, REALLY stupid. Here's some snake oil to go with your Brexit Party vote. Sucker....

Nigal gave us the opportunity to vote to leave Europe which we did and won,so happy to leave things to him to ensure we do

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Apart from all the slanging and arguments above, I will now be away on election day. How do I get a postal vote organised during next week?
See here: https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/council-and-democracy/voting-and-elections/plan-ahead-voting

Oh - I see I'm late with the news. In a way it's good to see more interest in these elections than the last time. Pity the EU parliament is such an expensive and (mostly) useless body.

If they could:
  • Propose their own laws
  • Were able to repeal laws
  • Were able to amend laws without EU Council control
  • Had a single location
  • Could sack individual commissioners
  • Reduced their expenses (daily attendance allowance etc)
  • And be more than just a rubber-stamping exercise
then I would feel it would be more useful. As it is, I'm not sure it makes any difference who is elected. Maybe having people expensively there asking questions and causing a fuss gets something changed with EU legislation, but I'm not convinced.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here