NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
meme.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm not trying to argue with you, just establish the facts. Some Christians still believe the Bible is the actual word of god. Most, I think, don't.

That may have been true for Christians too at one point. Things change. Islam may need to change.

I'm not arguing either. You asked a question when you seem to be an expert in this field already.

Your question was: "If you believe the bible is truly the word of god, then why the hell shouldn't Christians still do those things?"

I gave you the current answer:

The Old and New Testament are inspired by God but written by man. The Quran is Allah’s exact words and where the Quran gives a different detail to a story they will say it’s because the Bibles have been corrupted by man and the Quran has come to correct it.

Then I am told this is not correct and you shuffled back in the past tense?: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ondon-bridge&p=7967067&viewfull=1#post7967067

I would say that if you already think you have the answer to things then why ask a question? And why change the context of the question later?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not arguing either. You asked a question when you seem to be an expert in this field already.

Your question was: "If you believe the bible is truly the word of god, then why the hell shouldn't Christians still do those things?"
:lol: It was your question!: "How do Christians get around this problem?"
I replied that it was a good question, and I rephrased your question.

I gave you the current answer:

Then I am told this is not correct
Because not everyone agrees that the Bible is inspired by God but written by man.

I would say that if you already think you have the answer to things then why ask a question?
You're the pot calling the kettle black, given that it was your question in the first place, that you're now claiming to have answered.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley says Butt was known to the security services, but there was no evidence of "attack planning".

18:05
BREAKING: Two of the attackers have been named by Scotland Yard as Khuram Shazad Butt and Rachid Redouane.

Both are from Barking, east London.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
:lol: It was your question!: "How do Christians get around this problem?"
I replied that it was a good question, and I rephrased your question.

Because not everyone agrees that the Bible is inspired by God but written by man.

You're the pot calling the kettle black, given that it was your question in the first place, that you're now claiming to have answered.

My unadulterated question was "How do Christians get around this problem?" and it was to DavidinSouthampton, who is Christian.

Your question to me was "If you believe the bible is truly the word of god, then why the hell shouldn't Christians still do those things?"

I dispute strongly that tthe questions are the same, but I gave you the current Christian answer :)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
BBC reporting that one of the terrorists was on 'Jihadis next door.' I've just watched the clip they showed of this group unfurling an ISIS flag and praying to it in a public park. It is very troubling that this is allowed in our country. Something does need to change.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Romanian baker and Spanish banker among heroes

Romanian baker Florin Morariu is one of a number of people who put their safety at risk to help others during the attack on London Bridge, which left seven people dead and 48 injured.
After seeing a commotion outside Borough Market's Bread Ahead bakery, where he works, he invited some distressed Brazilian women inside and gave them a glass of water.

When they told him that three men were stabbing people in the market, he headed outside with two crates to tackle the attackers.
Speaking to the Victoria Derbyshire show, he said: "I felt pity for the victims, I didn't know how to handle things or react, I thought to myself I'm also in danger.
"I just threw the crate at [one of the attackers].

"I threw the first crate and I knew he was going to dodge it. While he was dodging it, I walked towards him and hit him in the head with the other crate."
He said a policeman then shouted at him to stand back, before discharging a grenade.

An off-duty policeman - an amateur rugby player - was stabbed after tackling one of the three attackers. He remains in critical condition.
Met Police commissioner Cressida Dick praised the "utterly heroic" actions of the officer, who was taken to hospital in a police car.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40149836

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
BBC reporting that one of the terrorists was on 'Jihadis next door.' I've just watched the clip they showed of this group unfurling an ISIS flag and praying to it in a public park. It is very troubling that this is allowed in our country. Something does need to change.

I wonder which one it is? I know one of them, the Indian convert, went to Syria.:

https://youtu.be/VNGRpKwIAwE

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My unadulterated question was "How do Christians get around this problem?" and it was to DavidinSouthampton, who is Christian.

Your question to me was "If you believe the bible is truly the word of god, then why the hell shouldn't Christians still do those things?"

I dispute strongly that tthe questions are the same
I gave your question the thumbs up and said it was a good question, as that's what I thought it meant. What did it mean then?

but I gave you the current Christian answer :)
But as I say, not all Christians are the same. Some still do believe the bible is the word of god.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
And in some places, the equivalent of signing your own death note.

Those places you refer to are the entire world. The apostasy death sentence applies to every single Muslim and remains as a immutable directive from Allah (via the prophet) which even the Muslim Council of Great Britain and equally "moderate" mainstream Imams refuse to remove from the obligations of UK Muslims.

It is a core tenet of the faith and exemplifies the deep seated fear which exists within their church. Any religion that threatens death for anyone who decides to exercise free will and leave the faith for whatever reason. I listened to Majid Nawaz (the single most interesting British Muslim...catch him on LBC) ex jihadi and now fierce critic of fundamentalism on this subject he was affirming that this terrified him when he started to challenge the fanatics. He still has armed security after being accused of apostasy.

The fact is that there are many ex Muslims of high profile in safe houses all over Europe living in terror because of apostasy allegations.

There is something rotten about a belief that threatens death for anyone daring to quit from it. Imagine Jason Welby or the pope issuing fatwas against Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If you seriously believe in a religion in this day and age in a western country, you need to have a long hard look at yourself.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I gave your question the thumbs up and said it was a good question, as that's what I thought it meant. What did it mean then?

But as I say, not all Christians are the same. Some still do believe the bible is the word of god.

It was a good question and is why I asked DavidSouthampton, a Christian, and still waiting to find out. But it was in context of the Moses Genocide not whether it was inspired by or the word of God.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Those places you refer to are the entire world. The apostasy death sentence applies to every single Muslim and remains as a immutable directive from Allah (via the prophet) which even the Muslim Council of Great Britain and equally "moderate" mainstream Imams refuse to remove from the obligations of UK Muslims.
Maybe this is an example of an area that that we need to look at regarding the laws of this country.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Romanian baker and Spanish banker among heroes

Romanian baker Florin Morariu is one of a number of people who put their safety at risk to help others during the attack on London Bridge, which left seven people dead and 48 injured.
After seeing a commotion outside Borough Market's Bread Ahead bakery, where he works, he invited some distressed Brazilian women inside and gave them a glass of water.

When they told him that three men were stabbing people in the market, he headed outside with two crates to tackle the attackers.
Speaking to the Victoria Derbyshire show, he said: "I felt pity for the victims, I didn't know how to handle things or react, I thought to myself I'm also in danger.
"I just threw the crate at [one of the attackers].

"I threw the first crate and I knew he was going to dodge it. While he was dodging it, I walked towards him and hit him in the head with the other crate."
He said a policeman then shouted at him to stand back, before discharging a grenade.

An off-duty policeman - an amateur rugby player - was stabbed after tackling one of the three attackers. He remains in critical condition.
Met Police commissioner Cressida Dick praised the "utterly heroic" actions of the officer, who was taken to hospital in a police car.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40149836

I don't mind admitting that I shed a few tears when I read that earlier. That Romanian and the others cited are truly heroic and deserve recognition.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
If you seriously believe in a religion in this day and age in a western country, you need to have a long hard look at yourself.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I don't label myself to any religion, but I do like the concepts and philosophy of buddhism, hinduism and other eastern schools of thought that are regarded as religions. There are now hundreds of published studies on scientific journals that show the benefits of yoga, meditation, mindfulness etc on the mind and body. Also buddhist leaders are all for adapting buddhism to modernity (what is shown to be true and not true by science). I know what you mean though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here