Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thoughts with Mr bell John Westwood today

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mr Westwood has done a fair bit for Charity. In 2003 he set up the Big Bell Foundation to raise money for the Blue Bell Railway. Sir Geoffrey Boycott got a Knighthood so...

He also claimed that the previous incident at St Mary's was due to a medical condition. He said at the time - 'I've got nothing against Southampton FC. Sometimes when you've got to go you've got to go!'.

giphy.gif

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
mr westwood has done a fair bit for charity. In 2003 he set up the big bell foundation to raise money for the blue bell railway. Sir geoffrey boycott got a knighthood so...

He also claimed that the previous incident at st mary's was due to a medical condition. He said at the time - 'i've got nothing against southampton fc. Sometimes when you've got to go you've got to go!'.

bullshit

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
He use to be banned, and it was indeed for pissing on the seats during a fa cup game against the blue few.

He had his banned overturned, on his request but he had to write a lengthy apology letter to the club...and has since been to
St Mary’s twice, once when southmpton and Pompey youth teams met, and again in the league.

The policing agreement was, anybody in this scenario ( Pompey shirt ) would not be admitted to the ground. I would imagine the police insisted on this being a condition we adhered to due to the upcoming match against them.

As has been said, he was informed in the days prior to the game and on the day on bus journey to the stadium. Blokes a cock.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because why waste their time? :shrug:
I'd agree except that they did release a statement (at least according to the posts on here), so why do that and not actually give the real reason he wasn't admitted? It's just odd.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He use to be banned, and it was indeed for pissing on the seats during a fa cup game against the blue few.

He had his banned overturned, on his request but he had to write a lengthy apology letter to the club...and has since been to
St Mary’s twice, once when southmpton and Pompey youth teams met, and again in the league.
At last, some facts!

The policing agreement was, anybody in this scenario ( Pompey shirt ) would not be admitted to the ground. I would imagine the police insisted on this being a condition we adhered to due to the upcoming match against them.
It seems totally wrong to me that fans of 91 league clubs, and any non league clubs can wear their club shirt to the England game, but fans of one club can't.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
At last, some facts!

It seems totally wrong to me that fans of 91 league clubs, and any non league clubs can wear their club shirt to the England game, but fans of one club can't.

Wrong, possibly.

Sensible? Defitnely,

Honestly believe if it wasn’t for upcoming match it wouldn’t have been a problem.
Sadly it’s the world we are in due to actions of a small number of football fans that we can’t be trusted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here