Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Australia- 5th Ashes Test- The Oval- Thursday 12th September 2019

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ramprakash has just been sacked as our batting coach hasn’t he? And Hick is an Australia coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt I read that Thorpe is now the batting coach, which doesnt do his CV much good. I read that Jonathan Trott is doing his badges and said some encouraging things about the approach to building an innings as opposed to 20/20 so perhaps he will be considered for the post.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Warner :lolol: Hes one of the few positives to come out of this series, seeing his smug face walking off for next nothing every match is a small mercy.

Makes you wonder whether it is genuinely very difficult to take ODI form into tests.

Warner and Sharma were out there on their own getting 640+ runs in the world cup. Root and Bairstow were both in the top 6 run scorers, Roy and Stokes in the top 10.

Meanwhile, Steve Smith had a fairly average tournament only scoring a couple more than Morgan but 260 less than Warner got.

Take these and other stats into the test matches, and what a turn around. Roy and Warner cannot get a score for love nor money, Smith cannot stop scoring. Root unable to build on starts, and Bairstow looking like he's brain is just completely scrambled.

If it was just a couple of players in 1 team suffering, but both?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Harris out as well. So we are down to the batsman now...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Archer seeming to be a lot happier with the sun out and getting up toward 20 deg in London. Grim up Norf, forget pitches and conditions when selecting Archer, maybe it's just whether it's warm enough!?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Archer seeming to be a lot happier with the sun out and getting up toward 20 deg in London. Grim up Norf, forget pitches and conditions when selecting Archer, maybe it's just whether it's warm enough!?

Well, if that's the case then we can look forward to a sub continent tour for once.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Agreed that Marnus was out and not appealed but serious doubts about the accuracy of Ultra Edge now.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Curran is the only bowler who I think could get Smith out in front.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Agreed that Marnus was out and not appealed but serious doubts about the accuracy of Ultra Edge now.

Why should there be doubts? Warner knew he’d hit it for his dismissal, look at the guys face he was guilty as sin and walked off with no argument. One thing there can be no doubts about is the Australians lack of integrity to walk.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why should there be doubts? Warner knew he’d hit it for his dismissal, look at the guys face he was guilty as sin and walked off with no argument. One thing there can be no doubts about is the Australians lack of integrity to walk.

A later appeal against Labuschagne showed the noise came from the bat hitting the ground. Fine. But it also showed a thick spike just previous with the bat raised, not near pad, and the ball just pitching. No-one could work out why it was there.

Warner has kept his cheeky chappy look on throughout the series regardless.

I don't think that was out. The spike came after the bat. There was a clear gap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here