Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle: one point gained or two points dropped?

Was Newcaslle one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 210 79.2%

• Total voters

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Yes, agree with this, though you are perhaps a shade harsh. No trossard or Murray and so we had to field two inexperienced youngsters, who did, nonetheless do us proud. Encouraging performance for me, and yes, it is also frustrating to dominate, as we have done so often, and yet not get the 3 deserved points. But yet again we have shown so far that we are better than 5 other teams in "our league". I think there is more to come.

True. Perhaps I was a bit harsh and I shouldn’t fail to mention that our football is extremely enjoyable to watch .

peterward

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 11, 2009
Two dropped, for me. We were so much better, especially first half. We've got to make our superiority - when it happens - count.

Couldn't agree more.... The age old Albion problem:

When we're poor we invariably get beat, often when we're not poor we still get beat, then when we're good we invariably don't win.

Frustrating afternoon, there for the taking

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I always say if you have the lead and let it slip it's two dropped. We didn't have the lead, but we weren't behind. However, it's a point more than we had before the game. So on that count, it's a point gained.

What frustrates me is 70% possession to 30%, 600+ passes to <200. And we couldn't score. It wasn't a man of the match performance from their keeper that kept us out. It was us. Poor decisions and/or poor execution in that final third of the pitch. Watford aside, it's been the story of our season so far. If that doesn't change, we could be in serious trouble.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The age old Albion problem:

When we're poor we invariably get beat, often when we're not poor we still get beat, then when we're good we invariably don't win

A falsely gloomy synopsis of Albion, hopefully just a joke.

A club which got to the PL with a huge number of wins and despite having a bottom 3 budget stayed there, twice.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We are what we are.

The team and club are a 'just above the relegation zone' Premier League side.

It doesn't matter how much lipstick you smear on Brighton & Hove Albion we'll always be New Stoke.

To that end today was 1 point gained, if only because we stopped another Stoke getting 3 points.

Whilst I don't have any problem with you're opinion regarding league status, if you compare us to Stoke, expect a visit, and a horses head, at best. Blasphemy is not tolerable. ;-)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
2 dropped.

Should have won easily.

75% possession.

600+ passes.

Away from home.

I am pleasantly disappointed. or Disappointedly pleased.

Or something.

Diablo

Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Well, which is it?

Both surely ? Why do you need to ask ? we could have lost so one point gained and we could have won so two points lost !
As ( and it aint rocket science) is the same with every game!! .

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Fecking hell Point gained? Based on what ? We dropped 2pts today because we were utterly toothless up front. The game should have been done and dusted at half time.

If you think that's a point gained then you are in for a long hard winter.

We all will be in for a long hard winter having to read the manic depressive drivel you spout every fecking week :moo:

Diablo

Sep 22, 2014
lewes
A better side would've buried Newcastle tonight. We really lack a cutting edge.

Indeed Man City , Liverpool, Barca or Real Madrid would have buried Newcastle tonight..... Great observation !!

Sadly prob most of the other prem league teams would have done as well....but we couldn`t.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Both surely ? Why do you need to ask ? we could have lost so one point gained and we could have won so two points lost !
As ( and it aint rocket science) is the same with every game!! .

I don't need to ask, but as the thread has illustrated there is a wide range of opinions on the merits of our return from today's match.

I find it interesting. If you don't, you needn't open, read nor reply to the thread.

Diablo

Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I don't need to ask, but as the thread has illustrated there is a wide range of opinions on the merits of our return from today's match.

I find it interesting. If you don't, you needn't open, read nor reply to the thread.

oo bit offish... I do find others opinions interesting ... and like to be sensible but perhaps a little controversial to generate comment.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
2 dropped. We had 74% possession in the first half !!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
oo bit offish... I do find others opinions interesting ... and like to be sensible but perhaps a little controversial to generate comment.

Controversial?I asked a simple question.

There are people who think it's a silly question because it was so so-obviously one point gained, and others who think it's a stupid question because we definitely dropped two points. That's why it's interesting.

(I voted two dropped BTW)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Possession, corners, shots ...totally irrelevant. Goals are the only thing that counts. Score more than them !!

Exactly ... so 2 dropped

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here