Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thoughts with Mr bell John Westwood today

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
His first match he went to was Pompey v Brighton and he said it was a cracking atmosphere against local rivals. Who said there was no rivalry between the two clubs.....there always was when I was younger. He is a giant spanner though isn't he.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Didn't he urinate on a seat the last time England played at Southampton in 2003? Nice. What a foul and disgusting man. Well done the stewards for remembering his past behaviour and reputation.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Not the brightest is he.

No, he really isn’t particularly bright. And he ALWAYS needs a shower!
I’ve met him on numerous occasions through work. He owns (or did) work in a bookshop in Petersfield he led me to believe

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Fella is an absolute ****. But, are we saying its ok to refuse admission to a football ground because you are a recognizable fan of another club? Dangerous precedent if true...

Trouble is he has previous at St Mary's we are led to believe. Is it true he urinated on a seat there? if so you can't blame them for not letting him in.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of other club colours are allowed and or nothing said on t&cs then frankly it is discrimantory and he should be refunded his ticket and associated costs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of other club colours are allowed and or nothing said on t&cs then frankly it is discrimantory and he should be refunded his ticket and associated costs.

Cobblers. He was on a deliberate wind-up. He's been seen at other England games not wearing Pompey garb, but the day they rock up at St Mary's, of COURSE he's got to wear their rivals colours (for the attention).

I was in the home end at Arsenal last season for our game. Would I have expected to be let in if I was mincing around in the stripes ? Thats a "no". Hence going in neutral colours. This wasn't a club game, but he was going into an unsegregated area in Southamptons stadium, so its bloody obvious he would've attracted the attention of some locals who may not have taken kindly.

The stewards could've let it slide, but overall, it was probably deemed he wasn't worth the hassle. So he spent his evening in Spud-U-Like on his mobile, contacting the local papers to make sure everyone knew. And nearly everyone went home happy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It's mostly about intent. If it was some 6 year old girl I doubt there would be a problem. If it's a fully grown man it's a judgement call about is he wearing it to cause/incite trouble? In his case I think there's not only previous history but a good chance he'll have been proudly announcing his intentions as he approached the ticket inspection.

Also partly about safety as he'd be the first to moan if he gave loads of abuse to families around him, confronted some southapton goons and then got beaten up.

Oh and can confirm the guy actually reeked the one time I walked past him.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's just odd he's not allowed into a ground for wearing a shirt but he's allowed to spend a whole game miming blow jobs and bum sex at the family stand without stewards getting involved

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The decision to not let him in I imagine had nothing to do with the fact he was wearing a Pompey shirt, the fact he turned up wearing it just gave them an excuse to use.

The guy is a class A bellend whose main agenda is to stir up trouble and court publicity. Hiding behind “being a great loyal fan” doesn’t excuse his behaviour.

He knew what he was doing and the circumstances around them, if he really wanted to go and watch the game he knew what he had to do and he chose not to.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
People do realise he’s actually banned from St.Marys, right? Because he pissed on a load of seats during an England U-21 game there.

I think it’s probably fair enough he wasn’t allowed in but it seems most people have swallowed the complete bollocks he’s spouting.

:ffsparr:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Cobblers. He was on a deliberate wind-up. He's been seen at other England games not wearing Pompey garb, but the day they rock up at St Mary's, of COURSE he's got to wear their rivals colours (for the attention).

I was in the home end at Arsenal last season for our game. Would I have expected to be let in if I was mincing around in the stripes ? Thats a "no". Hence going in neutral colours. This wasn't a club game, but he was going into an unsegregated area in Southamptons stadium, so its bloody obvious he would've attracted the attention of some locals who may not have taken kindly.

The stewards could've let it slide, but overall, it was probably deemed he wasn't worth the hassle. So he spent his evening in Spud-U-Like on his mobile, contacting the local papers to make sure everyone knew. And nearly everyone went home happy.

It’s a ‘neutral’ game of football Easy! Not a declaration of war, shouldn’t the stewards be above someone wearing a local rivals shirt? Bit hard of for him to remove his dreadlocks and tattoos as well. It’s pathetic all round really but more so from a ‘customer service’ perspective which football purports to provide but picks and chooses when it does. Still interested to know if terms and conditions of sale demand no club colours and whether other club fans worse there’s and if so, how many deaths and incidents of violence it caused at St Mary’s.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People do realise he’s actually banned from St.Marys, right? Because he pissed on a load of seats during an England U-21 game there.

I think it’s probably fair enough he wasn’t allowed in but it seems most people have swallowed the complete bollocks he’s spouting.

:ffsparr:

Then that is more than fair enough. So this entire Pompey shirt thing is a red herring? He’s banned for past behaviour. And he turned up despite that yes? He can expect to be refused entry then! More than fair I’d say.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For arguments sake lets say the match had been at the Amex and he turned up with a palace shirt etc? What would peoples views be then?
If it's an England game and people are being allowed in with club shirts, then so should they.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trouble is he has previous at St Mary's we are led to believe. Is it true he urinated on a seat there? if so you can't blame them for not letting him in.
I'm not convinced that's true:
"A Southampton FC statement said: ‘The police and safety plan around the game stipulated that any fan in this scenario would not be admitted for safety and security reasons.
This was communicated to the fan in question on multiple occasions ahead of his arrival at the stadium.’ "

Now if he was guilty of pissing on a seat in the stadium then surely the club would have previously issued him a lifetime ban, and it wouldn't have mattered what shirt he was wearing. So they wouldn't have 'communicated to the fan in question on multiple occasions ahead of his arrival', they'd have just reminded him that he was banned.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was in the home end at Arsenal last season for our game. Would I have expected to be let in if I was mincing around in the stripes ? Thats a "no". Hence going in neutral colours.
What's that got to do with anything?

It was an England game, and fans were allowed to go in club colours. We can't have a situation where you can go in club colours, unless an England game is being held at a club ground and you support their rivals.

WTF happens if the game is at Old Trafford or White Hart Lane? You'd have an England game with a list of club shirts fans couldn't wear. So what if he wanted attention? It's pretty clear he wasn't going to be violent, he just wanted to wear his club shirt, like anyone else.

Now if he'd been refused because he stank so much it was unfair on those sitting near him, then fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here