Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No not exactly rocket science. We've spent what? 180 million?

Spending money doesnt magically build a team over night.

The £20 million Maupay cost dont magically make him immediatly synchronized with his teammates & completely knowing of every aspect of Potter's tactical ideas. You pay money for the individual talent but no money in the world will make your team a "finished product" from day 1.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
loving the football but with a 36 year old main striker, a youth team kid (albeit a talented one) and Maupay as our strike force, and the usual zero goals from midfield, we are are going to struggle imho.

I think the youth team kid is going to get the goals we need.
Potter is easing him in...a lot quicker than a defensive minded manager would though.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

The £20 million Maupay cost dont magically make him immediatly synchronized with his teammates & completely knowing of every aspect of Potter's tactical ideas. You pay money for the individual talent but no money in the world will make your team a "finished product" from day 1.
Of course, but paying £20 million for a player who scored 20+ last year means you expect him to get at least one shot on target. Purely devils advocate, but you get my point. Why will he become a better finisher in 6 months time?

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This all day long. Everton have spent £450m on their current squad and are shite.

D

Deleted member 2719

Of course, but paying £20 million for a player who scored 20+ last year means you expect him to get at least one shot on target. Purely devils advocate, but you get my point. Why will he become a better finisher in 6 months time?

He did get at least 1 shot on target???
From a tight angle the keeper didn't deal with it properly and they got away with.

D

Deleted member 2719

He did. Apologies. He is also a good looking player. Better than Andone? Probably not, but Andone is a headcase.
From what I keep hearing Potter goes on attitude and talent on the training field, maybe why knocky and Andone temperaments just didn't fit in and why the door was opened quickly for them.
I believe he will score 12 + this season and 15 + next. Fingers crossed!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
From what I keep hearing Potter goes on attitude and talent on the training field, maybe why knocky and Andone temperaments just didn't fit in and why the door was opened quickly for them.
I believe he will score 12 + this season and 15 + next. Fingers crossed!

He has to- that's what Murray scored.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The formation and game plan is perfect almost every single week, even with 4 center halves pllaying, and if it isn't Potter rectifies it proactively and quickly. We're dominating the ball, we're dominating the chances, what can Potter or anyone else do if we're not going to finish the chances were creating? Must get that final ingredient as we go on, it's simply a must but Potter can't score for them.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Surprised how much progress has been made in the teams ability to move the ball and create space and we seem to be getting better at the moment. However we also need to put chances away. We should really have won tonight last week and certainly taken something from Southampton game and again deserved a win v West Ham. We should be between 11-13 points based on performance but you still have to score. Biggest worry is we are light if CF players. Plus side Connolly and his movement could partly solve that.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Much better ???

Only difference they have won 2 we have won 1

They have been playing together using the same system for 2-3 years we have had 6 games

Yes, but much better given we've been in the league two years, no?
Come off it, they've started sensationally.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Work in progress. I'm seeing little improvements every game and enjoying the style of play. Watching Webster and Burn joining in with the attack is amazing and bewildering in equal measure.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
[QUOTE=Kazenga

And no mention of Connolly’s chip cleared off of the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Swansea don't seem to be missing him

or their best player

In recent years how many teams have improved when their manager got taken by a team in the division above them?

Luton?

hmm

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Swansea don't seem to be missing him

or their best player

In recent years how many teams have improved when their manager got taken by a team in the division above them?

Luton?

hmm

Missing him? Nope - not at the moment.

Would Swansea be anywhere close to the top of Championship if it wasnt for Potter's work last year? Nope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here