Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
An away point in a game we dominated and the Potter regime only just getting going. Football certainly did do the talking.

The problem is; some of these people who see the game better actually don’t. At all.

They base their entire judgement of the game on the final score. They don’t understand nuance, let alone see it. We drew 0-0 so today was bad. They don’t take anything else in to consideration. They don’t look at the fact we were missing numerous first team players, they don’t look at the excellent debut from a youth team player who had a goal ruled out for a marginal offside. They don’t look at the fact that our 19 year old wonder-kid was denied an excellent first goal by a ludicrously good piece of defending. They don’t see and understand the massive spike in performances this season. They just see the result, they don’t understand anything more than 0-0. There’s no point them even watching the game, it’s just moving images and whitenoise.

These idiots could sit and read Animal Farm and come away thinking it was a book about talking pigs.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the NSC people for having the "ignore" function to deal with masochist people like this "spence" guy. Was very obvious last week that this dudes interest in Brighton revolves around finding the most negative angle at any point regardless of whats actually happening. I know he subconsciously believes feeling negative about others makes him feel better about himself but fortunately its not how it works.

While I realise its a sad personality disorder and I sort of feel bad for the guy, its still pretty tiresome to watch. I'm probably not the only one having that feeling. My advice to people: while critical thinking is good & interesting stuff, some people you could just ignore without missing out on anything, because they are not really talking about Brighton/football but merely using this forum as a vehicle to deal with their own issues in a way that is very non-constructive.

The always glum views of some don’t affect me, it can be quite funny in an ironic kind of way.

I like the Potter revolution and that’s not derailed by several posters telling us it’s rotten to the core.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The problem is; some of these people who see the game better actually don’t. At all.

They base their entire judgement of the game on the final score. They don’t understand nuance, let alone see it. We drew 0-0 so today was bad. They don’t take anything else in to consideration. They don’t look at the fact we were missing numerous first team players, they don’t look at the excellent debut from a youth team player who had a goal ruled out for a marginal offside. They don’t look at the fact that our 19 year old wonder-kid was denied an excellent first goal by a ludicrously good piece of defending. They don’t see and understand the massive spike in performances this season. They just see the result, they don’t understand anything more than 0-0. There’s no point them even watching the game, it’s just moving images and whitenoise.

These idiots could sit and read Animal Farm and come away thinking it was a book about talking pigs.

Post of the week for me. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

An excellent post and I certainly agree with all, except one point - it wasn't a marginal offside, it was at least a metre. A marginal offside was the Spurs disallowed goal at Leicester this lunch time, that was a matter of a centimetre or two!

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Outstanding post. 10/10.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was there we rocked, you could hear a pin drop until 82 mins.

We were the best i’ve ever seen us play, at any level.

Relax; we played like Deep Purple in 1974 - sure Gillan and Glover have departed but Burn is the best thing we’re likely to see or indeed hear.

Mistreated we were, Newcastle: You Fool No One.

****ing class.

Alzate was sublime - amazing performance.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Relax; we played like Deep Purple in 1974 - sure Gillan and Glover have departed but Burn is the best thing we’re likely to see or indeed hear.

****ing class.

:smokin::rock::drink:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

****ing class.

How many did we take?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Wow. Some people don't understand 0-0 against a crap team doesn't cut it. Some people don't understand that 75% possession or being in top 6 of Xg league gets you nowhere. Two goals in 5 games (4 of which were winnable against bottom 14) ain't enough, nowhere near enough. What is there to understand about that?

Don't shoot. I am a believer; it will probably be alright. The system will adapt enough to get us goals; Trossard will return; we shall get a little luckier perhaps. But FFS don't lets pretend that it is OK now. It simply isn't.

And Animal Farm is about talking pigs.

It's a balance.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Agreed - out sung the Geordie massive too ! Wish I could have been with them.

I’m immensely proud tonight.

Dale Stephens, Mooy and Propper were truly superb too.

DS amazed me - unshackled (ahem)

Funny that, if you didn't watch the match on telly, you would have thought Propper had a stinker and should have been pulled off (fnarr fnarr) instead of Mooy.
Maybe I should not take the match day thread as gospel.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Wow. Some people don't understand 0-0 against a crap team doesn't cut it. Some people don't understand that 75% possession or being in top 6 of Xg league gets you nowhere. Two goals in 5 games (4 of which were winnable against bottom 14) ain't enough, nowhere near enough. What is there to understand about that?

Don't shoot. I am a believer; it will probably be alright. The system will adapt enough to get us goals; Trossard will return; we shall get a little luckier perhaps. But FFS don't lets pretend that it is OK now. It simply isn't.

As I was there, as I was last season - we were FAR better. Sure, they were worse but we made them so.

I realise we’re not world beaters, but there is cause for reasonable positivity - sitting in Gosforth right now, we’ll i’m on cloud nine.

We belonged today, you know, in the PL... and that is an encouraging thought.

Now, don’t get all angry and remember...

Peace be the journey.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

There's lots to understand about that.

But I would begin with trying to grasp that Animal Farm is not about talking pigs.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

You have no idea :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here