Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 good things about non-league football

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Ok i don't go often in fact last night is the first time i have been to a non-league ground apart from Crawley.

Well i just had to go and see the Daggers play the O's as now i'm local and i thought they had a real chance of pulling off a 1-0 shock win.

Just goes to show what do i know about footy. The Daggers played Orient off the park!

It was a joy to watch!

so here are the 5

1. £9 to get in

2. Stand where you want

3. Burger and Large chips £2

4. No golden goal

5. Daggers 4 Orient 1

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
7. Some of the players are those that you went to school with, they thought they'd make it big in the football world and were arrogant tossers! Know they earn less than me and are part time labourers!

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
the right footed denilson said:
6. some of the players are fatter than u

you haven't met me?:eek:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I cover a lot of non league footie for my sins and there are plenty of bad points too

1 - the football can be absolute dire

2 - the refereeing makes u want to smack the man in the middle

3 - pisspoor crowds and lack of atmosphere

4 - the weirdos that go to these games, went to one on Tuesday and there was a guy who looked completely normal sitting a few rows away from me, then all of a sudden i hear in a high pitched voice, come on lads this is f***ing rubbish, and for the rest of the half all he said was oh no f***ing rubbish in his whiney squeak.
Just before halftime a cat ran into the stand and he ran off after it, mental :nono:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Beeneys gloves said:
I cover a lot of non league footie for my sins and there are plenty of bad points too

1 - the football can be absolute dire

2 - the refereeing makes u want to smack the man in the middle

3 - pisspoor crowds and lack of atmosphere

4 - the weirdos that go to these games, went to one on Tuesday and there was a guy who looked completely normal sitting a few rows away from me, then all of a sudden i hear in a high pitched voice, come on lads this is f***ing rubbish, and for the rest of the half all he said was oh no f***ing rubbish in his whiney squeak.
Just before halftime a cat ran into the stand and he ran off after it, mental :nono:

were you at a nuthouse?

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Beeneys gloves said:
Unfortunately not, Banstead v Egham, official attendance 41, dont ask me why :nono:

why?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
On more than one occasion I have gone to see Worthing play, either because we are a long way away (wife works Sat morning so long away trips are usually a no-no because of the kids) or a nearby away game is sold out. Its great. This season there are 4 ex-albion players in the line-up, it's only six quid to get in and you can get a beer at half time. OK the football is not that good but it's better than going shopping. I also know that there's a few other Albionites there because the roar that went up when we took the lead at Ipswich last season was too loud to just be Worthing supporters

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
None of our other local teams were playing that day so I drew the short straw and found myself freezing me nuts off at Merland Rise, 5-1 to Banstead though 3 goals for James Greenaway and 2 for Stuart White, (why im telling u that I have no idea)

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Beeneys gloves said:
None of our other local teams were playing that day so I drew the short straw and found myself freezing me nuts off at Merland Rise, 5-1 to Banstead though 3 goals for James Greenaway and 2 for Stuart White, (why im telling u that I have no idea)

you seem to know all about them! do you wear an anorak?:lolol:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Sometimes even two depending on the chill of the night!

At least Worthing is a slightly more normal club to go to, there are some real dregs of society who attend these games.

Banstead did have Robert Codner playing for them last season - all right enough about them now

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Beeneys gloves said:
Sometimes even two depending on the chill of the night!

At least Worthing is a slightly more normal club to go to, there are some real dregs of society who attend these games.

Banstead did have Robert Codner playing for them last season - all right enough about them now

Thanks its been fun :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here